File transferring from PC to Unraid server.

Fuggin

I rip my movies regularly as I buy them to put them on my media server, however, when I transfer them from my PC to the server, the transfer hangs up. I use file explorer and teracopy. Both get hungup and say that the network resource is missing during the transfer.

Please advise.

Mostly worked.  The syslog.txt was an empty file for some reason, but syslog-2.txt told the story

You've got corruption on disk 8

Stop the array, restart it in maintenance mode, then run the file system checks on disk #8

That's odd...I knew disk 8 was corrupted...I already replaced the disk with a new one last week. SMART status is normal currently

Mostly worked.  The syslog.txt was an empty file for some reason, but syslog-2.txt told the story

You've got corruption on disk 8

Stop the array, restart it in maintenance mode, then run the file system checks on disk #8

That's odd...I knew disk 8 was corrupted...I already replaced the disk with a new one last week. SMART status is normal currently

If you had never performed the file system checks, then rebuilding a corrupted drive onto a new drive is merely going to transfer the corruption to the other.  Corruption has nothing to do SMART status.

Why is this so difficult? I thought unraid was supposed to be easy...the Unraid told me the drive was bad, so I replaced it and and it re-built itself....I thought the whole purpose of parity and all was to rebuild and fix these corruptions...

I am getting to be quite disappointed with Unraid...I also ready lost 5TB due to corruption on another drive...

Why is this so difficult? I thought unraid was supposed to be easy...the Unraid told me the drive was bad, so I replaced it and and it re-built itself....I thought the whole purpose of parity and all was to rebuild and fix these corruptions...

I am getting to be quite disappointed with Unraid...I also ready lost 5TB due to corruption on another drive...

Parity is designed to rebuild bad drives.  If the data on the drive in question is pooched, there's nothing a parity system (or a traditional raid system running reiserfs or xfs or ntfs, etc) can do about it.

Rebuilding from parity can only reproduce a disk bit-for-bit, so if the data is bad, including the "data" that is maintained for the filesystem (folders and files and where they are scattered on the disk, for example) then bad data is what you rebuild.

67 found corruptions can be fixed only when running with --rebuild-tree

so I run reiserfsck --rebuild-tree?

Now....how does one know when a drive is bad due to data corruption or a hardware issue?

unRaid will only redball a drive due to a write failure (hardware).  Corruptions however can happen for a number of reasons not necessarily related to a hardware failure - surge along the power lines, brownouts / power failures during write operations, etc.  SMART will tell you if the drive is physically bad or not.

67 found corruptions can be fixed only when running with --rebuild-tree

so I run reiserfsck --rebuild-tree?

Now....how does one know when a drive is bad due to data corruption or a hardware issue?

unRaid will only redball a drive due to a write failure (hardware).  Corruptions however can happen for a number of reasons not necessarily related to a hardware failure - surge along the power lines, brownouts / power failures during write operations, etc.  SMART will tell you if the drive is physically bad or not.

And a disabled drive is not necessarily a bad drive. But a disabled drive must be rebuilt. If it is not bad you can rebuild it to itself.