New Emby Docker

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering how ram usage is for others of this docker?

I read some talk of this from this thread http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32516-question-about-ram-usage/?hl=ram but nothing conclusive, or to be worried about either.

I'm testing with the current version of the beta server (currently version 3.0.5977.0), and no tasks are currently running from what I see on the server dashboard.

My library is scanned in, and LiveTv/recordings are setup. The resource monitor in CA shows anywhere from 2GB up to 4GB used by this Docker which seems a tad excessive, however is not causing any issues.

Since I don't typically leave this running as it is not my primary Media consumption choice currently (still on Kodi/TvHeadend) I'm concerned if this Docker will require more Ram than I'd expect.

I purchased the monthly Emby premiere to give this a good test prior to making a final decision, so any feedback on this is appreciated.

Also, the new Emby Theater for Windows is pretty sweet BTW!  8)

Is anyone else seeing the "Welcome Emby Tester" message since the last update?

I am running emby/embyserver:latest not the dev branch, so not sure why I am seeing this.

Welcome Emby Tester!

If you're seeing this message, its because you're running a pre-release version of Emby Server. Thank you for being a part of the Emby pre-release testing process.

Please take a moment to leave your testing feedback about this version in the Emby Community.

I wasn't too worried to start with, just closed the dialogue and everything seemed OK, but I am also seeing slow downs since the update.

I am seeing "Version 3.0.5934.0" in the settings.

Is it possible to roll back versions of emby, or will that mess with the database?

Thanks,

Wob

The dev release is sticking around it seems even with new updates available - looks the the auto update system is still not working properly

I'm also having some issues but only when playing videos on my Amazon prime fire tv stick (playback failures, audio playing fine but video being almost at the end of the film at 20 seconds in)

Any reason why my Emby plugin for kodi keeps asking me for a password when I start kodi?  Password is blank, I just hit enter and away it goes.

Same here, logon attempt just keeps spinning and spinning.  I am able to connect via app.emby.media and manage my server, just not locally.  All services seem to be up and running however.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that Emby Docker was just upgraded to 3.0.5972.0 which is great. Thanks to hurricanehrndz

My issue is that Emby is now adding to shares under /mnt:

1.) /mnt/user/.Docker/appdata/emby/metadata/artists (I recently removed mnt/cache/.Docker and defined mnt/cache/Docker instead)

2.) /mnt/user/user/Kino/Emby/metadata/artists

Metadata path that I defined under Emby Settings is: /mnt/Docker/appdata/emby/metadata

What is wrong?

I think that Emby Docker was just upgraded to 3.0.5972.0 which is great. Thanks to hurricanehrndz

My issue is that Emby is now adding to shares under /mnt:

1.) /mnt/user/.Docker/appdata/emby/metadata/artists (I recently removed mnt/cache/.Docker and defined mnt/cache/Docker instead)

2.) /mnt/user/user/Kino/Emby/metadata/artists

Metadata path that I defined under Emby Settings is: /mnt/Docker/appdata/emby/metadata

What is wrong?

You should post a screen shot of the volume mappings that you are using for the app.  Docker apps cannot automatically create any share unless you have a mapping for them.

Also verify that your mappings for your other apps do not refer to those shares either.

Thanks Squid.

As far as I can see none of the Dockers are using any of these directories and the name of these 2 paths are clearly indicating that Emby is the culprit.

I attached the requested volume mapping which doesn't indicate wrong definitions. Do you have any other idea?

you mounted /mnt/user to /mnt.

giving a docker complete access at that level is "the culprit"

And double check ^^^

Also, while its not the cause / problem, you really should delete those orphaned images - they only take up space and do nothing

Thanks for your advise guy's.

I deleted all orphaned images, just discovered it when I was checking the mappings. Emby is now running the "Scan media library" because of the changes from /mnt/user/ to /mnt/

But to be complete honest I still don't get it. I didn't had these directories before. It came up when I changed my Docker share from /mnt/cache/.Docker towards /mnt/cache/Docker. Maybe one of the Emby plugins still had /.Docker as setting? But why /mnt/user/user/Kino/Emby/metadata/artists?

Hello,

I updated emby today and it will not start, here is what the logs are showing over and over:

Debug info from gdb:

=================================================================
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries 
used by your application.

Aborted
Info, Main, Emby
Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /config -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
Operating system: Unix 4.1.18.0
Processor count: 8
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Program data path: /config
Mono: 4.2.2 (Stable 4.2.2.30/996df3c Tue Apr 26 12:45:48 UTC 2016)
Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
appHost.Init
Info, App, Application version: 3.1.18.0
Info, App, Application configuration:
{"EnableUPnP":true,"PublicPort":8096,"PublicHttpsPort":8920,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"HttpsPortNumber":8920,"EnableHttps":false,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"IsPortAuthorized":true,"EnableCaseSensitiveItemIds":false,"MetadataPath":"","SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","SaveLocalMeta":true,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"US","SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"LibraryMonitorDelay":60,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"EnableDashboardResourceMinification":true,"DashboardSourcePath":"","ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","MetadataOptions":[{"ItemType":"Book","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Movie","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Art","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type";:"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Screenshot","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":["Nfo","Emby Xml"],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":["The Open Movie Database","TheMovieDb"],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":["TheMovieDb","FanArt","The Open Movie Database","Screen Grabber"]},{"ItemType":"MusicVideo","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Series","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicAlbum","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":0,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicArtist","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"T
Info, App, Loading AutoBoxSets, Version=1.1.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading CoverArt, Version=4.0.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue, Version=1.0.5966.21505, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading GameBrowser, Version=3.0.5882.25260, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MBBackup, Version=1.0.0.13, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.RottenTomatoes, Version=3.0.5978.120, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.Trailers, Version=1.0.5946.24707, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MiOSEmbyZWaveControllerCS, Version=1.0.5929.22820, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MovieThemeSongs, Version=1.1.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MovieThemeVideos, Version=1.1.2.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading ThemeSongs, Version=1.1.1.82, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading ThemeVideos, Version=1.1.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Api, Version=3.1.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.WebDashboard, Version=3.1.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.1.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.1.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.1.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Providers, Version=3.1.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.1.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations, Version=3.1.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding, Version=3.1.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Dlna, Version=3.1.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.LocalMetadata, Version=3.1.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata, Version=3.1.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.IsoMounting.Linux, Version=1.0.5131.24779, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Mono, Version=3.1.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common, Version=3.1.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, ImageMagick, ImageMagick version: ImageMagick 6.9.2-8 Q8 x86_64 2016-05-05 http://www.imagemagick.org
Info, ImageProcessor, ImageProcessor started with 8 max concurrent image processes
Info, App, FFMpeg: /bin/ffmpeg
Info, App, FFProbe: /bin/ffprobe
System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnectionPool.PoolQueue doesn't implement interface System.Collections.IEnumerator

Stacktrace:

at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteBase.GetLastError (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnectionHandle,intptr) <0x00098>
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.GetLastError (string) <0x0004b>
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.GetLastError () <0x00015>
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.SetTimeout (int) <0x000d3>
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Open (string,System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnectionFlags,System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum,int,bool) <0x00587>
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open () <0x0116e>
at System.Data.Common.DbConnection.OpenAsync (System.Threading.CancellationToken) <0x00096>
at System.Data.Common.DbConnection.OpenAsync () <0x0002d>
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Data.Common.DbConnection.OpenAsync () <0xffffffff>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteExtensions/<ConnectToDb>c__async0.MoveNext () <0x00327>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteExtensions/<ConnectToDb>c__async0> (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteExtensions/<ConnectToDb>c__async0&) <0x000db>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1<System.Data.IDbConnection>.Start<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteExtensions/<ConnectToDb>c__async0> (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteExtensions/<ConnectToDb>c__async0&) <0x00019>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteExtensions.ConnectToDb (string,bool,bool,System.Nullable`1<int>,MediaBrowser.Model.Logging.ILogger) <0x00189>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.DbConnector.Connect (string,bool,bool,System.Nullable`1<int>) <0x0003b>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.BaseSqliteRepository/<CreateConnection>c__async0.MoveNext () <0x00098>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.BaseSqliteRepository/<CreateConnection>c__async0> (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.BaseSqliteRepository/<CreateConnection>c__async0&) <0x000e3>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1<System.Data.IDbConnection>.Start<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.BaseSqliteRepository/<CreateConnection>c__async0> (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.BaseSqliteRepository/<CreateConnection>c__async0&) <0x00019>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.BaseSqliteRepository.CreateConnection (bool) <0x00160>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteUserRepository.RetrieveAllUsers () <0x000a6>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager/<LoadUsers>c__async3.MoveNext () <0x0009e>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager/<LoadUsers>c__async3> (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager/<LoadUsers>c__async3&) <0x000cb>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1<System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.User>>.Start<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager/<LoadUsers>c__async3> (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager/<LoadUsers>c__async3&) <0x00019>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.LoadUsers () <0x00155>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager/<Initialize>c__async0.MoveNext () <0x000af>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager/<Initialize>c__async0> (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager/<Initialize>c__async0&) <0x000df>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1<System.Threading.Tasks.VoidTaskResult>.Start<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager/<Initialize>c__async0> (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager/<Initialize>c__async0&) <0x00019>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager/<Initialize>c__async0> (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager/<Initialize>c__async0&) <0x00019>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.Initialize () <0x00147>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost/<RegisterResources>c__async1.MoveNext () <0x0809f>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start<MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost/<RegisterResources>c__async1> (MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost/<RegisterResources>c__async1&) <0x000df>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1<System.Threading.Tasks.VoidTaskResult>.Start<MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost/<RegisterResources>c__async1> (MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost/<RegisterResources>c__async1&) <0x00019>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start<MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost/<RegisterResources>c__async1> (MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost/<RegisterResources>c__async1&) <0x00019>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost.RegisterResources (System.IProgress`1<double>) <0x0018a>
at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1/<Init>c__async0<T_REF>.MoveNext () <0x006c4>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start<MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1/<Init>c__async0<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths>> (MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1/<Init>c__async0<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths>&) <0x000d3>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1<System.Threading.Tasks.VoidTaskResult>.Start<MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1/<Init>c__async0<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths>> (MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1/<Init>c__async0<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths>&) <0x00019>
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start<MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1/<Init>c__async0<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths>> (MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1/<Init>c__async0<MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths>&) <0x00019>
at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1<T_REF>.Init (System.IProgress`1<double>) <0x001c9>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost.Init (System.IProgress`1<double>) <0x0019b>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths,MediaBrowser.Model.Logging.ILogManager,MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.StartupOptions) <0x00353>
at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (string[]) <0x001c7>
at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_void_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

Native stacktrace:

/usr/bin/mono-sgen() [0x4a16a5]
/lib64/libpthread.so.0(+0x10e80) [0x2b3f153a8e80]
/lib64/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x38) [0x2b3f155e99e8]
/lib64/libc.so.6(abort+0x13a) [0x2b3f155eae3a]
/usr/bin/mono-sgen() [0x62a2b9]
/usr/bin/mono-sgen() [0x62a4df]
/usr/bin/mono-sgen() [0x62a582]
/usr/bin/mono-sgen() [0x4a2427]
/usr/bin/mono-sgen() [0x4a27fd]
[0x40b4d05d]

Debug info from gdb:

Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries 

Thanks

I had installed and set up this Emby docker and it was working fine. However, I've noticed that if I have occasion to restart the app, docker or unraid system, it loses it's config.

I behaves as if the config is on non-permanent storage but as I understand it, the mappings (attached) point it to my cache drive.

Whenever I access the UI after a restart I get the settings screen (also attached).

I'm missing something obvious, but what?

Thanks

Screen_Shot_2016-06-18_at_20_12_43.png.a368ae7b7fddf2adc1625989668aacf9.png

Screen_Shot_2016-06-18_at_20_12_59.png.4127f665fc073eeb2848a1d8710adc24.png

I had installed and set up this Emby docker and it was working fine. However, I've noticed that if I have occasion to restart the app, docker or unraid system, it loses it's config.

I behaves as if the config is on non-permanent storage but as I understand it, the mappings (attached) point it to my cache drive.

Whenever I access the UI after a restart I get the settings screen (also attached).

I'm missing something obvious, but what?

Thanks

Please ignore. I fixed it.

I had an update share set up and mover was obviously moving my config files to the array but my container config was set to the direct pitch to the cache folder.

Set the share to cache only and all is well with the world again.

• 2 weeks later...

I am rather lost here, posting a few picks below hoping for some help  :)

Image is already installed.  Probably you hit update and there was nothing to update.

Updates on some apps always show available.  Nobody is 100% sure if it's unraid or docker hub that's causing that

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Squid,

Thank you for your response, I thought I explained in more detail, but it was missing the third pic.

It is not going past a grey screen and i am not able to input any of my folders and see any of the contents.

i was hoping for help on the container volume and host path sections, if that's the problem.

My path to my data is root/mnt/user/ and I have tried many times and still can't get it to work. When I start emby server it shows only a gray screen

Snap1.jpg.5bb34ccaa1b41a07c599c62412016512.jpg

Squid,

Thank you for your response, I thought I explained in more detail, but it was missing the third pic.

It is not going past a grey screen and i am not able to input any of my folders and see any of the contents.

i was hoping for help on the container volume and host path sections, if that's the problem.

My path to my data is root/mnt/user/ and I have tried many times and still can't get it to work. When I start emby server it shows only a gray screen

Anyone?