Dynamix webGUI - test drivers required - please update to 6.1.7

bonienl

Please uninstall this plugin and update your unRAID version to 6.1.7.

I have created the plugin Dynamix Bleeding Edge which contains all the latest - but yet unofficial - developments of the Dynamix webGUI.

I like to get some feedback on the changes which have been made (these are given in the release notes), and make further adjustments where needed.

The plugin can be installed thru the plugin manager by copying and pasting this URL, https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.bleeding.edge.plg

This plugin will ONLY install when unRAID version 6.1.6 is running, if using any older version of unRAID you'll need to upgrade, in addition the plugin won't install on any newer version of unRAID whenever released, though it is advised to remove the plugin in the future as it will become obsolete.

This plugin incorporates the earlier hotfix and SMART update changes for v6.1.6, if these files are found in the folder /extra then they will be removed automatically upon installation of this plugin.

In case you uninstall this plugin, you will need to reboot your system to do a complete restoral of the original v6.1.6 webGUI.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The webGUI changes are display related and do NOT harm data operations, using the update won't put your data at risk bearing in mind user operational mistakes.

I am using this both on my production system and test system with no side effects. Development has been going on for about a month.

I like to get feedback that new improvements are properly displayed in different cases. For example people running many plugins, dockers or VMs should get now a list which is shown in a scrollable view without extending the page itself. And there is more...

The webGUI changes are display related and do NOT harm data operations, using the update won't put your data at risk bearing in mind user operational mistakes.

I am using this both on my production system and test system with no side effects. Development has been going on for about a month.

I like to get feedback that new improvements are properly displayed in different cases. For example people running many plugins, dockers or VMs should get now a list which is shown in a scrollable view without extending the page itself. And there is more...

thanks for the quick answers

one more question

the dockers and plugins currently installed won't be affected by the test GUI?

Dec 22 19:09:23 Tower sshd[22152]: Received disconnect from : 11: disconnected by user
Dec 22 19:19:52 Tower sshd[12117]: Received disconnect from : 11: disconnected by user
Dec 22 19:57:17 Tower sshd[20064]: Accepted publickey for root from  port 52621 ssh2: RSA 
Dec 22 22:01:03 Tower sshd[20064]: Received disconnect from : 11: disconnected by user

The above messages get red color coded but they are not errors

BTW, I love the new log! Thumbs up!

EDIT:

sorry, my bad the color is orange and looks very close to red. They're not errors. Can the login color be changed to something more neutral?

I would anyway change the behaviour of the checkboxes.

"hide text|default unchecked" to "text|default checked" checkbox.

I would also love to see a sort of quick behaviour where you double click the checkbox and all the other ones get automatically unchecked instead of unchecking them manually to narrow the filter to one category only. In addition an All checkbox to selected them all back

By default the behavior is as follows:

- Show ALL text in the syslog file ('Hide text' is unchecked)

- Show highlighted categories (all 'categories' are checked)

In this mode when a category is unchecked it results in the highlighted text to change to regular text, but all text remains viewable.

When you check 'Hide text' is will suppress all regular text and only show the highlighted categories. In this mode when unchecking a category it will suppress the view of that category. This allows to make a 'shortlist' of only the messages you are interested in. For example it is possible to show only error messages (if any) by checking 'Hide text' and 'Error', while unchecking all other categories.

- Show ALL text in the syslog file ('Hide text' is unchecked)

- Show highlighted categories (all 'categories' are checked)

I don't find this intuitive user experience. Either you make the checkboxes behave the same or one has to "figure out" that one of them works the opposite respecting the others.

This allows to make a 'shortlist' of only the messages you are interested in. For example it is possible to show only error messages (if any) by checking 'Hide text' and 'Error', while unchecking all other categories.

And that's what I'm saying. You have to click 5 checkboxes to highlight the errors only.

If you trap the double click or think of something else with a quick double click I would like to immediately filter for the errors.

I'm just suggesting since you asked for feedback.

Any long page needs to scroll.  For example the Dashboard.

The "none" scrolling only happens on a limited number of pages, those which (can) produce very long lists:

Under Tools -> Archived Notifications, Processes, System Log, Page Map, Vars

In addition the listings of Plugins, Dockers and VMs have this feature.

Not keen on the docker scroll, as scrolling inside a browser which scrolls confuses the hell out of me, but I understand the logic for doing so...

What is your screen resolution?

I use a minimum height based on a screen resolution of 1280x960, this is the lowest to still get a single scroll area. Bigger screen resolutions is even better of course!

Not keen on the docker scroll, as scrolling inside a browser which scrolls confuses the hell out of me, but I understand the logic for doing so...

I use a minimum height based on a screen resolution of 1280x960, this is the lowest to still get a single scroll area. Bigger screen resolutions is even better of course!

I tend to use my laptop which only has a resolution of 1366 x 768, which I suspect is a fairly common resolution out there.

I tend to use my laptop which only has a resolution of 1366 x 768, which I suspect is a fairly common resolution out there.

I have reduced the minimum height requirement, so it can fit on a screen resolution like yours.

Also have updated the color coding selection to eliminate more false positives.

You can update the plugin thru the plugin manager (check for updates).

I have reduced the minimum height requirement, so it can fit on a screen resolution like yours.

Also have updated the color coding selection to eliminate more false positives.

You can update the plugin thru the plugin manager (check for updates).

Hmmm, it still scrolls bonienl but I suspect it's something to do with the browser window size rather than my desktop size.  TBH I'm getting used to it now and can see the benefits, I don't want you wasting your time on something so trivial tbh mate...  :)