jbrodriguez

[Plug-In] unBALANCE

1486 posts in this topic Last Reply

Posted (edited)
On 3/17/2020 at 6:03 AM, jbrodriguez said:

Not an expert on ssl certificates, but the error says you're accessing the server via an ip address while the certificate is built for a hostname (RVC-NAS.local).

I'd guess try that ?

OMG so I went down a rabbit hole and for anyone who had this issue this is what I got. I had to end up going to dashboard/settings/management access/ then provision my ssl cert on unraid's lets encrypt dns thing and it made my own dns cert and then I had to turn off the plugin and turn it back on and now it works and now i'm down to just working out the normal permission stuff (sys at the moment I have files attached to nobody). The plugin and webui is now pointed to the huge long cert url unraid uses for https then my port for reference.

EDIT: Thanks again for the quick help. I got all my stuff moved over then encrypted my other drives and got my shares set how I want them.

Edited by rvcjew

This might be a dumb question, but just be safe:

The plugin states that the mover should be disabled while doing an unBALANCE operation and that no process should write to the disk(s) (only source or targets as well?). I can disable the scheduled mover using mover tuning, and I am *quite* certain that no other processes write to the drive(s). What can theoretically go wrong if there are processes writing to the drive(s)?

Posted (edited)

Hi, if you're writing to disks that are targets of an operation, the calculations will(may) be off.

Let's say disk3 is the target, had 1Tb free when unbalance calculated free space, but then you write 600Gb to this same disk via mover or some other tool.

So unbalance starts writing to disk3 thinking there are 1Tb free, when there are actually only 400gb free.

That would be the main issue.

Edited by jbrodriguez

Does this plugin normally do more than one rsync at a time?  My move seems to be nearly stalled....

This is moving to a SMR drive so I expect it to be slower..  but it seems to be crawling!

root@Tower:~# ps auxx | grep rsync
root      7754  0.0  0.0   3904  2152 pts/0    S+   08:33   0:00 grep rsync
root     31102  8.4  0.0  13412  3120 ?        S    07:55   3:08 /usr/bin/rsync -avPR -X T/DVD/MainMovie/FILE1 /mnt/disk8/
root     31103  0.0  0.0  13156  2308 ?        S    07:55   0:00 /usr/bin/rsync -avPR -X T/DVD/MainMovie/FILE1 /mnt/disk8/
root     31104  9.7  0.0  13240  2076 ?        D    07:55   3:38 /usr/bin/rsync -avPR -X T/DVD/MainMovie/FILE1 /mnt/disk8/
root@Tower:~# 

It did this yesterday too...

Thanks,

Jim

Edit:  The sysylog doesn't show any obvious errors...

Edited by jbuszkie

On 3/27/2020 at 7:37 AM, jbuszkie said:

Does this plugin normally do more than one rsync at a time?  My move seems to be nearly stalled....

This is moving to a SMR drive so I expect it to be slower..  but it seems to be crawling!

root@Tower:~# ps auxx | grep rsync
root      7754  0.0  0.0   3904  2152 pts/0    S+   08:33   0:00 grep rsync
root     31102  8.4  0.0  13412  3120 ?        S    07:55   3:08 /usr/bin/rsync -avPR -X T/DVD/MainMovie/FILE1 /mnt/disk8/
root     31103  0.0  0.0  13156  2308 ?        S    07:55   0:00 /usr/bin/rsync -avPR -X T/DVD/MainMovie/FILE1 /mnt/disk8/
root     31104  9.7  0.0  13240  2076 ?        D    07:55   3:38 /usr/bin/rsync -avPR -X T/DVD/MainMovie/FILE1 /mnt/disk8/
root@Tower:~# 

It did this yesterday too...

Thanks,

Jim

Edit:  The sysylog doesn't show any obvious errors...

I think internally rsync may spawn a couple processes.

I would check the source drive status with the drive speed plugin mentioned in the top banner

21 hours ago, gareth_iowc said:

unbalance.thumb.gif.a92453c4cf2df1d307aa0ea387e60eff.gif

Am i doing something wrong here?

It's been stuck on the plan part for 4 hours with little to no cpu or disk usage.

Yep, there seems to be something wrong, after you hit plan, it should open a 'console' to show the operation progress.

Can you check the developer's console for any errors ?

New to unbalance.

I am looking to remove two (1TB) 7 year old drives from my server.  Will move all content onto an 8TB in the array so that I can remove the drives.  Understand that i need to turn off the mover. 

Question: During the re-allocation do I need to shut off all of the dockers?  I typically run Plex, Duckdns, ombi.... with the dockers running on a SSD cache. 

Is it ok for me to keep these running?

The main concept here is that unbalance should be the only tool writing to the target drive during its operation.

If you can make sure that's the case while running other tools (such as plex, mover, etc), then you should be fine.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:08 PM, jbrodriguez said:

Yep, there seems to be something wrong, after you hit plan, it should open a 'console' to show the operation progress.

Can you check the developer's console for any errors ?

Once i click plan all of the menu log, settings etc becomes un-clickable.

But i have try tried firefox and the program is working as expected.

i disabled add block in chrome and it made no difference.

19 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

The main concept here is that unbalance should be the only tool writing to the target drive during its operation.

If you can make sure that's the case while running other tools (such as plex, mover, etc), then you should be fine.

Great!  Thank you. I assume that if I turn off everything else then Plex should be fine.  Appdata and system are on the cache.  Also, changes are likely written to the cache. So, if it is the only thing running then I assume that I should be pretty safe.