New Emby Docker

I had an email last night saying there was an update for this docker so applied it. I can't get any videos or music to play.

I've tried rebooting the server as well as restarting the emby server.

Anyone know if I can roll back to a previous version easily. I have backup/restore installed but don't particularly want to restore all my dockers as for some reason emby isn't in the list of apps.

I've just updated my container remotely and played a video fine. Tried Kodi too. Played fine.

I need more. What is in your server logs??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read your post again - are you saying that your Emby container is not even showing in the Docker tab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for wasting your time it appears I have fixed it.

The docker was working ok, I could open the web ui or the app and see all my media it just wouldn't play. See below.

I went back into the docker just to check that everything was correct with the mappings etc, and clicked advanced. I then spotted that the transcode directory was empty.

I don't know why or how as it had all been working OK the last time I used it - which was about 2 weeks ago.

I guess that it was just coincidence that the day after the update was when I discovered the problem. Sorry for a false alert.

The initial scan seems to hang after awhile.  I restart the server and it will go another few percent and then stall again.  Does it normally take a long time?  It's been ~4 hours now and is only 45% with multiple restarts.  I don't think I have a very large library compared to most on here. 

Edit:  Upon further study, I removed my Movies folder from the scan and all TV shows and Music scanned in perfectly.  However, the scan stalls when trying to scan in my movies.

The initial scan seems to hang after awhile.  I restart the server and it will go another few percent and then stall again.  Does it normally take a long time?  It's been ~4 hours now and is only 45% with multiple restarts.  I don't think I have a very large library compared to most on here. 

Edit:  Upon further study, I removed my Movies folder from the scan and all TV shows and Music scanned in perfectly.  However, the scan stalls when trying to scan in my movies.

After multiple restarts of the server, it finally completed the scan.  Hopefully it will be ok in the future??

• 3 weeks later...

I am running unRAID 6.2 rc4 and run an Emby docker container from Emby's repository.  My problem is that the nfo and artwork files it creates on the array can't be deleted via my Windows computer.  When I try, I get an error that says:

"you require permission from Unix User\1000 to make changes to this file"

How do I make it change permissions so that I can easily delete or modify files from my Windows computer?  I have other docker containers that add files to my unRAID array and I have no problem doing anything with their files and I didn't set up any permission in those containers so I'm not sure why this one is different.

Not sure if this is the best place to put this, it looks like Emby now has a newer public release 3.0.6070 than what I am running in this docker (mine reports Version 3.0.5972.0).  Any chance of getting an update of this docker to the latest public release of Emby?

I have been running this container for months now and it rocks!  Please keep up the good work. Thanks.

Essentially I think this container is always going to be behind somewhat as Emby have a VERY regular release schedule.

As containers go, I feel it gets maintained and updated very well.

I keep an eye on this link:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases

As long as there isn't something that critical in there (with respect to a recent release) - which I don't think there is (for me at least) at this time, I don't worry about it.

The container get updated 4 hrs at the latest after a release. It is triggered automatically by our (emby devs) build servers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I just did a clean install of the emby docker but it seems to crash when trying to start up..

I left everything at defaults on install.

Running on unraid 6.2 mainline

Some logs are attached..

I do not use unraid anymore, so I can speak for their implementation., but I did checkout the container and installed a brand new instance from scratch and it seems to work perfect fine. There is a disk error in the log, you might want to focus your efforts on your mapped volumes and the permissions.

I seem to be stuck on version 3.1.170.0 beta, running the EmbyServerBeta release from CA.

The Emby dashboard shows that Version 3.1.183 is now available for download.

I have killed the docker image for Emby and reinstalled through CA, but always have 3.1.170 installed.

This has been this way for more than a week, and speaking from past experiences this container normally requests an update daily, if not more.

Is the XML in CA not pointing to a new configuration or location to pull updates for this Docker?

I'm uncertain how to see the version #'s on the hub (sorry, not something I've done prior), but do see "Success" from an update to the beta tag 6 days prior.

I see the same for all versions listed there, so maybe there just have been no updates to the Docker for the last 6 days? If so, then no complaints, just not normal from the regular updates (they normally follow pretty in line with the dashboard messages listing any updates to the server).

I just switched to the stable docker since my Phaze plugin stopped working. Unraid installed 3.0.7300 and on the dashboard homepage it said a newer release of Emby was available. I was able to upgrade Emby by running "docker exec EmbyServer update" from the command. I don't know why it didn't pull down the latest release at time of install or why unraid didn't say an update was available.

I just switched to the stable docker since my Phaze plugin stopped working. Unraid installed 3.0.7300 and on the dashboard homepage it said a newer release of Emby was available. I was able to upgrade Emby by running "docker exec EmbyServer update" from the command. I don't know why it didn't pull down the latest release at time of install or why unraid didn't say an update was available.

can you please explain how exactly you did it, so i can do it my self and learn for future

thanks

I've noticed an oddity with this docker. I'm on 6.3rc1 and when the library scan runs it seems to only be using my first core pair, in this case cores 0 and 8

It will 100% one then 100% the other. It uses only 1 of them at a time and never both. I haven't cpu pinned the docker so it should have use of all 16 cores as I would rather it didn't max out single cores making them a lot hotter than the rest

Has anyone else seen anything similar? Realistically I want to allow it full usage of my cpu

Also with the newer versions there are a lot of acceleration options. Has anyone tried using any of them or is everyone sticking with acceleration off?