Old PCIE SSD seen as 4 disks

Inenting

Hello All,

So I wanted to test unraid before I bought it but I came across a problem that just made me unable to test unraid. Since there is a limit of 3 devices attached I thought I could get away with just testing with only the pcie ssd but unraid sees it as 4 disks each 60GB (the ssd is advertised as 240GB) so there is no way for me to test it. Now that is not really a problem because I can just test with a different disk but the problem is the licensing.

I was planning on buying the Plus license with 12 device limit but the setup im planning is 10 normal disks and 1 pcie ssd but as the pcie ssd is seen as 4 disks it will be going over that limit which forces me to buy the PRO license if I want to use the PCIE SSD. Is there anything I can do about this?

My second question: If I make the PCIE SSD (with 4x 60GB) and a normal SSD 240GB cache drives would it be a bad idea? Is it better to just have 1 normal 240gb ssd?

EDIT: The PCIE SSD: OCZ-REVODRIVE3 X2 240GB

Is there something I can do to make it look like 1 drive?

I think that you’d have to ask LT to include the driver in the kernel, if there is a driver.

If not is it safe to use the 4 x 60GB in my cache?

Should work fine, just like a 4 disk cache pool, obviously it will count as 4 devices.

All right thank you for your help!

I got a different question now tho:

Do you have to install a VM on a cache pool or can I install it on a dedicated (for example a SSD) drive?

Cause I have 3 different SSD's now:

1 PCIE SSD 240GB (800/200 MB R/W)

1 SATA Crucial mx100 240GB (500/300)

1 SATA Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (550/500)

If I install it on a cache pool of those 3 drives will the performance just be of the slowest drive? (500/200 essentially)

Sorry for all these questions but i'm new to this and I don't have all my parts yet (no delivery on new year and stuff) so I can't really test it fully yet

EDIT: Also will a VM take the space it has or the space you assigned?