[Solved] File Copy / 0x8007003b Error

Hi,

I'm still having issues copying to my new Unraid build (I never had any issues with 4.7) and am pulling what's left of my hair out now. Iv'e done a search on here and there does not seem to be a particular complete fix for this issue.

I'm running Server 5.0.6, Shares are set to High-Water, I still have 250gb+ left on the drives (1.06 tb free) and am trying to copy an 11gb file, but every time i start a file copy to the server, it stops about 6 % into the copy, box come up with the above error and after a minute or so my Unraid box will reboot!

I have tried running in safe mode, disabling anti-virus, running fdsk on flash drive.

The thing is I can move files within a disk share, I can copy FROM server/tower to a windows machine fine. Just not the other way. I should add that this is the first time I'm trying to copy anything since I added my parity drive to the array.

I have attached the latest syslog.

Any help on this very frustrating error would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Phil

Unraid_Log_26-12-15.txt

*Update*

I have 2 main shares setup on SMB, Movies & TV. Movies is then split between various folders, but in the main A-Z. Its these folders I'm having a problem copying to.

I can copy a small 300mb file to //Tower/Movies/Folder, but not a large file.

I can though copy the 11gb file to the TV root folder.

When i tried to copy this 11gb file from TV/ to the Movies/A/ i got the same 0x8007003b Error ???

Might i have an issue with one of the disks?

When i added the parity drive it found 125 errors, but fixed them all on 2nd run to fix errors.

*Update*

I have managed to solve this I think and for anyone else with the same issue, this seems to have been a setting in Windows 10 that needed to be disabled in order to stop this,

"netsh interface tcp set global chimney=disabled"

Needs a reboot after disabling and I'm finding any new/separate file copy also needs its own reboot, but its working. :)

• 4 years later...
On 12/26/2015 at 5:45 PM, Rodahle said:

*Update*

I have managed to solve this I think and for anyone else with the same issue, this seems to have been a setting in Windows 10 that needed to be disabled in order to stop this,

"netsh interface tcp set global chimney=disabled"

Needs a reboot after disabling and I'm finding any new/separate file copy also needs its own reboot, but its working. :)

i tried this i got 'chimney' is invalid argument