Failure to enable br0 (Network Bridge)

rix

For setting up VMs I have tried to set up a public network bridge.

This was unsuccessful: whenever I try to enable br0 (or br1 or whatever I call it) the webinterface gets stuck and nothing happens. Any Idea what might go wrong? Could there be a conflict with docker's bridge? (hence I have tried br1 out, br0 was also not working).

I have waited a good 10 Minutes and nothing happened

bridge.jpg.597fd3d9c5e12a85c7688d974bc09e53.jpg

You don't need to block out your IP or gateway, as those are your private IP addresses and most people just use 192.168.0.1 or .100.  As for your problem, post what the output of ifconfig is after you try to enable the bridge, and then your system log.

You may have to try manually enabling it in the config file, or through the console.

Thank you for replying!

I cannot post useful logs, because the system becomes unreachable after enabling the bridge. Only resetting works and after that meaningful logs are gone.. the output of  Tools/Diagnostics gives me only info on the freshly booted OS

Could I output logs to a permanent directory to see whats happening?

I'm not too sure on a lot of the networking aspects of unRAID, as they seem to have commands missing that I would expect on regular distros. 

ifconfig br0 up  -- this will enable your bridge

I would think the bridge instance would be preconfigured.  I would check for you but my unRAID is down and can't seem to get any support on my thread.  Give it a try, then try running ifconfig and see what the output is.

Just a small update. Network settings in general do not seem to apply on my unRAID box. Neither assigning a static IP, nor enabling the bridge is successful

DHCP is done by my router, everything else (Docker, VMs etc. works fine). Odd that just this part of the settings is not working..

When entering "ifconfig br0 up" my UNRAID responds with: "br0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device"

Archived