New Emby Docker

Euh do i need this new docker? Not sure which one i have, but the docker im using now is still on emby server 3.0.62 and the app says theres new server version 3.0.82

Then when i click to update the docker, it says i got latest version? Strange

I also experience problems using 2 kodi machines.. Library isnt synced.

When i turn on device 1 , it rscans complete library, although max 5 new titles. Same if i turn on device 2 , it rescans completely :(

Help wanted pls

Updates are to a user discretion. Please see above about the discussion on updates. In short, docker hub has been very unreliable of late.

In terms of Kodi, I'm assuming you are inquiring about syncing via the plugin. This thread is to discuss specific issues regarding the container, not the functionality of emby. It would be best if you direct your inquiry of syncing to the plugin developers on the emby forums.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to Emby and have a question about update. I read the above posts about docker hub issues and I don't know if it's the same issue since I don't have enough Emby experience.

I'm currently seeing:

Version 3.0.8300.0

A new version of Emby Server is available!

Version 3.0.8400 is now available for download.

Please shutdown the server and update manually.

With Restart and Shutdown buttons at the bottom.

I've clicked on Restart but the update didn't happen so. From the Docker page of unRAID's UI, I've also clicked on Check for updates and it's telling me all dockers are fine.

Am I suppose to update manually as the notice indicates? Where will I get instructions for that?

Or is this the docker hub issue and auto-update will happen eventually and I should leave this alone?

I'm new to Emby and have a question about update. I read the above posts about docker hub issues and I don't know if it's the same issue since I don't have enough Emby experience.

I'm currently seeing:

Version 3.0.8300.0

A new version of Emby Server is available!

Version 3.0.8400 is now available for download.

Please shutdown the server and update manually.

With Restart and Shutdown buttons at the bottom.

I've clicked on Restart but the update didn't happen so. From the Docker page of unRAID's UI, I've also clicked on Check for updates and it's telling me all dockers are fine.

Am I suppose to update manually as the notice indicates? Where will I get instructions for that?

Or is this the docker hub issue and auto-update will happen eventually and I should leave this alone?

I've had this the other day as well.. no docker update and emby kept telling me to update manually..

I ran this on the command line and it updated fine:

docker exec EmbyServer update

The readme has instruction to update via command line but I would never have known to use that in this instance since I didn't know if I was experiencing the docker update error and CA reports all dockers are up to date.

Also, I looked on docker hub here https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver/ when you suggested I check and confirm with the build logs.

The closest thing I found was the Build Details tab and I found this: https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver/builds/bwpnuzq3qvdelxtvfvkevn5/ but didn't find what would look like an Emby version number. Clicking on the Github link brought me to Github where the latest commit was 9 months ago.

So what else was a 10-day unRAID amateur suppose to do? But I'm glad Msan experienced the same thing and made that suggestion, seems like that's the point of having a forum!

I've had this the other day as well.. no docker update and emby kept telling me to update manually..

I ran this on the command line and it updated fine:

docker exec EmbyServer update

Thank you, that did the trick, I'll have to remember that!

Had a similar issue with server version 3.0.8300.0 and the update to 3.0.8400.0.  Anyway, just a couple of points for anyone upgrading via command line.  Docker must be running and the update takes significantly longer than you'd expect if comparing it to an update via the gui.  Worked well though...just be patient.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm ok. Sorry I'm asking questions that might be very obvious to you, I must not know how to read the information on Docker Hub.

My Emby is at Version 3.0.8500.0.

But I don't see a similar versioning on the Docker Hub and in unRAID's Docker panel.

What should I look for so I can compare in future and know the version numbers on Docker Hub and unRAID's Docker panel?

Like right now I don't know if I should update from unRAID's Docker panel, and if I click on update, I don't know what I would be updating to.

Hmmm ok. Sorry I'm asking questions that might be very obvious to you, I must not know how to read the information on Docker Hub.

But I don't see a similar versioning on the Docker Hub and in unRAID's Docker panel.

What should I look for so I can compare in future and know the version numbers on Docker Hub and unRAID's Docker panel?

Like right now I don't know if I should update from unRAID's Docker panel, and if I click on update, I don't know what I would be updating to.

If you click update, i don't think it will do anything

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

They're tagged releases, so you can use the tag like this:  Change latest to dev or beta if you'd prefer to use a different version

B0oZG3P.png

Here tells you what version each is on,