New Emby Docker

For any of those interested, and haven't done so themselves, I took jonp idea of Plex Transcoding and applied the same idea to Emby. I added container volume /transcode to /tmp/emby host path for Dockers Volume mappings. Afterwards I then had to:

[*]ssh into my unRAID: #: chown nobody:nobody /tmp/emby

[*]open Emby webui >> go to: /web/encodingsettings.html

[*]change "Transcode temporary path " to: /transcode

Note: one downside, if you reboot unRAID the /tmp/emby folder's ownership changes to root, so you have to go in and change ownership back to nobody.

#edited for better grammar#

For any of those interested, and haven't done so themselves, I took jonp idea of Plex Transcoding and applied the same idea to Emby. I added container volume /transcode to /tmp/emby host path for Dockers Volume mappings. Afterwards I then had to:

Note: one downside, if you reboot unRAID the /tmp/emby folder's ownership changes to root, so you have to go in and change ownership back to nobody.

thats awesome, had no idea that was possible. is there some bash script that can be run from within the emby docker, when emby starts up, to change the folder ownership? Or can that only be done directly through ssh into unraid? Be nice if there was a way around having to manually reset ownership every reboot

thats awesome, had no idea that was possible. is there some bash script that can be run from within the emby docker, when emby starts up, to change the folder ownership? Or can that only be done directly through ssh into unraid? Be nice if there was a way around having to manually reset ownership every reboot

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37553.msg464793#msg464793

is the go file something that gets overwritten during unraid upgrades?

Just edit the go file and add the following to it.

chown nobody:nobody /tmp/emby

Then when the system boots up it will perform that action on the folder eliminating the need to go in each time and reboot.

In addition, it is worth noting that you should keep an eye on what you put into the go file as when you upgrade to future versions it can have impacting effects. I always restore my default go file before upgrading, upgrade then re-apply.

Then when the system boots up it will perform that action on the folder eliminating the need to go in each time and reboot.

In addition, it is worth noting that you should keep an eye on what you put into the go file as when you upgrade to future versions it can have impacting effects. I always restore my default go file before upgrading, upgrade then re-apply.

folder doesn't exist until the docker restarts and without wait commands in go prior to issuing the chown, the command will fail.  Hence why my linked post has a mkdir -p /tmp/emby in it first

folder doesn't exist until the docker restarts and without wait commands in go prior to issuing the chown, the command will fail.  Hence why my linked post has a mkdir -p /tmp/emby in it first

Ah, now I get it. Couldn't he just create it from the go file too and set the permissions?

Ah, now I get it. Couldn't he just create it from the go file too and set the permissions?

yeah....

And the linked post is:

#Edit: hopefully this is useful to people.#

This can be corrected in the Go file so it "appears" to be persistent on reboot.

Sorry for being obtuse, I still consider myself an "end user" making my way towards "power-user." Can you, or someone in the community, point me to either the Go file, or to the link of documentation which outlines the Go file (so I can RTFM)?  I'm assuming the go file is something other then rc.d scripts?

/config/go on your flash drive (/boot/config/go)

Standard bash script.  I guess you would wind up adding these commands to it

mkdir -p /tmp/emby

yeah....

And the linked post is:

#Edit: hopefully this is useful to people.#

This can be corrected in the Go file so it "appears" to be persistent on reboot.

Sorry for being obtuse, I still consider myself an "end user" making my way towards "power-user." Can you, or someone in the community, point me to either the Go file, or to the link of documentation which outlines the Go file (so I can RTFM)?  I'm assuming the go file is something other then rc.d scripts?

/config/go on your flash drive (/boot/config/go)

Standard bash script.  I guess you would wind up adding these commands to it

mkdir -p /tmp/emby

Oh, I am sorry. RTFP Daniel! My only excuse is I am self medicating pain still!

If I could I would Giggle!

Hi There,

I am trying to get Emby working and I've managed to add and start the emby docker container. I can get to config page, but I cannot for the life of me work out how to add the media folders. I have tried using a standard unc (\\192.168.1.x\movies) and browsing to the "Network" option, but I keep getting an error popup at the bottom that says it can't connect.

So how do I add the media? And in such a way that the kodi addon will work with it?

Is there a howto somewhere that has all the steps on how to install the emby docker on unRAID and configure it?

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you set the permissions for the metadata that Emby downloads? It's currently 0644, which causes issues.

What issues are you reffering to?

SMB client can't move or delete the files until permissions are changed to 0666.

Hi Just wanted to ask about this, I have the same issue, meta data / images downloaded can't be moved or deleted. This is something being looked into? It's not a major deal as I don't really delete stuff or move it. (I guess if I do I use MC or FileZilla) In SAB and CP / SONARR you have the option to change file permissions.

Thanks,

There are no specific setting within emby for permissions. When a process/user creates a  file the owner of those files will be the uid and gid of the process/user. By default the emby docker is run with Uid 99 and Gid 100 which is unraid default uid and gid for shares. So by default users should be able to delete and rename files. If you are securing your shares in any way you will need to adjust things. Hope this clarifies things for you

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks,

Images / nfo created in the main movie folder have file permission 644 seems I can change those

The extrafanart folder has permission 755, I can rename the folder, but cant cut/move it. Cant do anything to the images inside it (they are 644 but seem to be locked down for rename / delete / cut)

Well that's is what is supposed to be since by default the shares are shared as user nobody and group users. If you can not delete or edit files you must be using some sort security feature on the shares. What exactly are you trying to do, and how are you accessing the shares username and passwords

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I have full access to the shares with my user login via windows. The share is secure and guests are read only so no one moves files instead of copy when grabbing files from me. My user has full access.

I'm getting the file access info from file zilla in case you are wondering how i am getting the info.

I had same issues with Sab, sonarr and cp. they have folder / file permission settings to change to 666/777 as needed.

its not really an issue. Any modifications I do to the images I run in Emby and its working fine. It's only if I want to move the movie folder to another share that I run into problems.