Newly installed disk is bad - I just want to ignore it ever existed

So last night I stuck a new disk in my array. It went through the clear and format, etc. Afterwards, it started throwing errors like crazy and I've determined the disk is bad. I have removed the disk from the array and now it shown as missing. I just want to tell unRaid to ignore the disk ever existed and go back to having 7 disks instead of 8.

To my knowledge, no data was written or should be lost, so it's of no concern. How do I go about just telling unRaid to quit the missing errors and basically treat the disk as lost?

Unraid 6.1.6

So last night I stuck a new disk in my array. It went through the clear and format, etc. Afterwards, it started throwing errors like crazy and I've determined the disk is bad. I have removed the disk from the array and now it shown as missing. I just want to tell unRaid to ignore the disk ever existed and go back to having 7 disks instead of 8.

To my knowledge, no data was written or should be lost, so it's of no concern. How do I go about just telling unRaid to quit the missing errors and basically treat the disk as lost?

Unraid 6.1.6

Did you preclear the drive?

How exactly did you determine that it is the disk that is bad and not something else? If you need help with that then go to Tools - Diagnostics and post your complete diagnostics zip.

To make unRAID work again without the disk:

Go to Tools - New Config

Reassign all the drives you want to keep. Make very sure you don't assign a data disk to the parity slot. You don't want unRAID to overwrite your data with parity.

Start

Let it rebuild parity.

Followed your instructions - worked perfectly. It's humming away on a parity sync. Thank you so much!

The disk itself was a case of me being sloppy - I'd pulled it from a PC of mine and sort of suspected it had some issues but kind of ignored them. Forgot about them and tossed it in the server. Tons of bad sector errors. Didn't run the pre-clear script, just whatever the default unRAID clear and format is for a newly added disk. Will run pre-clear in the future to test for this sort of thing. Good learning experience.