[Plugin] unbalanced

14 hours ago, Seven7527 said:

stat: cannot statx '/mnt/disk1/Movies/Music': No such file or directory

14 hours ago, Seven7527 said:

:~# stat /mnt/disk1/Media/Music

right, those are 2 different folders, not sure why on the unbalanced ui, the selection comes as Movies/Music instead of Media/Music 🤷‍♂️

Hey there,

i used unbalanced for the first time here. i have a dead drive that is in my unraid server. there was about 2.5 tb of data on the failed drive and it was running in emulated mode. when i ran the unbalanced to scatter all the data, i selected the other 8 drives in my array as the destination and let it rip. it ran for about an hour than gave errors. when i looked at the data on the failed (emulated) drive its showing a pile of random folders nothing in regards to my data. than like a moron i rebooted my unraid box... i lost the log file for the unbalanced scatter, also the drive now just says unmountable:unsupported or no file system. there was quite a bit of important data on this drive. any chance i can fix this? i am no longer able to view contents of this device. when i look at the share its self it appears 4tb less space (would account for the missing drive now)

1 hour ago, Harlo said:

i have a dead drive that is in my unraid server.

How do you know it's dead? The majority of the time Unraid fails a drive is because of a cabling or power issue, dead drives are relatively rare. When a write fails, for whatever reason, Unraid disables access and emulates the data using all the rest of the drives.

See if you can get a SMART report on the "dead" drive, and see if it will mount in the Unassigned Devices plugin.

33 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

How do you know it's dead? The majority of the time Unraid fails a drive is because of a cabling or power issue, dead drives are relatively rare. When a write fails, for whatever reason, Unraid disables access and emulates the data using all the rest of the drives.

See if you can get a SMART report on the "dead" drive, and see if it will mount in the Unassigned Devices plugin.

no shes dead. i pulled it and its just ticking. not sure if its the head or the board. im hoping the board as once i move everything ill have spares and can swap boards hopefully get it back and recover the data. there is some very critical stuff that was on this that i really cant loose. 

im currently running a parity check - dont think that will do much but worth a shot. im not an expert in unraid at all. i was really excited to find this addon to move data quickly so i could shrink the array and pull this device from the array. but unfortunately now im just seeing what i posted above. 

2 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Do a filesystem check using the GUI, on the main tab click on the Disk #.

ok ill give that a try. im going to wait till the parity check has finished so some time tomorrow ill stop the array and try the check. with that work though being there is no real drive there?

8 hours ago, Harlo said:

there is no real drive there?

You are checking the emulated drive.

Instead of polluting the plugin support thread, please start a new thread in the general area, include your diagnostics and a link back to your post here so anyone wishing to help can see what's happened so far.

Does the new "unbalanced" plugin still require that all VMs and Dockers be stopped? This used to be a warning of the old unbalance/depreceted plugin, but I do not see it with the new plugin. 

Just checking if perhaps this is an overisght in how the new plugin works, or whether its a nice little convenience feture that I no longer need to stop dockers :)