Mover behavior with 'dotted' top-level directory

I created a directory on my cache disk ".temp_storage" because I use unRAID for temporary storage, such as backing up a system before doing work that could lose data.  I used the dotted directory name in order that the mover will not move the data.

This morning, I found 10 mover processes running, and the log filling up with "cannot move `./.temp_storage/foo' to `/mnt/user0/./.temp_storage/foo': No such file or directory"

Anyone have any better ideas for excluding a directory on the cache drive from being moved?

I use the cache in the same way and I don't like the dotted solution, since I use OS X these files are invisible in the Finder and its a bit of a hack to access them outside of the terminal. I would like to be able to exclude top level folders from the mover in a conf file for example.

I use the cache in the same way and I don't like the dotted solution, since I use OS X these files are invisible in the Finder and its a bit of a hack to access them outside of the terminal. I would like to be able to exclude top level folders from the mover in a conf file for example.

Take a look here for modifying the mover script so that you do not have to use a "." in front of the folder.  This way on OS X you will still be able to see it via Finder.