[SOLVED] failed upgrade to 6.1.6 - array not runnig

daan_SVK

hello,

I have just attempted to update to 6.1.6 from 6.1.4 via the plugin upgrade page as usual. The package was downloaded and installed successfully, after I rebooted the server as prompted, it never came back again.

I can dial into the server via telnet but the shares nor the homepage is available.

I ran a parity check 2 days ago and it came out clear. The server has been very reliable otherwise.

I wanted to ask on the best approach before I attempt to do anything myself. the log is attached

thanks in advance

tower.txt

so I guess you're right :(. The USB drive does show up under Win10 but doesn't open, I can run chkdsk on it and is says the errors were corrected, but the drive still doesn't open properly.

- do I have any other option how to attempt to repair the USB drive?

- How would the USB drive become corrupted in the first place? If I'm going to start from scratch I'd like to avoid this in the future.... should I get a new USB drive just to be sure?

- I suppose the data on the drives is still intact, what's my best option to recover the array without risking the data with a fresh config?

thanks again for the replies,

I was finally able to use chkdsk to repair the drive. It turned out it was a bad sector that corrupted the drive so I needed to use the proper switch for the check disk command to repair bad sectors.

again, I'm just kinda worried that this will happen again

I was finally able to use chkdsk to repair the drive. It turned out it was a bad sector that corrupted the drive so I needed to use the proper switch for the check disk command to repair bad sectors.

So stop the array, and backup all of the files on the flash drive.  You can then start the array again.

Now, buy a new NAME BRAND Flash drive of at least 8GB.  Copy the files that you back up from the original Flash drive to it. run the make_bootable.bat file as Administrator.    Shut the server down and reboot with the new Flash drive.  Now follow these instructions:

http://lime-technology.com/replace-key/

So stop the array, and backup all of the files on the flash drive.  You can then start the array again.

Now, buy a new NAME BRAND Flash drive of at least 8GB.  Copy the files that you back up from the original Flash drive to it. run the make_bootable.bat file as Administrator.    Shut the server down and reboot with the new Flash drive.  Now follow these instructions:

thanks,

this actually is a 32GB SONY Micro Vault, only about a year old too. I'm using internal 9 pin to USB header adapter that feels a bit loose, I wonder if that might be the cause of the corruption.

http://www.amazon.ca/Motherboard-Double-Female-Internal-Adapter/dp/B019DY03AA/ref=sr_1_22?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1451498558&sr=1-22&keywords=female+usb+to+9+PIN+adapter

thanks,

this actually is a 32GB SONY Micro Vault, only about a year old too. I'm using internal 9 pin to USB header adapter that feels a bit loose, I wonder if that might be the cause of the corruption.

Is it the 9 pin connector that goes on the MB that feels 'a bit loose'?  It seems to me that the 9 UBS connectors that I have pushed on MB headers always had a solid feel and required a moderate amount of force when installing.  There was definitely NOT a loose feel to them!  You could try the flash drive on MB back-of-the-case header and see it you have a issue going forward. 

In any case, I would get that backup made NOW even if you think the header might be the issue.  Backups are cheap...