[Plugin] unbalanced

found a bug with the program  not sure if its a bug or a setting  its just happened to me of if it does  

i have 6 disks and had a music folder across them all..    and i used the unbalance to move  all the music  to 1 drive so all the drives arent spinning and parity  to play music...

but i noticed when i accessing the music files all the drives spun up.. and Fix Common issues didnt find an error.

for the share Music i say  Include Disk 6...  but i noticed in krusader.. all the Drives still had  "Music" folder    so it spins up the drive

so when its Moving the Files off all the Disks'   it isn't deleting  Folder Music  on the other 5 data drives  so i manually had to delete it.. not sure if there is a setting in unbalance to delete the folder  or that its a linux thing when you move doesnt delete the folder..  but just noticed it..

not sure if i did something wrong in the settings etc

Edited by comet424
9 hours ago, FlorinB said:

Would it be possible to update the plugin to support the Unraid 6.9 version with multiple cache pools?

Thank you.

Since the cache pools are nothing to do with ubBalance as it works on the array drives, what makes you think it needs an update for Unraid 6.9.0?

On 10/1/2020 at 7:59 AM, itimpi said:

Since the cache pools are nothing to do with ubBalance as it works on the array drives, what makes you think it needs an update for Unraid 6.9.0?

With multiple pools I am seeing this as multiple "cache" drives. Since the Mover is able to move the data from the pools to Array, it will be helfpul (at least for me) to use the unBalance as well for Scatter & Gather the data between Array and pools.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, cbr600ds2 said:

image.png.8e4e0463b5e8f5ac4deb6d3993d3e2e5.png

The green is the link.  when you switched it to yes did the apply button light up?  

After I clicked the DONE button, the page jumped to the SETTINGS page. And I re-opened the UNbalance, nothing happened, didn't see that green link..

2 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

Try running unbalance from the command line, to check for any error

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unbalance/unbalance -port 6237

Hate to be one of those guys, but noticed that mine wouldn't start either, so I've just run the above and got...

configuration variable provided but not defined: notifyCalc
Usage of /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unbalance/unbalance:
  -apiFolders="/var/local/emhttp": folders to look for api endpoints
  -checkForUpdate=1: checkForUpdate: 0 - dont' check; 1 (default) - check
  -config="/boot/config/plugins/unbalance/unbalance.conf": config location
  -dryRun=true: perform a dry-run rather than actual work
  -folders="": deprecated - do not use
  -logdir="/boot/logs": pathname where log file will be written to
  -notifyPlan=0: notify via email after plan operation has completed (unraid notifications must be set up first): 0 - No notifications; 1 - Simple notifications; 2 - Detailed notifications
  -notifyTransfer=0: notify via email after transfer operation has completed (unraid notifications must be set up first): 0 - No notifications; 1 - Simple notifications; 2 - Detailed notifications
  -port="6237": port to run the server
  -refreshRate=250: how often to refresh the ui while running a command (in milliseconds)
  -reservedAmount=512: Minimun Amount of space to reserve
  -reservedUnit="Mb": Reserved Amount unit: Mb, Gb or %
  -rsyncArgs="-X": custom rsync arguments
  -verbosity=0: include rsync output in log files: 0 (default) - include; 1 - do not include
2020/10/12 19:19:33 Unable to start the app: configuration variable provided but not defined: notifyCalc

1 hour ago, Cessquill said:

noticed that mine wouldn't start either, so I've just run the above and got...

This has to do with the configuration file /boot/config/plugins/unbalance/unbalance.conf

You can remove the notifyCalc line (or any other if you still get an error), or ... delete the config file altogether.

12 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

This has to do with the configuration file /boot/config/plugins/unbalance/unbalance.conf

You can remove the notifyCalc line (or any other if you still get an error), or ... delete the config file altogether.

Thank you!  renamed the file unbalance_old.conf and it started up fine.

On 10/9/2020 at 8:33 AM, FlorinB said:

With multiple pools I am seeing this as multiple "cache" drives. Since the Mover is able to move the data from the pools to Array, it will be helfpul (at least for me) to use the unBalance as well for Scatter & Gather the data between Array and pools.

I would like this one too. I need to move from one cache pool to another. I prefer to not use rsync if I could.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I have my Unraid running with 12 total data drives of varying sizes.  One of my drives recently started giving me a bunch of errors saying it cannot write to disk, and the smart tests don't look so great.  I can't replace the drive right now due to cost, but I have enough free space on the array to get rid of it.  

My question is: Can I pull the drive, let it run emulated and use unbalance to scatter the data to the rest of my array?  Then i would just reconfig without that drive.

thanks,

• jbrodriguez changed the title to [Plugin] unbalanced