New Emby Docker

Hey guys

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I can get Emby to work with my reverse proxy that has htaccess set up. I can't figure out a way to put in a username and password (I tried username:password@url).

Any suggestions?

Not sure what you mean. htaccess is going to use its own user and password list, not related to emby in any way. Have you set up your htaccess password file?

http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/password/

Hey guys

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I can get Emby to work with my reverse proxy that has htaccess set up. I can't figure out a way to put in a username and password (I tried username:password@url).

Any suggestions?

Not sure what you mean. htaccess is going to use its own user and password list, not related to emby in any way. Have you set up your htaccess password file?

http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/password/

Sorry I totally missed an important piece of info. I'm trying to get it to work on the Emby Android mobile app. It works fine in a web browser.

It's the ffmpeg version that emby uses vs the one plex uses. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought plex just reports it is using HW accel and not specifically which one and I don't think it works well in a docker, as I walked a user through the process on linuxsever.io's IRC channel and he was able to do it but it's a lot of work and too many moving parts to get it not to collide with the base os or other containers. I will ask the user.if anything has changed for plex, but I doubt it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All...

UnRaid - 6.3.1

I just moved to Emby and it is seems that the Docker file is downloading ver Version 3.2.0.0 and the current is 3.2.1.  It says on the main server screen to shut down and upgrade manually.   Why is the current version not in the repository?  (emby/embyserver)

I also thought auto update would have taken care of it over night.  No?   Even clicking on check for upgrades in UnRaid for the docker says it is current.

So, how do I go about updating it?  I usually do not have such an issue on the repository and/or auto updates.  If I click on the message it just brings me to the Emby site for downloads and shows command lines.  So I did what it said...

docker run -it --rm -v /usr/local/bin:/target emby/embyserver instl

...but no idea what it actually did as it did not do an upgrade.  (Do I now need to remove anything inside UnRaid?)

So I then reinstalled the docker just in case.

40 minutes ago, David Bott said:

But I would think the Auto Update built into Emby would also deal with it.  It has been 12 days from the last release.   

It does, you have to turn those features on. Update has been publish. Please always refer to the wiki for info https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Build#unraid-automatic-upgrades

17 minutes ago, ice pube said:

It does not, not with this docker. 

Not true.

23 minutes ago, hurricanehrndz said:

It does, you have to turn those features on. Update has been publish. Please always refer to the wiki for info https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Build#unraid-automatic-upgrades

Not true.

Thank you kindly.  I would have thought that it would have auto updated within it's own settings.  I have run that command to add it to CRON and have added it also to the Go file.

46 minutes ago, hurricanehrndz said:

Not true.

Please note...It seems that the docker template container name is not set to be emby-server, it is set to be EmbyServer.  As such, the command in the referenced link is not correct.  It should be...

echo "0 2 * * * docker exec EmbyServer update" | sudo tee -a /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root

I just reverified by pulling the template again and it was set for EmbyServer.  (Unless I am totally missing something.)

screenshot_1483.png

Edited by David Bott
  • 4 weeks later...

Is anyone else having issues with this docker?  I have been using it ~2 years and now it is stuck on 3.2.5, Emby keeps spamming me that 3.2.8 is available.  Docker shows up to date in my docker manager:

Tried both of these to no avail as well.

Edited by itsrumsey
3 hours ago, itsrumsey said:

Tried both of these to no avail as well.

Two options. Wait until tomorrow, as long as your server is left on overnight it will be updated, or run just the

docker exec EmbyServer update

part of the command at the console prompt if you don't want to wait.

My issue is getting LIbrary setup, cannot use UNC paths, it shows me my disks (1-7) instead of shares and when I pick a disk and go to the share it only gets a handful of the items on the share and not all of them.  I have the Media share set to split directories as needed so I assume media as spread across the 7 disks. Is this my issue?  Why is not allowing UNC paths even though it says you can use them?

Just now, whwunraid said:

My issue is getting LIbrary setup, cannot use UNC paths, it shows me my disks (1-7) instead of shares and when I pick a disk and go to the share it only gets a handful of the items on the share and not all of them.  I have the Media share set to split directories as needed so I assume media as spread across the 7 disks. Is this my issue?  Why is not allowing UNC paths even though it says you can use them?

I don't user this container, but it sounds like you're using a host path of /mnt.  In which case, all of your shares will be within the user folder combining all of the files on the various disks.

Generally, to utilize a share on another system, you would first mount that share with Unassigned Devices plugin, and then pass through a mapping to it.

On 21/03/2017 at 7:30 PM, Squid said:

Generally, to utilize a share on another system, you would first mount that share with Unassigned Devices plugin, and then pass through a mapping to it.

Hi sorry to intrude... i have managed to mount a share from another unraid on my network but how do i pass through the mapping to EMBY?....

Hi,

Not sure if this has been covered, but it seems like Emby on Android Mobile devices is currently broken for Emby servers inside Docker. Any thing being played direct works without issue, while any file that is transcoded never loads. A grey screen loads up and then nothing else happens. Not frozen though, as you can gracefully exit.

Happens with external as well as internal player.

Here's a thread discussing the problem.

There are a bunch of Emby server logs in the above mentioned thread. Also, it appears like someone in the thread does have the answer:

Marking this as solved, ffmpeg is the culprit in my testing.

Updating the docker to use the most recent git build has resolved my issue(s).

For those running the docker (such as the OP), you can run the following command in SSH to update it within the container.

docker exec -it emby-server bash -c 'zypper --non-interactive in curl; \                                                                                                                                        ⏎
curl -sL https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/builds/ffmpeg-git-64bit-static.tar.xz | \
tar -C /bin --extract -J --wildcards "*/ffmpeg" --wildcards "*/ffprobe" --strip-components=1'

I changed "emby-server" to my container ID, you could also likely use the correct syntax for Emby-server:beta or whatever it is named.

Found this info in the Linux/docker thread.  

Should I go ahead and run the command, or is this something that is getting worked on?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...