New Emby Docker

• 1 month later...

I used the Space invader guide to install and setup the docker long time ago, but now I keep getting 

image.png.52a98207cef163f869f63a1f8d9c0a0c.png

And I have to setup things from scratch again..... every time I add the --runtime=nvidia I get this (Worked 100% before so maybee a update?)

I have my media for meta data on a unassigned drive maybee this is now a problem?

So I was wondering is more people on Unraid using the Linuxserver docker for Emby?

Is it more stable?

3 hours ago, casperse said:

I used the Space invader guide to install and setup the docker long time ago, but now I keep getting 

And I have to setup things from scratch again..... every time I add the --runtime=nvidia I get this (Worked 100% before so maybee a update?)

I have my media for meta data on a unassigned drive maybee this is now a problem?

So I was wondering is more people on Unraid using the Linuxserver docker for Emby?

Is it more stable?

The Emby one is perfectly stable for me. What version unRAID? Did you install the nvidia plugin?

7 hours ago, casperse said:

Is it more stable?

I'm not sure the Emby official container will work with the Nvidia stuff, we made our container specifically with the Unraid Nvidia stuff in mind.

On 2/2/2020 at 11:30 PM, CHBMB said:

I'm not sure the Emby official container will work with the Nvidia stuff, we made our container specifically with the Unraid Nvidia stuff in mind.

Both will work - Space invaders video was for the Emby docker not the linuxserver one and he used the Nvidia stuff

Anyway I will experiment and see how things work out 

Edited by casperse
Both will work - Space invaders video was for the Emby docker not the linuxserver one and he used the Nvidia stuff
Anyway I will experiment and see how things work out 
Fair enough. I might have been thinking about the Intel stuff or something else, I can't really remember, could have been Jellyfin as well. Dunno.....
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, SLNetworks said:

I get the Forbidden page, loss of content folders, and the unicorn ring of death (as it seems to become unresponsive) when it shows up.

I updated my docker container and it's running Server version 4.4.0.40 and All Is Fine. No issues at all.

If you don't want to troubleshoot a lot - stick to the latest stable release 4.4.0.40

HW accelerated transcoding has been there since 4.0.0.0, but its a premium feature ( you need  to subscribe )

I'm not too sure about Radeon cards, but Quadros do work , though I am only using Intel iGPU for this as its cheap and more than good enough for me

FYI I'm on a Mini-ITX board and have a HBA installed so can't even install a GPU

• Thanks 1

Unraid 6.8.3 and Emby 4.4.0.40

Both have been flawless for a year.

My latest MKV rip "Direct Plays" to my Roku TV where all of my other MKVs (1080p H264 & VC1) transcode and the server stays ahead of it easily.

This "Direct Playing" MKV will start but then stop anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes in.  Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I feel a little stupid asking this but here goes... I have been off the site for quite a while.  I just upgraded from .6.5.3 to the newest version of unraid.  I've always been using Embyserver, currently on version 4.4.2.  After upgrading to the newest version of unraid, emby won't allow me to login as appuser.  When I click on the support link for server it takes me to this thread.  I'm guessing this is the correct forum from what I'm reading...

When I upgraded the server, emby did restart and worked.  Today when i noticed I couldn't login to the server, I tried stopping the docker and restarting.  Emby server now won't start.  It gives me error 403...

Would anyone be kind enough to provide some assistance?

Edited by DigitalDivide

Emby logs just show this repeating

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

e":"open /var/lib/docker/containers/5aba6310c42f739d5a06997294306aa75a51c259e2c87ac8dc596297c9b22e93/5aba6310c42f739d5a06997294306aa75a51c259e2c87ac8dc596297c9b22e93-json.log: read-only file system"}
e":"open /var/lib/docker/containers/5aba6310c42f739d5a06997294306aa75a51c259e2c87ac8dc596297c9b22e93/5aba6310c42f739d5a06997294306aa75a51c259e2c87ac8dc596297c9b22e93-json.log: read-only file system"}
e":"open /var/lib/doc

I ended up stopping the array and restarted it.  Emby server started up but when I try to acess the webgui I get "Emby Server is loading. Please try again shortly."  After 15min it still gives me the same thing...

Edited by DigitalDivide