New Emby Docker

Hi,

Switched to Emby from Plex. I like their design concepts a little better, Plex has been a little glitchy as of late. I already bought a lifetime license a few years ago., so going to try again.  The issue I have is I would like to offer Emby remotely to a couple people.  What is the easiest way to get SSL working with it? I have Let's Encrypt on the server for local network connections. Anyway to incorporate that into Emby? 

Thanks

Sure, if you're using LSIO's let's encrypt container which also has nginx you could just reverse proxy emby. All you need is either an own domain name or a free dynamic DNS service like duckdns. It's pretty easy to set up.

Or you can also check out the new container by @Djoss nginx proxy manager which is supposed to be even easier to set up. If you're not comfortable with reverse proxy there is a way to set up just SSL with your LE certificate, but I couldn't tell you how to do it. I know I've seen it somewhere on google though.

3 minutes ago, strike said:

Sure, if you're using LSIO's let's encrypt container which also has nginx you could just reverse proxy emby. All you need is either an own domain name or a free dynamic DNS service like duckdns. It's pretty easy to set up.

Or you can also check out the new container by @Djoss nginx proxy manager which is supposed to be even easier to set up. If you're not comfortable with reverse proxy there is a way to set up just SSL with your LE certificate, but I couldn't tell you how to do it. I know I've seen it somewhere on google though.

I have the linuxserver/letsencrypt docker of Let's Encrypt.  I was just reading about the nginx proxy manager. It suppose to be pretty easy. Might give that ago. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

17 hours ago, Badboy said:
I have the linuxserver/letsencrypt docker of Let's Encrypt.  I was just reading about the nginx proxy manager. It suppose to be pretty easy. Might give that ago. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

I just forward port 8920 to my let's encrypt docker and added this to the nginx default site

### Emby Server Configuration

server {
        listen 8920 ssl http2;
        server_name dynamic_server.com;

ssl on;

ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;
        ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;
        ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;

ssl_ciphers ECDH+AESGCM:ECDH+AES256:ECDH+AES128:DH+3DES:!ADH:!AECDH:!MD5;
        ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
        ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;
        ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;
        ssl_session_timeout 5m;
        add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=31536000" always;

server_tokens off;

proxy_ssl_verify off;
        proxy_ssl_session_reuse on;
        proxy_ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;
        proxy_cache off;
        proxy_store off;

location / {
            proxy_pass https://emby_ip_address:8920;
            include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
            # proxy_set_header Host $host;
            # proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
            proxy_intercept_errors  on;
            proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
            proxy_set_header Connection "Upgrade";
        }
}

### End Emby Server Configuration

I added the path /mnt/cache/appdata/letsencrypt/keys/letsencrypt/ to /keys in the Emby docker and under Advanced settings/custom ssl certificate I added /keys/privkey.pfx. I also added the Emby logs path to the letsencrypt docker, then added a filter to fail2ban for Emby

Edited by dmacias
3 minutes ago, dmacias said:

I just forward port 8920 to my let's encrypt docker and added this to the nginx default site

### Emby Server Configurationserver {       listen 8920 ssl http2;       server_name father.onthewifi.com;       ssl on;       ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;       ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;       ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;       ssl_ciphers ECDH+AESGCM:ECDH+AES256:ECDH+AES128:DH+3DES:!ADH:!AECDH:!MD5;       ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;       ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;       ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;       ssl_session_timeout 5m;       add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=31536000" always;       server_tokens off;       proxy_ssl_verify off;       proxy_ssl_session_reuse on;       proxy_ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;       proxy_cache off;       proxy_store off;       location / {           proxy_pass https://192.168.60.86:8920;           include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;           # proxy_set_header Host $host;           # proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;           proxy_intercept_errors  on;           proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;           proxy_set_header Connection "Upgrade";       }}### End Emby Server Configuration

I added the path /mnt/cache/appdata/letsencrypt/keys/letsencrypt/ to /keys in the Emby docker and under Advanced settings/custom ssl certificate I added /keys/privkey.pfx. I also added the Emby logs path to the letsencrypt docker, then added a filter to fail2ban for Emby

Thank you, go grab a domain and give it a go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, is there a way to downgrade to the old version(Before 4.xxxx)? This new dumpster fire of an update is crap and I would like to go back to the old version.

Transcoding is locked to premium users and the view for mixed content is messed up so it shows all newly added episodes of a tv-series instead of grouping it up.  Like this: 

6CPutyP.png

I use mixed content since I want Cartoon series and Movies and Animations to share the same library.

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing with this the other day and was accessing it through my reverse proxy. Under NO circumstances could I get it to REQUIRE me logged in. Didn't matter what device, I went to its HTTP address and was instantly on dashboard with ADMIN rights to add/delete at will. Does the update that I see today address or fix that issue? I had one account, admin account, and it DOES have a password. Ideas?

33 minutes ago, buzzra said:

Is there anyway to see what changes are in each of these docker updates? I have done all of them, and the version number on the server management dashboard has not changed since v4.0.1.0. 

buzz

Remember that a docker is a sort of mini virtual machine, much of the updates are to keep the base OS inside the container up to date.

On 2/7/2019 at 1:47 PM, jonathanm said:

Remember that a docker is a sort of mini virtual machine, much of the updates are to keep the base OS inside the container up to date.

I understand that, but you didn't answer the question. I would still like to see a change log of what was updated. Does such a thing exist, and if not, why?

buzz

3 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

It's an enormous amount of work to log each change, it's just not feasible.  @BRiT Unless you want to volunteer to do ours matey? 😜

Of course not. I'm a Lazy Dev. I forget that not many folks around this forum is aware of that knee-jerk reaction joke. It shows up all the time on the graphical/game related forums.

Frankly, developers' time is better spent developing than it is documenting, unless it's a fundamental breaking change that requires manual steps to adjust.

Of course not. I'm a Lazy Dev. I forget that not many folks around this forum is aware of that knee-jerk reaction joke. It shows up all the time on the graphical/game related forums.

Frankly, developers' time is better spent developing than it is documenting, unless it's a fundamental breaking change that requires manual steps to adjust.
Oh I got the joke, meant to quote the person above, although my offer stands@BRiT I'd love to work with you!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

WARNING!!!!!

I am Premiere Lifetime Member and I went into Emby Version 4.0.2.0 and went into Movies in my web browser.  In looking at the list of movies I had seen a lot of cover art was not showing up for some reason.  So I went back one screen and I clicked on the 3 dots and selected Refresh Metadata and selected to REPLACE ALL METADATA and checked the box to Replace all the Images. At that point it just went through and deleted everything!  GONE!  Nothing!  All deleted! 

Posted on the Emby site about this and this was the reply...

"Ok it looks like you did actually use the delete media function, and for whatever reason it may have gone up an extra level when deleting the movie folder. I will have to add more logging to confirm this. I believe we have noticed this issue being associated with the database upgrade from 3.5, but it does not occur on newly created libraries. It is already resolved for the next release so that it will not happen again. I apologize for the disruption.   Luke"

Over 1000 movies GONE!  Seeing that unRAID has NO WAY to recover deleted files....Emby just toasted me! (Along with unRAID not having a snapshot backup system and being just parity. I have been a unRAIND user for a very long time.  First time I lost everything.  Now I am looking for a solution that could have saved me with such a large BUG. 

screenshot_2310.thumb.png.fca10c1cc461daa96ba903b33617db7f.png

I am sorry to hear about this but it is not an unRAID issue. You should have backups of your data for situations like this, you cannot blame unRAID. Sure it would be nice if unRAID had snapshot capability but you are aware it does not, so you can't rely on it. I have close to 10,000 movies in my collection and I have them on two different servers and backed up to a third that I keep offline. I realize not everyone can afford to to do this, but if your data is important to you, then you have to think about a backup strategy. Perhaps it is also time to look at Plex unless you don't like it, I have been using it for years without issues.

5 minutes ago, David Bott said:

Seeing that unRAID has NO WAY to recover deleted files....Emby just toasted me! (Along with unRAID not having a snapshot backup system and being just parity.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but what you're saying is simply not true. Unraid can perfectly recover deleted files IF you have the recycle bin plugin installed and running. Also, unraid does have snapshot capability, you just have to use BTRFS, then you can snapshot all you want.

And if you're a regular user of this forum you should have seen users mention over and over again that Unraid IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR BACKUPS.

Now, that being said you might be lucky and MAYBE can recover your files. MAYBE... Several users have accidentally deleted files and been able to recover them using UFS explorer: https://www.ufsexplorer.com/ this is probably your best bet.