Enhanced Log view with lines highlighted in color with Syslog filter

dlandon

Update with RobJ modifications incorporated.  You will need to go to the settings page and click default to get the colors set to default or remove and re-install the plugin.

Further suggestions welcome.

EDIT: RobJ, I've attached the latest match file and would appreciate you reviewing and making suggestions.

may i ask why you don't update the release notes every time you make a change?

thanks

I'll take it out of beta in a few days and then start posting release notes then.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an AOC-SASLP-MV8 which produces false positives, the second and third lines below being highlighted as errors, presumably by the presence of the word "error". Is there a way to filter this out, please?

Jan  5 00:31:16 Lapulapu kernel: sas: Enter sas_scsi_recover_host busy: 0 failed: 0
Jan  5 00:31:16 Lapulapu kernel: sas: ata9: end_device-1:0: dev error handler
Jan  5 00:31:16 Lapulapu kernel: sas: ata10: end_device-1:1: dev error handler

Thanks for making the highlight colours customisable. Some of the default pastel shades look too similar to my eyes.

I have an AOC-SASLP-MV8 which produces false positives, the second and third lines below being highlighted as errors, presumably by the presence of the word "error". Is there a way to filter this out, please?

Jan  5 00:31:16 Lapulapu kernel: sas: Enter sas_scsi_recover_host busy: 0 failed: 0
Jan  5 00:31:16 Lapulapu kernel: sas: ata9: end_device-1:0: dev error handler
Jan  5 00:31:16 Lapulapu kernel: sas: ata10: end_device-1:1: dev error handler

Thanks for making the highlight colours customisable. Some of the default pastel shades look too similar to my eyes.

Yes.  I'll fix in the next release.

Jan 10 18:20:50 Lapulapu kernel: xor: automatically using best checksumming function:

Jan 10 18:20:50 Lapulapu kernel: r8169 0000:04:00.0 eth0: jumbo features [frames: 9200 bytes, tx checksumming: ko]

Both are being flagged as Minor issues. Is it the word "checksumming" that's causing the false positive, for some reason?

Jan 10 18:20:50 Lapulapu kernel: xor: automatically using best checksumming function:

Jan 10 18:20:50 Lapulapu kernel: r8169 0000:04:00.0 eth0: jumbo features [frames: 9200 bytes, tx checksumming: ko]

Both are being flagged as Minor issues. Is it the word "checksumming" that's causing the false positive, for some reason?

It's actually the match "checksum" that is marking the lines, but those should be marked as system, not minor issue.  "checksumming" should be checked first and it should be marked as "system" according to the original unmenu matching file.  I'll fix in next release.

False positives resulting from pre-clear reports:

Jan 13 21:40:33 Northolt preclear_disk-diff[52582]: #011#011#011#011#011without error or no self-test has ever

Jan 13 21:40:33 Northolt preclear_disk-diff[52582]: #011#011#011#011#011SCT Error Recovery Control supported.

Jan 13 21:40:33 Northolt preclear_disk-diff[52582]: ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE

Jan 13 21:40:33 Northolt preclear_disk-diff[52582]: SMART Error Log Version: 1

Jan 13 21:40:33 Northolt preclear_disk-diff[52582]: # 1  Short offline       Completed without error       00%        89         -

I guess it's the word "error" that's being caught as an Error, and the word "WHEN_FAILED" that's being caught as a Minor Issue.

I'm getting a false positive from the mover. It indicates as a Minor Issue and I'm guessing it's triggered by the question mark in the folder name.

Jan 20 18:52:36 Lapulapu logger: ./Public/Shared Videos/EyeTV Archive/Manchester's Serial Killer?.eyetv/000000001c4ef6f8.mpg
Jan 20 18:52:36 Lapulapu logger: >f+++++++++ Public/Shared Videos/EyeTV Archive/Manchester's Serial Killer?.eyetv/000000001c4ef6f8.mpg
Jan 20 18:52:36 Lapulapu logger: ./Public/Shared Videos/EyeTV Archive/Manchester's Serial Killer?.eyetv

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Glad to hear you are using it.  Someone mentioned that there wasn't a posting for quite a while and they thought the plugin might have been abandoned or dead.  Not so.

I too like making my own choices for the colors.  I have a color deficiency and some of the colors I have trouble discerning.

• 4 months later...

I have had this running for a while, i *think* it worked when i first started setting up unraid, but this has no logs at all. So obviously, I have broken something, or something else is borked.

So log screen has no logs, I have also downloaded the logs, and i have an empty file.

Had a skim through this thread and not sure i have seen anything relevant to my issue. Shall I reinstall or is there something else i can do to troubleshoot?

Cheers!

18 minutes ago, Oxxy said:

I have had this running for a while, i *think* it worked when i first started setting up unraid, but this has no logs at all. So obviously, I have broken something, or something else is borked.

So log screen has no logs, I have also downloaded the logs, and i have an empty file.

Had a skim through this thread and not sure i have seen anything relevant to my issue. Shall I reinstall or is there something else i can do to troubleshoot?

Cheers!

Remove the plugin and see if you can view the log with the built in log viewer.  If not, then there is an unRAID issue.

Thanks for the reply.

The remove plugin seems a bit greyed out, certainly when i click on it nothing happens.

I stopped the array to see if that needed to be done prior to removal, then the GUI hung.

So I used command line to restart it as cleanly as i could. Upon restart, the logs seem to be working.

Now the logs are working, seems i have more issues to address!

Thanks for the assistance dlandon (and the hard work you do around here).

If this happens again, shall i report back?

18 minutes ago, Oxxy said:

Thanks for the reply.

The remove plugin seems a bit greyed out, certainly when i click on it nothing happens.

I stopped the array to see if that needed to be done prior to removal, then the GUI hung.

So I used command line to restart it as cleanly as i could. Upon restart, the logs seem to be working.

Now the logs are working, seems i have more issues to address!

Thanks for the assistance dlandon (and the hard work you do around here).

If this happens again, shall i report back?

Keep an eye on the log space.  You may have filled it.

Does it log to the cache drive?

If so, that was choc full. Mover wasn't moving anything out of it. I moved everything off manually just ealier today.

For some silly reason i didnt think to mention it :/ (sorry, juggling a lot)

Would that explain it?

8 hours ago, Oxxy said:

Does it log to the cache drive?

If so, that was choc full. Mover wasn't moving anything out of it. I moved everything off manually just ealier today.

For some silly reason i didnt think to mention it :/ (sorry, juggling a lot)

Would that explain it?

It logs to a limited space reserved in RAM. On the Dashboard near lower left you can check on the space used on flash : log : docker.

• 2 months later...
On 27/09/2017 at 10:02 PM, dlandon said:

Ctrl-End takes you to the bottom of the log.

Or you can click the Log button at the top right of any page of the GUI to pop-up a window showing the last few lines of the log. It's a core unRIAD feature that works independently of this plugin and I find it very useful.