Dynamix File Integrity plugin

bonienl

In summary, it appears if your CPU supports it, BLAKE2 would be be the best option most recommend?  Also there was some mention of using CORZ to verify the hashes produced... did anyone ever figure out if the BLAKE2 outputs were similar, or if they still use different variants (s)?

I can answer this one, only MD5 checksums made by this plugin than can be verified by CORZ.

In summary, it appears if your CPU supports it, BLAKE2 would be be the best option most recommend?  Also there was some mention of using CORZ to verify the hashes produced... did anyone ever figure out if the BLAKE2 outputs were similar, or if they still use different variants (s)?

I can answer this one, only MD5 checksums made by this plugin than can be verified by CORZ.

Have you been able to try to BLAKE2 and it failed?

Would it be possible to add notifications like how parity checks work ie ("FIP has started checking the integrity of your files" and "FIP has finished checking all disks and has found XX file modifications and XX file corruptions")?

Thought I would bring this back up because I'm sure at the time you were very busy with the 6.2 release. I would also like to add the my monthly bunker cron did not start this month. Do you have any idea why it wouldn't start? also, It would be nice to be notified each month that bunker has started checking files just for peace of mind.

Is there any obvious reason why scheduled integrity checking stopped working for me? I'm running the latest version, but this problem has existed for the past couple of versions. I wish I knew exactly when it stopped working, but I don't remember.

My schedule is set to run weekly on Monday at 19:00. As far as I can tell, a scan is never even attempted. There are no entries for bunker in the syslog, good nor bad.

An update on this, and for anyone having a similar issue: The scheduled scan is indeed running, just very quiet about it. I happened to be in the basement on Monday evening and noticed my disk access lights flashing (unusual, single user server). Then I remembered what day and time it was. I opened a telnet terminal to check top and sure enough, the bunker script was busy running.

There was nothing in the syslog about the scan starting, and nothing on the GUI to indicate a scan was running. This box did have a red translucent box over it while the scan was running. Is that the indication a scheduled scan is running?

wfhIMLr.png

There was nothing in the syslog about the scan starting, and nothing on the GUI to indicate a scan was running. This box did have a red translucent box over it while the scan was running. Is that the indication a scheduled scan is running?

Interesting, I am 99% sure mine didn't run. I ran it the next day (from when it is suppose to run) and it found a good amount of files that were corrupt. I am assuming that if it ran it should have given me the same file corruption report.

Would it be possible to add notifications like how parity checks work ie ("FIP has started checking the integrity of your files" and "FIP has finished checking all disks and has found XX file modifications and XX file corruptions")?

Sorry I missed this request earlier. Currently when notifications are enabled in the settings of file integrity, it will only produce a message when something unusual is found, in other words: checks without any corruptions (normal condition) are not reported. I can add a log entry + notification telling the start/stop times.

Sorry I missed this request earlier. Currently when notifications are enabled in the settings of file integrity, it will only produce a message when something unusual is found, in other words: checks without any corruptions (normal condition) are not reported. I can add a log entry + notification telling the start/stop times.

No worries, I am sure it is hard to keep up with all your forums. Thank you for taking a look at the notifications.

Please do.  It was supposed to run last night and as far as I can tell it didn't run but there is nothing in the log to indicate anything either way.

New version 2016.03.17 is available with improvements and fixes. Users of the Dynamix File Integrity plugin are encouraged to upgrade to this version.

Use the plugin manager to upgrade and see more details about the changes. After updating it is imperative to re-apply the settings.

I updated to the 2016.03.17 version yesterday and received this alert today. "Disk s"?

1. Received the same message last night. Shouldn't FIP automatically update the export file?

2. I scheduled an integrity check for last night and I didn't get any notifications that it ran. So either notifications are not working (which probably isn't the case because I am getting other notifications from FIP) or the cron job isn't running as scheduled. Is there anything from my config files that might help figure out why the check isn't running?

I updated to the 2016.03.17 version yesterday and received this alert today. "Disk s"?

Sounds like it is picking up the Unassigned Devices mount point which is named "disks" and then parsing it like it was one of the disk#.

Trurl, excellent thinking :)

The plugin uses the statement

/mnt/disk*

which will include all numbered disks, but also anything else starting with

disk

. I'll make a correction.

Ps. I am not running the Unassigned Devices plugin, hence didn't spot the issue.

Thanks all, that was quick!

Shouldn't FIP automatically update the export file?

I believe it should if you have "Save new hashing results to flash" enabled. I don't.

My reading of that option was that it wrote a new file including date in the name with the changes in it, not that it appended to the existing file.  Could be wrong about that though.

New version 2016.03.18 2016.03.18a is available, which fixes the issue of data disk selection when the Unassigned Devices plugin is installed. Users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.

Please re-apply settings to make the changes effective.

Thanks for the quick update! I set my integrity check for tomorrow morning at 0:05 AM so I'll report back on if the check ran as scheduled.

Latest verison of the plugin and 62b19 of unRAID and am getting the following spamed to the local console

Myk

Some stray characters in bunker are causing this (regression error). I have made a correction and version 2016.03.19 is available.

Please re-apply settings to make changes effective.

Thanks.