Docker Plex access remote windows shares

So im testing out unRaid and really enjoying it. My main server is Windows Server were all my media is stored and im going keep this while build this new unraid server. But i have PMS on unRaid. HOW can i access my windows shares on PMS. I have tried mounting cifs share to my windows server and then on docker map the locations, but PMS still doesnt see it. I guess i need to mount the windows share within PMS.

So im testing out unRaid and really enjoying it. My main server is Windows Server were all my media is stored and im going keep this while build this new unraid server. But i have PMS on unRaid. HOW can i access my windows shares on PMS. I have tried mounting cifs share to my windows server and then on docker map the locations, but PMS still doesnt see it. I guess i need to mount the windows share within PMS.

You may have to restart the docker service to have it able to reach SMB shares.  (You *can* use unassigned devices to mount the shares, but I've found that if docker starts up before UD has mounted the shares then they are unavailable -> hence why I've manually entered in the mount command in the "go" file before emhttp loads -> never a problem that way)

You may have to restart the docker service to have it able to reach SMB shares.  (You *can* use unassigned devices to mount the shares, but I've found that if docker starts up before UD has mounted the shares then they are unavailable -> hence why I've manually entered in the mount command in the "go" file before emhttp loads -> never a problem that way)

more info on editing the go file?

• 9 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I am trying to do the same thing but not having any joy?

I have run the unnassiged devices plugin and chose browse workgroup & selected my server, entered my username and password for the windows server (tried all 3) but when I click load shares nothing comes up?  I can access the Windows shares from other PC's so I know that side of things is working...

s!AjnJhtmhYMJlg-Q0eiosMgq3EMVKGQ

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjnJhtmhYMJlg-Q0eiosMgq3EMVKGQ

Also what are the mount commands I should be using in the go file?

Many Thanks in Advance!

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I am trying to do the same thing but not having any joy?

I have run the unnassiged devices plugin and chose browse workgroup & selected my server, entered my username and password for the windows server (tried all 3) but when I click load shares nothing comes up?  I can access the Windows shares from other PC's so I know that side of things is working...

s!AjnJhtmhYMJlg-Q0eiosMgq3EMVKGQ

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjnJhtmhYMJlg-Q0eiosMgq3EMVKGQ

Also what are the mount commands I should be using in the go file?

Many Thanks in Advance!

Did you tell Windows to actually Share the Folder (with those users)?  But, here's the command lines to do the same thing.  But if Windows isn't set to share the folder, it'll fail also.

mkdir -p /mnt/disks/GitHub
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.2/GitHub /mnt/disks/GitHub -o username=xxxxx,password=xxxxx,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777

hmmmm

Had this problem last time I attempted this :-(

root@UNRAIDSERVER:/mnt/disks/gen8drivepool# mount -t cifs //192.168.0.8/gen8drivepool /mnt/disks/gen8drivepool -o username=unraid,password=password,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777

mount error(121): Remote I/O error

Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

I have shared the windows drive to the user unraid and the password as password

hmmmm

Had this problem last time I attempted this :-(

root@UNRAIDSERVER:/mnt/disks/gen8drivepool# mount -t cifs //192.168.0.8/gen8drivepool /mnt/disks/gen8drivepool -o username=unraid,password=password,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777

mount error(121): Remote I/O error

Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

I have shared the windows drive to the user unraid and the password as password

No idea... Might want to google the mount man page