Dynamix webGUI - test drivers required - please update to 6.1.7

bonienl

Bug? - can't download syslog, chrome, firefox or ie.

Request #1- Now that it’s possible to acknowledge current SMART values add monitoring by default of:

199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count

Request #2 - If Bar(color) is selected for Used / Free columns  on Main page use same settings for Dashboard page.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check for running adblockers...

Request #1- Now that it’s possible to acknowledge current SMART values add monitoring by default of:

199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count

By default it follows the five attributes as given by BackBlaze, you can however add custom attributes.

Request #2 - If Bar(color) is selected for Used / Free columns  on Main page use same settings for Dashboard page.

I purposely kept the Dashboard page in "all" gray, i.e. all graphics have the same color. Take your request under consideration for the moment.

Don’t believe that’s the problem, as I don’t have any add-ons on both Firefox and IE, chrome has adblock plus with Unraid server whitelisted, syslog download works in all 3 browsers if I uninstall bleeding edge.

ETA:Diagnostics download works, issue is downloading syslog only.

Don’t believe that’s the problem, as I don’t have any add-ons on both Firefox and IE, chrome has adblock plus with Unraid server whitelisted, syslog download works in all 3 browsers if I uninstall bleeding edge.

ETA:Diagnostics download works, issue is downloading syslog only.

You just found a bug ???

The updated syslog page (part of bleeding edge package) has a small mistake, it's corrected and will be included in the next version of unRAID.

Thanks!

could it be that this now causes disk space notifications to be sent?

(that were not sent before)

In the latest version notifications will be sent when disk utilization exceeds the thresholds.

ah ok, thanks. "problem": i will probably always have a few disks above "high" (or even full), while others may be almost empty. this would now cause notifs to be sent all the time, so i need to either raise the threshold levels - and loose quick oversight by color coding in the gui - or disable certain notifications at all (of course not a good idea).

i'd say it might be ok to get warnings if the whole box exceeds "high", but not for single disks (you'll notice that anyway if you try to copy onto them). personally i would not even care if the whole box is still below "almost full", but would of course like to keep coloring that is derived from these values; ideal would be to choose if notifications should be sent at all when warning/critical disk utilization levels are reached?

ps: sending out notifications should be handled with care imo ;) too much of them and they will only cause noise one is probably going to ignore in one way or another...

I got several notifications and didn't realize how full some of my drives where. Moved some files around and now my Server is happy and my OCD isn't freaking out. ;)

... isn't "fill-up" a valid unraid strategy? ;)

There all kinds of strategies...

Adjust the utilization thresholds to the one you want to follow.

I got several notifications and didn't realize how full some of my drives where. Moved some files around and now my Server is happy and my OCD isn't freaking out. ;)

How about adding

Default warning array utilization level(%):

Default critical array utilization level (%):

And maybe for cache utilization but that might not work for btrfs.

Just thought I would post to let you know that I have been using this for awhile without any issues. My favorite new feature is the log coloring, I like that it is minimalist and only highlights the important items. I appreciate you making all the changes to the unRAID GUI. I can not even image what life would be like if I had to use the old v5 GUI  :o

I did adjust some thresholds and moved some files around to make everything at least green or yellow. Lol

I was just saying its a nice feature and Thank you for including it.

Is it possible to get the same setting tab on a disk if you enter via the dashboard like there is under the main tab?  It seems to be the same tabs except for missing the settings tab.    Also if the hover would show the errors like the current instead of letting you know there is a context menu.

Great work on the UI by the way...  It is really nice having someone with focus on the UI, and not just having it as a necessary piece to get the raid to work..

Is it possible to get the same setting tab on a disk if you enter via the dashboard like there is under the main tab?  It seems to be the same tabs except for missing the settings tab.

There is no difference between Dashboard and Main. If no settings tab is available it means the particular disk is not part of the array.

For those interested I made available a new version 2016.01.09 of the bleeding edge package.

This contains both enhancements and fixes from the previous version.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thank you for the ability to move "Users" off the main menu tab.  It is not used enough to take up that valuable real estate.

Is it possible to get the same setting tab on a disk if you enter via the dashboard like there is under the main tab?  It seems to be the same tabs except for missing the settings tab.

There is no difference between Dashboard and Main. If no settings tab is available it means the particular disk is not part of the array.

It is actually an unassigned disk.  If you click the unassigned tab on main and then select the disk you get the settings tab as the first tab, but under the dashboard if you select the same unassigned disk, the settings tab is missing.

Yeah, I am running that plugin..

The intended behavior is NO settings page for any disks outside of the array, these disks are not controlled by unRAID. Some settings don't make sense/work, while threshold and SMART settings only work on a global level, i.e. no individual disk settings.

The stock unassigned devices page will not show the settings page, the plugin however does...