New Emby Docker

OK thanks, I have installed it, its just indexing my media which seems will take forever ;-)

AM

When I first installed it likely about a year ago the library scanning would just keep hanging up and I eventually had to manually identify a lot of my movies. They were all identified by the old MediaBrowser but the new server still had issues.

OK thanks, I have installed it, its just indexing my media which seems will take forever ;-)

AM

When I first installed it likely about a year ago the library scanning would just keep hanging up and I eventually had to manually identify a lot of my movies. They were all identified by the old MediaBrowser but the new server still had issues.

Not sure if there is a specific issue you guys are having as a result of a different setting (whatever that might be) to mine but for me it's lightening. Perhaps my media collection is less than yours but we are talking some 3k files.

Not sure if Emby scrapes images / data from an external source as the library build but I imagine it could. Is your b/w maxed as you're doing this (eg are you downloading etc?).

Not sure if there is a specific issue you guys are having as a result of a different setting (whatever that might be) to mine but for me it's lightening. Perhaps my media collection is less than yours but we are talking some 3k files.

Not sure if Emby scrapes images / data from an external source as the library build but I imagine it could. Is your b/w maxed as you're doing this (eg are you downloading etc?).

After first adding the my movies share the library scan would just hang every time.

The docker doesn't hold all the information and images so of course it's scraping data from outside sources so this will take time to complete on a first scan where the images don't exist. But, as I already noted twice now, in my case the first scan of the library would hang every time so it was nothing to do with bandwidth. It simply was hanging on trying to identify a movie or movies.

I am trying to add my media libraries on my second UnRaid server as network shares but I am unable to do it for some reason. I am adding \\IP address\share name but it keeps kicking it back to me, these are not open shares and perhaps that is the problem, they require a user name and password usually. I have added them as remote shares using the unassigned devices plugin, even copying and pasting the mount point into Emby, it takes it but cant access it. Is there a way to do what I am trying to do?

I am trying to add my media libraries on my second UnRaid server as network shares but I am unable to do it for some reason. I am adding \\IP address\share name but it keeps kicking it back to me, these are not open shares and perhaps that is the problem, they require a user name and password usually. I have added them as remote shares using the unassigned devices plugin, even copying and pasting the mount point into Emby, it takes it but cant access it. Is there a way to do what I am trying to do?

Ash, mount it in unassigned devices, then map it in the docker configuration.  Not sure how well it'll work with the share security though..

cANTNW2.jpg

8AIEHwy.jpg

2eGSaYa.jpg

I can't seem to get it to work, I can add the path to the docker but when I add it to Emby it doesn't scan it, although it doesn't complain about being able to access, it doesn't seem to be able to.

AM

docker has a problem where if the mount points aren't available when the service starts up, no container can see what's inside them

Stop and start the docker service, and hopefully everything will be ok.

(This problem is why I manually issue the mount commands for smb shares in my go file - so that on a restart they work)

Hi, been really wanting to give emby a shot so I installed this docker. Looks great. My unraid is kinda oldish now though...I'm running a core i3 530. I wanted to stream to my tablet 720p but this doesn't look like it can keep up. CPUs are at ~90% and its pretty choppy. Anything I can do? Thinking about throwing in a cheap Xeon...you can get a 4 core off eBay for socket 1156 for like $25. Two more cores should help a lot..what do people think?

I'm getting really frustrated with a certain feature in Emby and not sure if I should go to the Emby forums for this. When I go to look at my TV Shows and its set to display as a poster, it shows some with posters and others with banners. I've changed the banners to posters five or six times now but they always seem to revert back to banners. Similarly with my movies, I've got them set to display as posters and I'll go in and change the poster to one I like, but they always seem to revert. I am doing this as the default  user appuser with full permissions. Any idea whats going on and why my changed aren't being saved? I've even gone into metadata manager, made the change and saved it thinking that would help, nope.

Well if you're not able to fully upgrade the system then $25 seems a cheap enough punt.  How much memory you got is the only other thing it might be worth thinking about....

Thanks, the system has 8gb of memory but 4gb is used for my VM so 4gb is available. Didn't think transcoding was very memory consuming though..

It's already been released. Testing is done.  Please update the template

Sorry for being a Docker noob, but I don't really understand the differences between container and template... Do I just apply the update to my container the regular way within the unRAID GUI, or will that not "update the template"?

I don't think that will update the template.  It will update the container and everything will work except the uid and gid running emby will be 1000. If you don't feel like updating the template you can also hit edit on the container and it will allow you to adjust your own personalized template. You will need to edit the environment variables since they have been modified.  Please see the docker page for more info.

Updating the template means removing the container and image and removing the my_Embyserver from list of containers you can add. Then you need to go through the process of of adding the container once more like you did the first time. Please see the docker page for more info

Ah. OK. Seems like the ports are still available from the outside world... they are just mapped one-to-one... 8096 --> 8096 and 8920 --> 8920.

Another question, when I set up this new container, I was not able to modify the default host mapping of /mnt, i.e. couldn't change it to /mnt/media... After adding the container, it now appears that I can edit it. Any idea why?