When is 6.2 coming out?

Y2k1

Hello, I am new to this forum and unraid in general. And was wondering when 6.2 will be available

Thanks!

I will be very pleasantly surprised if it is out of public beta by summer, considering it has not even been released to public beta yet.

Limetech says it will be in public beta "soon", but they don't give dates, and it's been "soon" for a month.

There are a lot of hinted goodies added in 6.2, so I doubt the beta process will be super short.

Hello, I am new to this forum and unraid in general. And was wondering when 6.2 will be available

Thanks!

I will be very pleasantly surprised if it is out of public beta by summer, considering it has not even been released to public beta yet.

Limetech says it will be in public beta "soon", but they don't give dates, and it's been "soon" for a month.

There are a lot of hinted goodies added in 6.2, so I doubt the beta process will be super short.

I wish lime tech was a bit more transparent about planned release dates and features.

Thanks!

I wish lime tech was a bit more transparent about planned release dates and features.

The planned date is "when it's ready". Features, well, dual parity is the announced feature, and there are plenty of updates and other little goodies that have been hinted at. I don't think limetech is a big enough company to have the kind of dates and deadlines that you are wanting.

I meant more of hey dual parity is coming/planned this summer or next year.

Simply saying "when it's ready" is very ambiguous.

I'm already at 12drives + 2cache and soon I won't be able to add more hdds to my array(apparently 6.2 array limit is lifted)

So I'm hoping 6.2 will come soon. Otherwise I'm screwed :)

I'm already at 12drives + 2cache and soon I won't be able to add more hdds to my array(apparently 6.2 array limit is lifted)

?? 6.1 allows 25 devices. Why are you screwed if you only have 14 right now?

?? 6.1 allows 25 devices. Why are you screwed if you only have 14 right now?

I guess I was wrong,  anyway I have a 24 bay Box which I intend to fill. All my cache drive are internal.

I want to allocate all bays to the array. Which leaves me with 21 available instead of 24 at the moment.

25 - 1 - 2(cache) - 1 potential second parity.

I guess for now I can fill it to 21 drives for  now.

Also with this many drives it is better to have second parity drive.

Dual parity means all disks have to spin to write to the array and it adds the ability to correct for 2 failed disks or figure out which disk has a parity sync error and fix it.

This is incorrect.  We thought we may have to require all disks spinning with dual parity, but that isn't the case.

Dual parity means all disks have to spin to write to the array and it adds the ability to correct for 2 failed disks or figure out which disk has a parity sync error and fix it.

This is incorrect.  We thought we may have to require all disks spinning with dual parity, but that isn't the case.

Well that's cool, and makes we want Dual Parity even more.

Keep up the good work!

This is really cool!

Please keep us in the loop :)

What is the speed penalty with Dual Parity?

You haven't been here long have you....  ;D

SoonTM

Sigh... I have been getting ideas by reading lot's of posts... but yes I haven't been here long :)

I did get a reply from johnp two months ago about getting a beta version, I am still waiting, for it.

I do understand that development takes time (I am a dev myself).

I was just really hoping for some sort of idea as to when we can possibly get  next version/ what will be in it etc....

If someone said "hey this and this is not stable, we still need to get this done before we can release such and such" that would be understandable.

I really like how syncthing people do it, they have a public roadmap, with list of features outlined with current statuses, and people can see what is left to do.

You haven't been here long have you....  ;D

SoonTM

Sigh... I have been getting ideas by reading lot's of posts... but yes I haven't been here long :)

I did get a reply from johnp two months ago about getting a beta version, I am still waiting, for it.

I do understand that development takes time (I am a dev myself).

I was just really hoping for some sort of idea as to when we can possibly get  next version/ what will be in it etc....

If someone said "hey this and this is not stable, we still need to get this done before we can release such and such" that would be understandable.

I really like how syncthing people do it, they have a public roadmap, with list of features outlined with current statuses, and people can see what is left to do.

LimeTech had a public roadmap with list of features outlined and what tentative releases they will be in around here somewhere. However, it certainly wasn't accurate as it had the first 6.0 release targeting 1 year before it actually hit. Since then, they have opted to put the roapmap into the forums, where such things seem to have been forgotten or not maintained at all.

Insert well exposed rant about how forums is the absolutely wrong way to go about managing feature sets, issue tracking, and roadmaps here.

To give LimeTech credit, they do have a very solid and compelling product and are very helpful and friendly towards the community.

What is the speed penalty with Dual Parity?

I haven't really noticed anything substantial yet, but it'll be interesting to hear feedback from a wider audience of testers.

@jonp

Let me preface this by saying I have been a very happy/paid user of unraid for the past 3 months.

And I do understand that there are no guarantees to deadlines and anything can happen during development.

Are you able to comment as to if there is a chance 6.2 will be released in the next:

1. 3 months

2. 6 months

3. 1 year

Are there many substantial issues you are facing bugs etc..?

Can we help with testing/feedback etc?

And in other news, local idiot was arrested today for running around the streets nude streaming "I wanna play with then new unRAID beta..." <-- don't worry that definitely won't be me you see on the news tonight!

Lol

I've been just sneakily (without wife knowing) upgrading my unraid to the teeth mostly with ram and hdds :S hoping 6.2 winter is coming...

@jonp

Let me preface this by saying I have been a very happy/paid user of unraid for the past 3 months.

And I do understand that there are no guarantees to deadlines and anything can happen during development.

Are you able to comment as to if there is a chance 6.2 will be released in the next:

1. 3 months

2. 6 months

3. 1 year

Are there many substantial issues you are facing bugs etc..?

Can we help with testing/feedback etc?

They aren't going to sign up for anything...

I don't really like that about Lime-Tech but I also get it.

And in other news, local idiot was arrested today for running around the streets nude streaming "I wanna play with then new unRAID beta..." <-- don't worry that definitely won't be me you see on the news tonight!

Lol

I've been just sneakily (without wife knowing) upgrading my unraid to the teeth mostly with ram and hdds :S hoping 6.2 winter is coming...

winter-is-coming-jpeg-492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg