Windows 10 Physical/VMDK to UnRaid 6

I'm looking to virtualize my main machine better than I currently have, but with GPU Passthrough being vitally important I've been recommended to try UnRaid 6. Which I'm going to try with the trial before dishing out for a pro license.

A few questions, if you don't mind.

1)

I know there many issues with Windows 10 at the moment, so I was wondering if one of these 2 methods would work better:

I have Windows 10 Pro on a physical machine. I could use the method outlined here : http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Manual_6#Physical_to_Virtual_Machine_Conversion_Process to do this, would this avoid all the headaches people have had with Installing/Upgrading?

That same PC has been converted to a VMWare VMDK already and loads fine. Could I use this instead perhaps?

On that note, I know the VirtIO drivers are required, so before I start the UnRaid setup process... would I be able to prep the Windows 10 Pro installation in advance with the drivers from this part of the process: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Manual_6#Step_5:_Install_the_VirtIO_drivers_from_inside_the_VM_.28Windows_Guests_Only.29 Or can this be performed ONLY within the VM once it's running on UnRaid?

2)

The trial is 3 devices, I assume that is HDD/SSD's... Do I need to unplug the one's I don't want to use for my test? Or can I pick which HDD/SSD's to use in UnRaid and add my other drives after I get a license.

Pretty much, once I get Windows 10 Pro working on it, with GPU Passthrough working too I'll be getting a Pro License and converting the full 8TB of the machine over to UnRaid.

3)

Which leads nicely to my 3rd and final question. Any good suggestions for converting existing HDD's over short of mirroring to a backup system and then restoring the data. (I probably need to get a 10TB backup solution for this method).

Sorry if these have been answered already, still searching the forums and reading up. I had considered ESXi but it's GPU Passthrough was so poor I gave up, so huge newbie when it comes to UnRaid.

Thanks