Dynamix File Integrity plugin

bonienl

10 hours ago, dbinott said:

So this is weird. I installed this plugin a couple days ago. I built disk 1 one day, disk 2 and 3 yesterday. When I came to look at status it shows all 7 disks have been built. What can I look at to verify whether this is the case or not?

image.png.c912f9e40d093b52c4a8dcb40b44ec65.png

You need select all disk and perform export, hash check were base on the exported file.

16 hours ago, Benson said:

You need select all disk and perform export, hash check were base on the exported file.

I can't export until they are all built though. Anyway, I have built and exported all now.

Looked at it today and I see an orange circle on disk 1 build. I thought I remember seeing a legend somewhere, but I can't find it. What does the orange circle mean?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone a few weeks back I installed this Dynamix File Integrity plugin and have been really enjoying it on my Unraid Build V6.7.2 but a few days ago i thought i would upgrade to V6.8.0 that is when i noticed that when i try to set the time for it to start the scan and it does not turn on and scan at that time that i set it to when using the "File Integrity Settings" page it does not seem to work not sure why, i thought i must be doing something wrong so i tried many times but it doesn't seem to work for some reason so i though maybe it was the unraid build V6.8.0 so i down graded it back to V6.7.2 and it all works just fine again so then i upgraded it again to V6.8.0 and it does not work again, anyways i'm sure someone has reported this already but in case not i thought i would write this and let everyone know.  p.s i have a question when running this Dynamix file integrity plugin when it gets done say that it finds corrupt files how would i be able to know witch files went bad so i can fix them thank you?  "I want to say thanks to everyone that has made Unraid and all the wonderful plugins for it! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! 🎄🎁 JP   

Ok Thank you for your reply is there a way i could read more about this i'm kinda new to this forms stuff and not very good at it :) is there some program that i can use to double check my files to make sure they don't have file corruptions like when it would finish it had a SHA2 hash file and i would download it and then make it a .txt extention so i could read it but its just a bunch of files with hash's i need a way to know witch file to check to find what one to fix if it is corrupt i hope this makes sense Thanks for the help :)   

Frankly, I would be more inclined to believe you have exactly zero corrupt files, and are simply one of a few of us that are reporting that the plugin doesn't seem to behave properly for.  Files don't usually go corrupt on people when simply sitting on a hard drive.  The hard drive's electronics work with algorithms designed to detect whether or not a read was successful.  They can detect when a read was faulty and the data was corrupt.  If you are not seeing the drive reporting that there have been read errors, I would not worry about whether or not your data is corrupt.  It likely isn't if no read errors are being reported.  For whatever reason, the plugin doesn't seem to be behaving properly for everyone that has tried it.  Some of us, perhaps a very small minority, have seen reports of corruption from the plugin, but we also have other hashes from other hashing tools on hand that say the files haven't actually changed.  The plugin is saying they have changed, but since the other hashing tools are still reporting the original hashes for those files, it stands to reason that the files have not changed and that something is behaving incorrectly with the plugin.  If the other hash tools were giving different results then we might suspect actual file corruption.  But with other hash tools still agreeing with previously established hashes, that narrows it down to the plugin being the only one misbehaving.

If you're not getting read errors reported from the hard drive, I wouldn't worry about it, and I'd simply uninstall the plugin.  It would be nice to have an automated hashing system in place, but if it doesn't seem to be working properly it isn't of much use.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 7:29 PM, JP s said:

Hello everyone a few weeks back I installed this Dynamix File Integrity plugin and have been really enjoying it on my Unraid Build V6.7.2 but a few days ago i thought i would upgrade to V6.8.0 that is when i noticed that when i try to set the time for it to start the scan and it does not turn on and scan at that time that i set it to when using the "File Integrity Settings" page it does not seem to work not sure why, i thought i must be doing something wrong so i tried many times but it doesn't seem to work for some reason so i though maybe it was the unraid build V6.8.0 so i down graded it back to V6.7.2 and it all works just fine again so then i upgraded it again to V6.8.0 and it does not work again, anyways i'm sure someone has reported this already but in case not i thought i would write this and let everyone know.  p.s i have a question when running this Dynamix file integrity plugin when it gets done say that it finds corrupt files how would i be able to know witch files went bad so i can fix them thank you?  "I want to say thanks to everyone that has made Unraid and all the wonderful plugins for it! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! 🎄🎁 JP   

Unless it has been fixed recently (I'm away at the moment and can't check) this is still a problem: 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, superloopy1 said:

Hi,  what does bunker: failed to export  with the corresponding xx files skipped messages signify?

I've built/rebuilt/lexported and reexported and still get the same files flagged in the syslog ...

It means these files do not have their hash key set. You need to do a "build" action to add missing keys.

Thanks but I mentioned that i had already done that a number of times, including re-exporting following each build to check against. Seems the hashing won't stick with the files? I'm guessing i just relocate the offending files and see if they present problems on a different disk?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by superloopy1
7 hours ago, JP s said:

not sure why ?

As I said, on the previous page,

Likely a consequence of the permissions change on the boot flash device [that was introduced with Unraid 6.8] that now prevents scripts from being executed directly from the flash?

which was confirmed by the author of the plugin.

• Like 1
Thanks but I mentioned that i had already done that a number of times, including re-exporting following each build to check against. Seems the hashing won't stick with the files? I'm guessing i just relocate the offending files and see if they present problems on a different disk?

I did move the offending files to another disk and, sure enough, the problem persists. So just what's wrong?

2 hours ago, superloopy1 said:

I did move the offending files to another disk and, sure enough, the problem persists. So just what's wrong?

What are the "offending files"? Are they mostly static or are they temporary or updated regularly? The plugin works well for files than seldom change. Temporary files and those that change over time are best excluded.