New Emby Docker

15 hours ago, Plunky said:

Hi All, 

My emby docker keeps stopping itself, other docker are running OK.

Rebooted my Unraid server  but still happening. Lasts between 5 minutes to 15 minutes before it stops again.

I can start it up again manually but it will eventually top itself again.

Thanks in advance.

I started a post over on the Emby forums if anyone else has the same issue:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/61241-unraid-emby-server-issues/?p=603060

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Joseph said:

Does anyone know how to do this "vacuum" in unraid or the unraid console? It looks like you need sqlite3 but I have no idea where to get it much less how to install it on unraid. Thanks.

HOWTO: Periodically clean up and reindex Emby Library.db

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60715-howto-periodically-clean-up-and-reindex-emby-librarydb/

This would probably need to be built into the emby docker, not the unraid system.

5 hours ago, Joseph said:

Does anyone know how to do this "vacuum" in unraid or the unraid console? It looks like you need sqlite3 but I have no idea where to get it much less how to install it on unraid. Thanks.

HOWTO: Periodically clean up and reindex Emby Library.db

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60715-howto-periodically-clean-up-and-reindex-emby-librarydb/

Thanks! I just shrank my library.db file from 588MB to 477MB.  I constantly delete and re-add files, for various reasons, so Im sure the DB was quite a mess.

Download SQLlite3 (for windows) from here:  https://www.sqlite.org/2018/sqlite-tools-win32-x86-3240000.zip

Then run these commands from a Windows box (AFTER you have stopped Emby and backed up the library.db file):

c:\support\sqlite-tools-win32-x86-3240000\sqlite3.exe \\nas\cache\appdata\docker-embyserver\data\library.db "VACUUM"
c:\support\sqlite-tools-win32-x86-3240000\sqlite3.exe \\nas\cache\appdata\docker-embyserver\data\library.db "ANALYZE"
c:\support\sqlite-tools-win32-x86-3240000\sqlite3.exe \\nas\cache\appdata\docker-embyserver\data\library.db "REINDEX"

You will likely need to change the path.

The restart the Emby Docker.

Edited by StevenD
On 9/6/2018 at 7:46 PM, StevenD said:

Download SQLlite3 (for windows) from here:  https://www.sqlite.org/2018/sqlite-tools-win32-x86-3240000.zip

Then run these commands from a Windows box (AFTER you have stopped Emby and backed up the library.db file):

Ok, so I tried this last night. Not only did I back up the library.db file, but I also copied it to another location, ran the commands (which shaved about 100M) and then copied the new file back in place. After doing that, Emby would no longer launch. So, I put the old library.db file back in place and Emby launched ok. Thoughts from anyone as to why Emby doesn't like the vacuumed library.db?

6 hours ago, Joseph said:

Ok, so I tried this last night. Not only did I back up the library.db file, but I also copied it to another location, ran the commands (which shaved about 100M) and then copied the new file back in place. After doing that, Emby would no longer launch. So, I put the old library.db file back in place and Emby launched ok. Thoughts from anyone as to why Emby doesn't like the vacuumed library.db?

I dont claim to know how sqllite3 works, nor do I know how the Emby DB works.  However, there are two more files....library.db-shm and library.db-wal.  They all have the same date on them, so I would assume they are related.

I would recommend backing up all three of those files, then running the command, pointing at the unraid appdata share.  I bet it failed because you were missing the other two files.

1 hour ago, StevenD said:

I dont claim to know how sqllite3 works, nor do I know how the Emby DB works.  However, there are two more files....library.db-shm and library.db-wal.  They all have the same date on them, so I would assume they are related.

I would recommend backing up all three of those files, then running the command, pointing at the unraid appdata share.  I bet it failed because you were missing the other two files.

I'll give that a shot.... I should probably just backup the entire appdata folder as its been awhile since I've done that.

On 9/8/2018 at 4:26 PM, StevenD said:

I'll give that a shot.... I should probably just backup the entire appdata folder as its been awhile since I've done that.

UPDATE: Took way too long to copy the 50GB appdata folder to an SSD. Also, I found a page on the EMBY site as to why Emby was crashing on search. Turns out, according to Luke the EMBY admin, the two choices to fix the crashing are:

* Remove your music library, run a library scan, then add the music library back
* Use a database editing tool to remove or update the saved audiodb urls

I was unable to run the VACCUM cleaner successfully until I performed one of the two above (I used the first method.) If you want to use the 2nd one, you can follow the instructions from evil_beast666 found here in this discussion:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/61373-emby-server-crashes-when-using-search/

After removing the music library and adding it back, I still had to copy the library.db folder to another directory to get the VACCUM commands to work. [I think I have permission issues in my appdata folder and I'm not sure what to do... if anything at all.] However, this time when I put the file back in the appdata folder EMBY launched ok with the smaller library file. I ran a library scan just to make sure. No crashes as of yet, and everything seems to be "working", but sadly, I don't think I'm seeing any performance improvements... in fact search seems to take longer for some reason.

Edited by Joseph
1 hour ago, ElectricBadger said:

My Emby container keeps crashing. I've reported the issue over on the Emby forums — but I have autostart set to ON for that container. Should it not restart itself automatically after a crash? 

(If that's not what the autostart switch does — is there a way to configure a container to always be running in unRAID?)

Are you sure its up to date?  Mine was crashing daily a couple of updates ago.  Its been rock solid for a while now. 

19 hours ago, StevenD said:

Are you sure its up to date?  Mine was crashing daily a couple of updates ago.  Its been rock solid for a while now. 

Yup, I force updated it.

It's not the music library issue that everybody was happening as I never configured it for music in the first place. It seems to be crashing when trying to process a particular .ogm file.

• 1 month later...

hey ya - i am just new to unraid. i wanna install my emby docker and i dont know if i should go for uid 2 and gid 2 as the docker suggests or i should go for uid 99, gid 100 as the binhex emby container suggests?

furthermore i havent found a tutorial how i can use my iGPU from the i7700 for hardware transcoding? and should i leave the standard docker settings (folder) for transcoding or should i go for a dedicated folder?

thank u in advance

• 1 month later...