[Plugin] unbalanced

I'm trying to use the plugin for the first time, compared to the docker. Instead of getting the Drives display, I can only access the below settings info. I get the same display -- shares only, no disks -- whether on Home or Settings menu. What am I missing?

2akmyxk.jpg

I'm trying to use the plugin for the first time, compared to the docker. Instead of getting the Drives display, I can only access the below settings info. I get the same display -- shares only, no disks -- whether on Home or Settings menu. What am I missing?

Hi newoski,

You need to select which shares/folders you want to move.

Move your mouse over the unRAID Shares Explorer at the bottom, it will display the red add button next to a folder.

Choose the ones you want, then you should be good to go.

Hi newoski,

Move your mouse over the unRAID Shares Explorer at the bottom, it will display the red add button next to a folder.

Right, that makes sense, but it's only showing Shares. It's not showing individual Disks. My goal is to move all the contents from Disk# to the rest of the Array

Hi newoski,

Right, that makes sense, but it's only showing Shares. It's not showing individual Disks. My goal is to move all the contents from Disk# to the rest of the Array

Choose the shares as said, then the Home tab will work at the top for disk selection. That's how mine worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi newoski,

Choose the shares as said, then the Home tab will work at the top for disk selection. That's how mine worked.

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Regarding the permissions warning, this is what I'm planning to do (mostly based on gfjardim's suggestion)

if the file uid == user uid -> is perm "u" != 6 ? -> if it is, raise a flag

else if the file gid == user gid _> is perm "g" != 6 ? -> if it is, raise a flag

else is perm "o" != 6 ? -> if it is, raise a flag

Squid, what are the permissions set by Fix Common Problems / Docker Safe New Permissions ?

At the end of the day, I should check that the files/folders have the same permissions as those set by that plugin :)

Thanks for the comments Sean M !

I've made some progress on the next version, which should include a warning when there are permission issues, during the calculation phase.

Based on Squid's comment, the suggestion will be to install Fix Common Problems plugin and run Docker Safe New Permissions.

Can someone elaborate on the docker safe new permissions. I understand it's purpose, I need info on getting my server to utilize it. Is it a script file replacement or a checkbox/drop down option? I've been poking around and having trouble finding some info. Or a link to a thread about it would be great.

Thanks.

I've made some progress on the next version, which should include a warning when there are permission issues, during the calculation phase.

Based on Squid's comment, the suggestion will be to install Fix Common Problems plugin and run Docker Safe New Permissions.

Can someone elaborate on the docker safe new permissions. I understand it's purpose, I need info on getting my server to utilize it. Is it a script file replacement or a checkbox/drop down option? I've been poking around and having trouble finding some info. Or a link to a thread about it would be great.

Thanks.

If you have the fix permissions plugin installed, it should appear under Tools, in the main unRAID webui.

It explains what it does there :)

Thanks.

If you have the fix permissions plugin installed, it should appear under Tools, in the main unRAID webui.

In a nutshell it's the exact same script as the new perms but it won't touch your appdata (or CA appdata backup) share

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Actually, I think you mean Fix Common Problems plugin.

Regarding the permissions warning, this is what I'm planning to do (mostly based on gfjardim's suggestion)

if the file uid == user uid -> is perm "u" != 6 ? -> if it is, raise a flag

else if the file gid == user gid _> is perm "g" != 6 ? -> if it is, raise a flag

else is perm "o" != 6 ? -> if it is, raise a flag

Squid, what are the permissions set by Fix Common Problems / Docker Safe New Permissions ?

At the end of the day, I should check that the files/folders have the same permissions as those set by that plugin :)

The permissions set are exactly the same as what the standard new perms tool sets.  Full details are on the page for it (basically just a copy/paste from the standard newperms tool)

Thanks.

I'll put $1000 down that the keys icon was not there 2 days ago.

I hovered over every inch of the GUI.

May I suggest that you add an option to delete empty folders?

That would be an option to rsync right ?

I really don't know a lot of rsync commands, but googling "rsync delete empty folders" provided this as a solution:

rsync -av --ignore-existing --remove-source-files source/ destination/ && \

rsync -av --delete `mktemp -d`/ source/ && rmdir source/

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting an exit status 23 with nothing happening... i'm trying to move files from disk 3 to disk 12.

I've run the docker safe new permissions script...

This is the command: MOVE: Move command (rsync -avRX --partial "Console/Security Camera" "/mnt/disk12/") was interrupted: exit status 23

When I run the rsync manually, I realized I had to change the current dir to /mnt/disk3 but the rsync command actually worked...

not sure what the unbalance plugin error could be caused by

• jbrodriguez changed the title to [Plugin] unbalanced