Might not be an unRAID problem but I'm not sure - issues streaming from NAS

be4con

This is probably not an unRAID problem, but I don't know enough to be sure, I'm hoping someone can tell me and I will know then where to look for help.

I've been using a WDTV Live streaming box to access media from my unRAID NAS. Until around a week ago it was working fine, I was able to fully access all my files on my NAS as a network share and stream them without issue. Suddenly my WDTV Live will not readily access the NAS. When it finds it - which it does most of the time - access is sluggish and unresponsive with scrolling through folders taking an age and freezing on the menu, before suddenly catching up and jumping on through multiple folders.

When I try and play files that a week ago played fine the start up is very slow and then after a very brief period - usually 10 seconds to a minute the files stops playing and I get booted back out to the library. This happens with every file.

So a couple of things seem to have happened around the time this fault appeared and this is why I'm wondering if it might be an unRAID issue after all:

[*]I had a power cut and the NAS (and all my electrical kit) had a sudden power down. Subsequent parity checks on the NAS found no fault.

[*]I updated the Plex docker on my unRAID box - I use Plex for other streaming devices in the house, but not normally for the WDTV Live

Through a process of elimination I have been able to identify that the WDTV Live hardware is not at fault - it will serve the same files just fine using Plex from the NAS and from local attached drives, it just won't serve them using SMB. I've also done a factory reset of the WDTV Live box so I'm pretty sure it's not a WDTV Live software issue. I can access the unRAID box from elsewhere on the network fine using SMB and Plex and all files play fine on other devices.

I'm fairly sure this isn't an unRAID issue but just in case, can anyone offer any suggestions?

Running unRAID 6.1.6, and only the Plex Docker updated to the latest version.

Thanks, I tried a clean reboot of the unRAID box already and that didn't help.

It's not transcoding the files, the WDTV Live just plays the files straight off normally - they are most mp4 and mkv.

After I posted this yesterday I tried to play using Plex and I had the same problem that I'd previously had without - e.g. it just stopped after about 20 seconds and booted me back to the library. So I'm wondering if there could be any relation to the update to the Plex Docker after all.

Is there any way to roll back a Docker update so I can test if that makes any difference?