[Plugin] unbalanced

1 hour ago, sota said:

Is there a technical reason unBALANCE can't see (or work with) unassigned devices?

I have a lot of "scratch" work I need to do on a good collection of files spread across multiple devices, but would prefer not to pound on the array until I'm done folding/spindling/mutilating the collection, and then move everything on to the array in one big shot.

Thanks.

I think it can work with UD, haven't  really thought about it, I think it will come down to how they're mounted .... as a first level estimate, I think it would take a lot of work in terms of touching some of the core functionality ... I'll give it a look when I work on it.

Hi there

1st time using this plugin and I'm frankly not sure if it's working.

I've ran the fix permissions plugin and as per the screenshot as I'm trying to move data from disk 3 to disk 2 but when I click plan, the highlighted icon in the top right just animates and nothing else. Move and Copy have 'no entry' signs on mouseover. I've left it for 30 minutes and nothing else happens. Am I doing something wrong?

Oh and all dockers are stopped, Mover had its schedule changed to 1st of the month. No VM's. No parity checking.

Unbalancewoes.PNG

Edited by Thebadmf
clarification

Yes, it's doing absolutely nothing ...

So two ideas

- Can you try on another browser ?

- Try opening the developer tools to check for any errors on the javascript console.

The log is pretty much empty, it's very odd that it got to the point of showing the progress widget, yet nothing was written to the log.

7 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

Yes, it's doing absolutely nothing ...

So two ideas

- Can you try on another browser ?

- Try opening the developer tools to check for any errors on the javascript console.

The log is pretty much empty, it's very odd that it got to the point of showing the progress widget, yet nothing was written to the log.

Uh. never had any issues with unraid and chrome but using firefox has resumed normal operation. Thanks. FYI I'm using the latest version of Chrome.

Thanks for all your help.

Is it possible to make unBALANCE actually inform us what it is doing, because in some cases it doesn't?

More specifically, right now I am waiting seemingly forever (I don't think it is stuck though), to produce me a list of target destinations for a "Gather" task (only one of the disks popped early, waiting for the rest).

If I select root folders (shares), it is usually fast. If I select to gather some deeper folder, it slows down considerably.
I don't have an issue with it taking its time (if it cannot be faster), but I would really like to know what it does.
In my case, possibly which disk/folder it scans currently to list my targets.

Note that I really have space on more disks (and I already actually know the destination I want to choose and I am just waiting for unBALANCE to list it and allow me to tick it).

EDIT: Erm... I actually redid this and this time it made a dark "window" listing progress and finished way faster.

So something stuck the first time?

Edited by NLS

So I recently had the no activity when planning problem pop up too.

I tried uninstalling all the extra plugins I have, one by one:

File Activity
CA Mover Tuning
Open Files
Fix Common Problems
Dynamix SSD Trim
Dynamix System Temperature
Nerd Tools

... to no effect.

I then uninstalled an reinstalled unBALANCE, and it started working again.

Finally, I reinstalled all my other plugins, one by one, and tested after each.  unBALANCE worked fine after all of them.

2 hours ago, sota said:

So I recently had the no activity when planning problem pop up too.

I tried uninstalling all the extra plugins I have, one by one:

File Activity
CA Mover Tuning
Open Files
Fix Common Problems
Dynamix SSD Trim
Dynamix System Temperature
Nerd Tools

... to no effect.

I then uninstalled an reinstalled unBALANCE, and it started working again.

Finally, I reinstalled all my other plugins, one by one, and tested after each.  unBALANCE worked fine after all of them.

I think that was a bit too much.

5 hours ago, rvoosterhout said:

I got the same issue where that I can't uncheck the dryrun box. I changed the RSYNC flags, restarted the plugin a few times, reinstalled the plugin but nothing works. I'm running unraid version 6.7.2. 

I created a pastebin from the log: https://pastebin.com/PxZT3wMJ

Is there any other thing I can try?

Hi, you need to enable the plan button first, by selecting one of the source/destination folders/disks.

On 11/22/2019 at 7:28 PM, jbrodriguez said:

I think it can work with UD, haven't  really thought about it, I think it will come down to how they're mounted .... as a first level estimate, I think it would take a lot of work in terms of touching some of the core functionality ... I'll give it a look when I work on it.

If you need some help, maybe a json or ini file pointing which disks are currently mounted by UD, I can help with that.

On 11/22/2019 at 5:28 PM, jbrodriguez said:

21 hours ago, gfjardim said:

If you need some help, maybe a json or ini file pointing which disks are currently mounted by UD, I can help with that.

9 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

Hey thanks ! That would certainly help.

Is there something like that already or you would need to create it (json or ini file) ?

9 hours ago, gfjardim said:

I have to create it. Which information you need there?

<John "Hannibal" Smith> I love it when a plan comes together. </John "Hannibal" Smith> :)

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, gfjardim said:

I have to create it. Which information you need there?

Generally speaking something resembling `/var/local/emhttp/disks.ini`, json would definitely be better.

I'm checking the code and I seem to use most of the fields for each disk entry.

Also, array disks are mounted under /mnt (/mnt/disk1, etc.).

Is that the case for UD disks ?

It does look like the code will require some precision surgery to add UD, but I'm willing to give it a go as soon as I can spare some time.

Hey, I remembered I worked with dlandon, to enable UD support on ControlR and we added an 'endpoint' to get the UD drives on a server.

I think someone sent me the output of this endpoint, that I used to lay out the data types

I'd still need to invoke that endpoint with a valid csrf_token (and auth cookie I think?), but will look into it some more

// {
// 	"automount": true,
// 	"avail": 1354998996992,
// 	"command": false,
// 	"command_bg": false,
// 	"device": "/dev/sdf1",
// 	"disk": "/dev/sdf",
// 	"fstype": "xfs",
// 	"label": "Mercury_Elite_Pro_Elite_Pro",
// 	"logfile": "/tmp/unassigned.devices/.log",
// 	"luks": "/dev/sdf1",
// 	"mountpoint": "/mnt/disks/deluge",
// 	"openfiles": "39\n",
// 	"owner": "user",
// 	"part": "1",
// 	"prog_name": "",
// 	"serial": "ugeneric",
// 	"serial_short": "ugeneric",
// 	"shared": true,
// 	"size": 2999127797760,
// 	"target": "/mnt/disks/deluge",
// 	"used": 1644128800768
// }
export interface IPartition {
	automount: boolean
	avail: number
	command: boolean
	command_bg: boolean
	device: string
	disk: string
	fstype: string
	label: string
	logfile: string
	luks: string
	mountpoint: string
	openfiles: string
	owner: string
	part: string
	prog_name: string
	serial: string
	serial_short: string
	shared: boolean
	size: number
	target: string
	used: string
}

// "device":"\/dev\/sdi","type":"ata","partitions":[],"temperature":"","size":18253611008,"serial_short":"09000000000000000001","serial":"VMware_Virtual_SATA_Hard_Drive_09000000000000000001
export interface IDevice {
	device: string
	type: string
	partitions: IPartition[]
	temperature: string
	size: number
	serial_short: string
	serial: string
}

2 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

Generally speaking something resembling `/var/local/emhttp/disks.ini`, json would definitely be better.

I'm checking the code and I seem to use most of the fields for each disk entry.

Also, array disks are mounted under /mnt (/mnt/disk1, etc.).

Is that the case for UD disks ?

It does look like the code will require some precision surgery to add UD, but I'm willing to give it a go as soon as I can spare some time.

I've added a code to UD to export mounted devices information at /var/state/unassigned.devices/unassigned.devices.json .

Will be available on the next UD update, I hope.

• Thanks 1
  • jbrodriguez changed the title to [Plugin] unbalanced