[Plugin] unbalanced

image.thumb.png.5471e0b444d8a5722c4e2f54cb669b4e.png

**Please excuse the poor photo, was on remote session.

I apologize in advance if this a known issue. I can seem to download the plugin correctly for some reason. When I cancel this and try again, it will install successfully but the service/web ui won't start after enabling through settings.

Logs:

Invalid #command: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unbalance/scripts/start
Invalid #command: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unbalance/scripts/stop

1 hour ago, nuhll said:

U dont need to invent the wheel, there are plenty of programs where there is a possibiolty to select all of the selction. I want liek one checkbox which selects all checkboxes under it...? Thats nothing new? What you dont understand?

I have never heard of that behavior where multiple checkboxes at the same level are checked when you click the top one.    Are you sure you do not mean clicking a checkbox selects all sub-levels?    Do you have an example of a program that gives the behavior you describe?

I HAVE heard of clicking the top one and then SHIFT-Clicking a lower one to select both clicked items and all those in between.   Whether that is practical to implement in a browser I have no idea.

I dont care how you implement this, thats up to you. I just think its very useful. 

You could make it so that click without expanding only "means that directory" and expanding and "again clicking check all", or just make it default that it selects all when expand (maybe like this: https://medium.com/@tariqul.islam.rony/multiple-checkbox-handling-by-react-js-84b1d49a46c6 )

OR what about a extra field when expanding above the first direcorty like " [ ] check all" ?

Edited by nuhll
1 hour ago, Rendeaust said:

image.thumb.png.5471e0b444d8a5722c4e2f54cb669b4e.png

**Please excuse the poor photo, was on remote session.

I apologize in advance if this a known issue. I can seem to download the plugin correctly for some reason. When I cancel this and try again, it will install successfully but the service/web ui won't start after enabling through settings.

Logs:

Invalid #command: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unbalance/scripts/start
Invalid #command: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unbalance/scripts/stop

I had the same, had to remove, install and then it worked...  also dont abort the 20000000% thingy, it just takes long time.

Upgraded to Unraid Version: 6.8.0-rc4 and wanted to check if this was a compatibility issues or my settings.  I now click on the unbalance WEBGUI link and get an SSL cert error.  I do not have any ssl certs installed and access everything else on the server just fine. I also checked under Setting > Identification to change SSL from auto to possibly no but under Identification I don't have any options other than server name and description. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 11.00.31 AM.png

5 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

Just as a test, did you try setting SSL to no in settings and restart the unbalance plugin ? Does that work ?

Finally fixed it. Restarting just the plugin wasn't working, but if you set SSL to No under Settings > Management Access, then I restarted the server. Works now thanks all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I dont know if unBALANCE is supposed to be this slow but I can only get like 30 Mbp/s when scattering between 2 disks that are more than capable of doing 120-130 mbps during normal transfers. I am using Turbo Write too, I dont know much about Unraid so I am asking here. Is it supposed to be that slow?Capture.thumb.PNG.a995e36417de4dc9a79e2da2c9cb8324.PNG

4 hours ago, Amanhem said:

I can only get like 30 Mbp/s when scattering between 2 disks

Pretty normal. The parity disk has to be updated for every write, including metadata, so the poor parity drive is jumping back and forth between multiple areas, and each seek incurs rotational latency before it can start writing again. If you are willing to drop parity protection for the duration of the move you could increase speed by a bunch.

I am not sure if this was asked already, but I would like to suggest to be able to disable logging and history completely.

The idea is that when you have a fully encrypted array with your business and private documents (e.g. invoices, customer data like works, ...) then your metadata and files are safe on the encrypted array against theft or drive failure warranty processes, but when you use unbalance to spill or gather the mentioned data, the metadata of the files is written on the unprotected usb flash drive within the history and the log file, thus leaking business and personal data to an unencrypted area.

It would be much safer to be able to disable the log and history or hold it completely in memory until reboot but not write it towards the flash drive.

Currently, manual deletion is the only way to get rid of these traces.

Is there a technical reason unBALANCE can't see (or work with) unassigned devices?

I have a lot of "scratch" work I need to do on a good collection of files spread across multiple devices, but would prefer not to pound on the array until I'm done folding/spindling/mutilating the collection, and then move everything on to the array in one big shot.

Thanks.

• jbrodriguez changed the title to [Plugin] unbalanced