New Emby Docker

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, dcruff said:

How can I change the docker port mapping for Emby.  I'm trying to change it from the default of 8096 so that I don't have a conflict with my legacy Windows-based Emby server that I want to keep running until I get the bugs worked out of the UNRAID server.

Is this really the emby docker you are using? Doesn't look like this one is in Apps anymore. You can go directly to the correct support thread for any of your dockers by clicking its icon and selecting Support.

I don't use emby but it looks like the 2 versions on the Apps page already have bridge networking, so you should be able to just change the host port (but not the container port).

• 3 weeks later...

Having issue with Nvidia transcoding. It looks like I have everything setup including --runtime=nvidia  and both nvidia visible devices along with nvidia driver capabilities set and Emby sees the nvidia card but when I run emby from a browser it shows only software encoding not hardware encoding. I do not have VM's nor am I using the nvidia passthrough for any other dockers. Did I miss something?

emby_unraid1.jpg.31e15ff7922ec5eb90b05cd9e6753179.jpg

Emby_config1.jpg.6791ca5e4c921ee899ec73750e973ee3.jpg

Edited by mbppg
On 1/7/2022 at 12:55 PM, mbppg said:

Having issue with Nvidia transcoding. It looks like I have everything setup including --runtime=nvidia  and both nvidia visible devices along with nvidia driver capabilities set and Emby sees the nvidia card but when I run emby from a browser it shows only software encoding not hardware encoding. I do not have VM's nor am I using the nvidia passthrough for any other dockers. Did I miss something?

emby_unraid1.jpg.31e15ff7922ec5eb90b05cd9e6753179.jpg

Emby_config1.jpg.6791ca5e4c921ee899ec73750e973ee3.jpg

Thats because your GPU does only support decoding... on the nvidia website you can see that encoding is not supported from your gpu

image.thumb.png.e2306c9f7caa6a155c0548b13de96cff.png

Hello @all

I have the following problem. Emby does not store the meta data and images in the media folders. If I add the data manually to the folders emby loads them without problems. I suspect a permissions problem but can't solve it myself.

Emby is running as a Docker container on a Unraid host system. Here also runs a virtual machine with Xpenology (Synologys DSM) which shares a SMB share with Unraid and provides emby. On it are the libraries of the movies. This SMB share is mounted via Unassigned Device Plugin and here I also looked if there are any READ WRITE permissions, but found nothing.

I have made the appropriate settings in the libraries, see screens:

image.thumb.png.dc2627b974fe1eb983425be68f9f4608.png

image.thumb.png.b229f4f944692dffde239f5bb707e9f0.png

On the Emby Dashboard page, contrary to the above settings, the paths for the meta data are not traced back to the media directories, but are located in the config folder of the emby Docker container...

When I look at the path in the emby container for the media library everything is set correctly there. I created the whole "mnt" folder for all internal host hard disks from the UNraid host itself and from the SMB shares instead of just the SMB share. Everything together has read and write permissions according to the dialog. See for yourself on the screenshots:

image.thumb.png.3e1868b7c35c468ef9035d2e41c28f96.png

image.png.e297be5f49c21ac6200fc87d52192fbd.png

I hope you guys can help me to solve my problem. And yes in futher i will use a native unraid system where the data drives will also connected to unraid and not to a vm ...

Just finished setting up all of my Emby content.  I've been switching from a Windows server.  
When I went to change some of the visual aspects of the Emby home page, they didn't seem to be taking.  So I restarted Emby, which gave an error.  Then I restarted Unraid and now all of my installed dockers are GONE!  Rebooted Unraid again and the dockers are still gone.

I only had 2 dockers installed - Emby and Krusader

I don't know if I should reinstall them or not.  Suggestions?

embyserver-diagnostics-20220113-1920.zip

Edited by dcruff
On 1/12/2022 at 8:49 AM, WowaDriver said:

Thats because your GPU does only support decoding... on the nvidia website you can see that encoding is not supported from your gpu

image.thumb.png.e2306c9f7caa6a155c0548b13de96cff.png

Thank you @WowaDriver for catching that. What is weird is that hardware transcoding works in Plex on the same server. I do have a couple of Nvidia Quadro cards, I just need to find/get the half height brackets for them to install in my server.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey folks.. just updated to 6.10.3 and having an issue with Emby.

Any insight would be grateful. Seems to only be https as I can get to emby with http.

emby/embyserver:beta

Spoiler

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Connect.ConnectEntryPoint

Info App: Loading data from /config/data/connect.txt

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Connect.ConnectEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0025066 seconds

Info App: Core startup complete

Info App: Post-init migrations complete

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.PortMapper.ExternalPortForwarding

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.PortMapper.ExternalPortForwarding. Duration: 0.0019546 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Security.PluginSecurityManager

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Security.PluginSecurityManager. Duration: 6.25E-05 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.CinemaMode.IntrosEntryPoint

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.CinemaMode.IntrosEntryPoint. Duration: 9.58E-05 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Webhooks.WebhooksEntryPoint

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Webhooks.WebhooksEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0045409 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point NfoMetadata.EntryPoint

Info App: Entry point completed: NfoMetadata.EntryPoint. Duration: 0.0001088 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Tvdb.EntryPoint

Info App: Entry point completed: Tvdb.EntryPoint. Duration: 3.55E-05 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Api.ApiEntryPoint

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Api.ApiEntryPoint. Duration: 2.89E-05 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.Udp.UdpServerEntryPoint

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.Udp.UdpServerEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0011062 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.DeviceAccessEntryPoint

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.DeviceAccessEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0004536 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitorStartup

Warn App: SetSocketOption 'MulticastLocalAdminAddress' failed for IP address '10.0.0.33': Unknown socket error

Error App: Error in CreateSsdpUdpSocket. IPAddress: 10.0.0.33

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.8.0.0

Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3

Operating system: Linux version 5.15.46-Unraid (root@Develop) (gcc (GCC) 11.2.0, GNU ld version 2.37-slack15) #1 SMP Fri Jun 10 11:08:41 PDT 2022

Framework: .NET 6.0.2

OS/Process: x64/x64

Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll

Processor count: 20

Data path: /config

Application path: /system

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0xFFFDFFFE): Unknown socket error

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetMulticastOption(SocketOptionName optionName, MulticastOption MR)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Object optionValue)

at Rssdp.SsdpCommunicationsServer.CreateSsdpUdpSocket(IPAddress localIpAddress, Int32 localPort, List`1 localAddresses)

at Rssdp.SsdpCommunicationsServer.BeginListeningForBroadcasts(CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Source: System.Net.Sockets

TargetSite: Void UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(System.Net.Sockets.SocketError, System.String)

Info App: Init BeginReceive on 0.0.0.0

Info App: Init BeginReceive on 0.0.0.0

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitorStartup. Duration: 0.270546 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.AutomaticRestartEntryPoint

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.AutomaticRestartEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0001973 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.KeepServerAwake

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.KeepServerAwake. Duration: 0.0001388 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.LibraryChangedNotifier

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.LibraryChangedNotifier. Duration: 0.0016122 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.ServerEventNotifier

Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /mnt/Music

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.ServerEventNotifier. Duration: 0.0023287 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.StartupWizard

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.StartupWizard. Duration: 0.0002708 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.SystemEvents

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.SystemEvents. Duration: 0.0003803 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.UserDataChangeNotifier

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.UserDataChangeNotifier. Duration: 0.0001172 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelsEntryPoint

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelsEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0025098 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.LiveTV.EntryPoint

Info LiveTV: Loading live tv data from /config/data/livetv/timers

Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /config/data/livetv/recordings

Info LiveTV: Creating recording timer for 5ff8de3d633dc9f1ae3ae9a445c0e6f5, Best of Sewing With Nancy. Timer will fire in 5154.565592308333 minutes

Info LiveTV: Creating recording timer for a323845af0562ce48d86e5ae2772d36f, It's Sew Easy. Timer will fire in 5184.565584836667 minutes

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.LiveTV.EntryPoint. Duration: 0.0536801 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.LiveTV.UpgradeChannelOptionsEntryPoint

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.LiveTV.UpgradeChannelOptionsEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0013138 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.LiveTV.RecordingNotifier

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.LiveTV.RecordingNotifier. Duration: 0.0001809 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.ActivityLog.ActivityLogEntryPoint

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.ActivityLog.ActivityLogEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0034428 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.EncodingManagerEntryPoint

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.EncodingManagerEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0010052 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Notifications.Notifications

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Notifications.Notifications. Duration: 0.0003085 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Sync.SyncManagerEntryPoint

Info App: SyncRepository Initialize taking write lock

Info App: SyncRepository Initialize write lock taken

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Sync.SyncManagerEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0046313 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point Emby.Server.Sync.SyncNotificationEntryPoint

Info App: Entry point completed: Emby.Server.Sync.SyncNotificationEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0020401 seconds

Info App: Starting entry point EmbyServer.Windows.LoopUtilEntryPoint

Info App: Entry point completed: EmbyServer.Windows.LoopUtilEntryPoint. Duration: 0.0001021 seconds

Info App: All entry points have started

Edited by TheSnotRocket
  • 2 months later...

I've been using the offical emby docker for years now without issue but lately I've found that my "Movies" share isn't storing metadata.  No subtitles, or fanart, or even thumbnails are being stored alongside the movies in their corresponding folders.  Yes, I have the settings correct.  It's worked for years and I didn't change anything in emby.  Could it be a permissions setting within unraid that's not allowing the docker to write to the share.

I'm using Sonarr to download movies and place them in the correct folder, so I don't know why Sonarr would be able to write to that share when it seems that Emby does not?  Any tips would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity I would like to try transcoding to ram in emby.

If I have understood it correctly you have to enter the following in Emby Docker
in "Extra Parameter": --mount type=tmpfs,destination=/transcode,tmpfs-size=4000000000

transcode.thumb.png.d198e70d2f80ee71d0d6c915337926ce.png

And in Emby in "Transcoding temporary path": /transcode

emby.png.833a6449febd035b57e56b66d0c01853.png

Is it still necessary to use the script which deletes data after a certain time so that the ram doesn't overflow or has something changed in the meantime?

21 minutes ago, BuTscH said:

Is it still necessary to use the script which deletes data after a certain time so that the ram doesn't overflow or has something changed in the meantime?

may check the emby forum if its solved meanwhile

emby transcoded files resist in the path as long as the stream is played, reason from emby team, so you can easy skip back without another transcode.

I found the following on the Emby forum

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79091-make-sure-i-understand-size-requirements-for-the-transcoding-directory/#comment-804641

In a post from July 8 the admin said the following:

"If the server detects low disk space then it will clean up transcoding segments on the fly as you go in order to conserve space."

So if it works as intended, the script should no longer be necessary right?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wondering can anyone help/advise me here, I'm having a very intermittent problem with a "Docker Image Disk Utilization of 100%" error popping up for me. I'm on Unraid 6.11.1 (though this has happened to me on previous release versions too), and running the latest Emby as of writing (4.7.8.0, though again, previous releases threw this error up too.) Last night I got an alert about this error, and then ~5 mins later another alert to state the utilization had returned to normal levels, so I wasn't able to check anything really. I feel it's a transcoding issue, and something screwed up with my directory config perhaps? My cache pool is x2 1TB SSD's in a BTRFS pool. I do share parts of my Emby library with select family members, and looking at Emby when the error popped up last night, there was indeed a family member logged in a consuming media. 

My setup is as follows:

Folder on cache pool for Emby transcoding is - "/mnt/cache/appdata/EmbyServer/transcode/transcoding-temp"

My Emby server is then configured to use the container path of "/Transcoding" which is pointed to the host path of "/mnt/cache/appdata/EmbyServer/transcode"

If I then play media on my LAN and select a low quality version, I can see the "/mnt/cache/appdata/EmbyServer/transcode/transcoding-temp" starts to become populated with files/folders....so I THINK Emby is correctly transcoding onto my SSD pool, and NOT within the docker image itself?

Can anyone help/advise?

Edited by Unrayed

Folks,

Is there a simple way to revert to an older version of this emby server docker?

I need to fix my server at version 4.7.6 of embyserver, and remain there for a while (they removed support for a client that's still important in my setup, at least for another several months). How do I go about this?

7 minutes ago, doron said:

Folks,

Is there a simple way to revert to an older version of this emby server docker?

I need to fix my server at version 4.7.6 of embyserver, and remain there for a while (they removed support for a client that's still important in my setup, at least for another several months). How do I go about this?

Can you add this to the repo emby/embyserver:4.7.6.0

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have a question about the emby docker and I hope that someone here can help me. Emby is running fine so far. The only thing I don't quite understand is when I start a movie, whether with the native Emby client or with the emby addon under kodi, I see the CPU load on my unraid server (latest version of the unraid, i510400 and 32 GB RAM). rises to about 80%. This lasts for about 3-4 minutes and then the cpu load drops to 2%. Also, while the CPU load is high, I cannot skip or fast-forward chapters in the movie. If the CPU load is low, I can skip chapters, but then I see that the load also increases again. Can you configure something there?

Thanks