Unraid 6.1.6 + Plex .9.15.0.1621-344f193 media server doesn't show in my plex.

Guys!

EDIT: This issue is now RESOLVED. i had a routed network from the box i was using to access the local display, it was on a different subnet. this small caveat should be noted in the documentation, for those who may be installing this in an environment where you cant access the server, or subnet directly.

Thanks for your help! Server is now working correctly.

EDIT: I'm now using needos' DOCKER, and the same issue is here.

Unraid Migrator from FreeNAS here. much nicer in so many ways.  Having a problem with Phaze Plex Plugin ver 2015.11.16.2

I've installed plex, portmapped though my firewall port 32400 -> 32400 tcp/udp. I can access the server remotely. I'm a plex pass member and have logged into my plex pass account, as well as putting my plexpass username and password in under Settings -> plex -> Configuration.

When i launch plex from plex.tv i see my shared libraries, and when i log directly on to the plex server http://ip_addr:32400/web/index.html i only see my cloud sync, and shared libraries.

I've searched and searched and cannot find any info on this.

What do i need to do to resolve this problem?

Thanks so much!

Thanks for the response.

I'm using the plugin, since i thought it was the best way to do it.

So should i go back and do the docker-container way? I'm unfamiliar with how to do that, so i'll have to go read how to do that.

I read about that so i tried using incognito, and it still said server settings unavailable.

Do i need to restart the server after installing the plugin?

Thanks again for the help!

Okay, so after gshlomi's suggestion, i deleted the plugin, and have now installed the docker. it is running, and i can access the web interface.

However its doing the same thing! only my shared servers are showing, no local media or server available from the drop down menu. this happens across browsers, and across machines and devices. No local media server shows up in the dropdown menu.

i am using needos' docker and i am a plex pass member.

what could be wrong?

Thanks!

I can't understand the problem you're having.

You say you see the shared library in plex.tv OK, so what else are you expecting to see?  You say "no local media or server available from the drop down menu".  What menu?  Local media?  I don't understand what you're expecting.

I've been running Plex for a long time, and I don't know what those things are? 

Can you explain what you think you're missing, because what you're saying is making no sense? 

Thats the problem, the server doesn't exist! I cannot go to settings -> Servers, because the server is not showing up in the left pane, i cannot select it.

It''s not there, its not running, there is no server service, despite being running in the UNRAID gui, and i have a green play icon on the plex icon.

all plex is doing is connecting me to the cloud, and showing me my shared servers, thats the problem.  i don't understand how plex media server is running,

but its not running any server functionality! Totally strange.

i'm logging directly into my server as follows

http://<UNRAID-IP>:32400/web/index.html#

I Enter my plex username and password. then my shared libraries, and cloud sync show up. No other servers (including the local one that should be there!)

No! The server is not working! i can't see my server in the left pane (as shown in my pic) therefore, i cannot go into server settings, because i cant select the server in the left menu.

i can see the server tab in the settings, however, i cannot edit server settings for the cloud, or for my shared libraries.

I'm using the latest needo docker, from the template repository, and it shows up to date in the docker dashboard.

do i have to be on the same subnet for first time access?

I'm headed up to the datacenter where this server is located, i'm going to directly plug into it and see if it will work that way. ugh what a nightmare :)

thank you very much for your help so far. i really do appreciate the time you guys have taken to help me out!