Accessing shares on two separate servers through Emby Docker

fonzie

I have two servers each with a "Shows" share.  My main unRAID server is running emby through the dockers.  I can add the Shows share that is running on that server easily due to the docker remaping.  The only issue I am having is being able to add the Shows share from my second unRAID machine to the emby library on myk primary rig.  How is this accomplished?  I'm not an expert with command line...so if that is necessary for permissions or something please simplify it for me. hehe

thanks

I think you are going to need to mount the "Shows" share from the second unRAID machine to the first unRAID (assuming this is the share running emby) first, then you should be able to pass that along as a path to EMBY.

I think you can mount an SMB share with the unassigned devices plugin. You might also be able to use NFS or something... not exactly sure how to do this, or if it can even work that way.

IMO I'd be worried about the networking causing a bottleneck, but it might work.

You can mount shares on another computer. The Unassigned Devices plugin makes this easy. Unfortunately anything mounted after the docker service starts will not be seen by the dockers, so you would have to stop the docker service and restart it. I think there are some people doing the mount in go before anything else starts, but I haven't tried it. Maybe they will chime in, or you can do a search. I'm pretty sure I saw this mentioned this week in a similar thread topic.