Linux VM screen scrolls

Ok so I'm new to unraid but so far everything is going well except one issue with a Ubuntu 14.04 VM with passthrough. I'm passing through nvidia GTX 650Ti card the on board audio along with several usb devices. Keyboard, mouse, and USB headset. This has happened twice now and the only way to correct the first time was to delete and reinstall the VM. It will run fine for several days then after a shutdown from within the VM on startup the screen will scroll right to left in blocks and keyboard and sometimes mouse will not work. USB headset wasn't working giving speed mismatch so I've implemented the fix http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=41922.0. This correct the headset issues but now it is scrolling again. I'm not even sure what to call this as I've never seen this before. Here is a picture to better explain. http://imgur.com/nF25zaO. I've tried restarting the unraid server in full along with just the VM though I have to do a force stop on the VM for the webGUI. I'm also running the proprietary nvidia drivers for gaming. unraid specs are:

ASRock X99 WS-E/10G LGA2011-v3

Intel i7-5820K

64GB ram

SSD are OCZ Trion 100

HHD are Hitachi 2TB

Corsair RM1000X

Also same issue with GTX950 and GTX970 cards and with and without proprietary nvidia drivers. What I've noticed is it happens after shutting down VM and then making changes to VM in webGUI. Then on startup you get the screen scroll. Also you cannot tell by the picture but it keeps shifting every few seconds. Open to any suggestions as I'd really like to not have to start over again on this VM. Also haven't tried this with Windows yet. Also to be complete other items running on this same server: MineOS minecraft server as docker, no-ip as docker, one other linux VM and pfSense router.

Ok so fixed it. I think we'll see if it happens again. Belows the step in case anyone else runs into this.

1. In the webGUI edit the VM and remove the graphics card, audio, and all USB pass-throughs setting the graphics as VNC

2. Had to delete the tablet input device from the XML directly as VM gave an error on startup.

3. Start VM and view with VNC. Couldn't log in and video on VNC was jacked.

4. Do Ctrl+Alt+F1 to get to terminal and login

5. Enter sudo apt-get remove --purge nvidia-* and enter root pw when asked

6. Enter sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop (not sure this is needed but I did it anyways)

7. Enter sudo shutdown -r now

8. Now after restart you can login to the desktop via VNC.

9. Shutdown the VM via the standard process inside the VM

10. In the webGUI edit the VM to add the video card and usb items back.

11. I also had to edit the XML directly to change the usb controller model as model='nec-xhci' to prevent speed mismatch issues.

Seems to be working fine for now.