UnRaid storing files in cache even though shares set to not use cache

I have a large amount of files and folders that are either sitting on my cache drive, but they are not being moved over to the shares. The strange thing is that many of these shares are marked to NOT use the cache drive. However, the files are sitting there anyway.

When I SSH into the UnRaid box, I did a directory listing on /mnt/cache and saw three folders: Media, VMs, and downloads. When I check their settings in Shares, VMs is set to cache only, but the other two are set to Cache No. Yet, there are files in all of them.

When I run mover from the command line it says: skipping "Media, skipping "VMs", skipping "downloads". I understand why it skips VMs, but why isn't it handling the other two?

Thanks for any help.

Update: I set the two shares, downloads and Media, to Cache Yes and ran the mover. Now it's moving the files over.

A setting of Cache No is designed to leave any files on the Cache drive even if they logically belong to a share.  The files will show up under the share when you try and read from it but will not be moved to the array disks.  There are scenarios in which this is desired behaviour.

Why would it store files in the cache in the first place if I didn't want to use the cache drive for those shares?
This is almost certainly due to either manual action or an app you are running.  This would typically be because there is something like a docker that is using the cache drive and that at sometime issues a rename command to put the files into another folder.  The rename always leaves files on the same drive.  It is likely that in such a scenario you want the Cache Yes setting.

To be more direct, are you running any applications (plugin or docker) that are setup to use /mnt/cache/downloads(or Media)  instead of /mnt/user/downloads(or Media)?

This was exactly the issue. I was setting many dockers to use /mnt/cache/<whatever> and those directories were set to cache = no. It caused me all kinds of headaches with app configuration as the apps were looking in /mnt/user instead of /mnt/cache for plugins, scripts, etc. So, I switched all apps to use /mnt/user/<whatever> and set the cache drive to yes on the drives where I wanted it cached.

I think I misconfigured it initially since I thought when a file was on a cache drive it wouldn't be available until the mover script ran. I later learned that anything in the cache also shows up in the array immediately, but I never reconfigured anything.

Things are running great now!