New to unRAID - new proposed build w gaming MB

Hi, new to the forums and new to unRAID. I plan to use my tax refund to build a new unRAID.

I have no system-building experience. I don't know how to config, let alone troubleshoot. I don't have random spare parts if the system I order is missing anything. I have a possible system:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fXvkxr

CPU

Intel Xeon E5-1630 V3 3.7GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor

CPU Cooler

Noctua NH-U9DXi4 37.8 CFM CPU Cooler

Thermal Compound

Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 12g Thermal Paste

Motherboard

ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard

Memory

Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) Registered DDR4-2133 Memory

Storage

Hitachi MegaScale DC 4000.B 4TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card

Zotac GeForce GT 730 4GB Video Card

Case

Nanoxia NXDS5W ATX Full Tower Case

Power Supply

SeaSonic S12G 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

I am trying to solve the following problems:

- current Lacie 5Big NAS is full (6 TB).

- cannot access many videos on the NAS with my 3rd gen AppleTV (wrong format, WiFi video streaming unsupported from iTunes).

- current NAS drives (5x Seagate 1.5 TB 7200.11) may fail early, per Hard Drive Failure: https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-reliability-q3-2015/.

- current PC is a 2007 Mac, needs replacing soon.

- my AppleTV and LaCie NAS disappear from my Mac network when the Mac PIA VPN client is running.

I want to achieve the following:

- provide expandable NAS

- stream video, audio, ebooks to iOS, AppleTV, LG 4K TV

- download torrents through PIA VPN

- Look into VMs (priorities 1. Mac, 2. Steam, 3. Win)

- support home services: automation and security

Questions:

- Neither the MB nor the CPU has a built-in GPU. I've added a video card, but is the lack of a built-in card going to bite me? Will I have issues trying to use a PCI card to set up the system?

- Is it possible to run WAN connections through PIA's VPN on one enet port while the other enet port accesses my LAN?

- What little pieces will I need to purchase? Power and SATA cables? Screws and standoffs?

And any other advice anyone can provide will be taken to heart.

Thanks!

Are you hoping to stream content wirelessly? I am unsure of UnRaid's support for wireless network cards. Why are you choosing a Xeon CPU when for your needs a core i7 would do just fine? You will need to start with more then one drive for UnRaid which requires the largest to be used for parity, so if you have thee or four 4TB, any one can be used for parity, the others for data, or you can add other drives of smaller size such as 3TB or 2TB. You would certainly gain from choosing a mother board that has built in video as you can use that to manage UnRaid and the PCIe card for your future VM. Any case will come with standoffs to mount the motherboard, make sure you don't miss one or add one in the wrong place or you will have issues. Good luck.