New Emby Docker


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CS01-HS said:

 

I've never seen a file that size. Mine are few MB each. The large size suggests it's being continuously written to in which case my script deleting it may cause whatever's writing it to fail...

From what I have read, its not transcoding media files, but Live TV fails to close the stream after you stop Live TV or even close the client. The devs have been working on it for quite some time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 12:46 PM, CS01-HS said:

Emby doesn't intelligently manage temporary transcoding files and can fill your drive in some scenarios.

 

For anyone following my earlier instructions I've switched to using /dev/shm/ as the transcode directory. I think there may be a timing issue where the container tries to access the tmpfs before it's created which obviously caused problems. Referencing a permanent directory (/dev/shm/) avoids that. So far so good.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!
I have Emby running, use swag (nginx) as reverse proxy and Authelia as 2FA. I can access it via my localip:8096, but when I sign in by my subdomain, although Authelia doesn't give me a problem, when it redirects I get a 502 bad gateway error. In the nginx log I see this:

2021/03/08 15:36:07 [error] 510#510: *209 emby could not be resolved (3: Host not found) while sending to client, client: 94.247.177.39, server: emby.*, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "emby.myusername.com", referrer: "https://emby.myusername.com/authelia/2fa/push-notification?rd=https%3A%2F%2Femby.myusername.com%2F"
2021/03/08 15:36:07 [error] 510#510: *209 emby could not be resolved (3: Host not found) while sending to client, client: 94.247.177.39, server: emby.*, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", host: "emby.myusername.com", referrer: "https://emby.myusername.com/"

I'm sure I broke something after adding Authelia, but I don't know what to fix or what's missing.
 

emby.subdomain.conf

Link to comment
18 hours ago, MsDarkDiva said:

Hi!
I have Emby running, use swag (nginx) as reverse proxy and Authelia as 2FA. I can access it via my localip:8096, but when I sign in by my subdomain, although Authelia doesn't give me a problem, when it redirects I get a 502 bad gateway error. In the nginx log I see this:

2021/03/08 15:36:07 [error] 510#510: *209 emby could not be resolved (3: Host not found) while sending to client, client: 94.247.177.39, server: emby.*, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "emby.myusername.com", referrer: "https://emby.myusername.com/authelia/2fa/push-notification?rd=https%3A%2F%2Femby.myusername.com%2F"
2021/03/08 15:36:07 [error] 510#510: *209 emby could not be resolved (3: Host not found) while sending to client, client: 94.247.177.39, server: emby.*, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", host: "emby.myusername.com", referrer: "https://emby.myusername.com/"

I'm sure I broke something after adding Authelia, but I don't know what to fix or what's missing.
 

emby.subdomain.conf 1.88 kB · 0 downloads

 

Nevermind! I tinkered for a while and finally got it working. Thanks anyway.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there, is this broken in Unraid 6.9.1?  I've been using it for years but after the last Unraid update the docker just will not stay up.    Looking at the logs, it all works fine until..

 

Info App: All entry points have started
libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
Aborted
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
Aborted
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Link to comment
49 minutes ago, voodood said:

Hi there, is this broken in Unraid 6.9.1?  I've been using it for years but after the last Unraid update the docker just will not stay up.    Looking at the logs, it all works fine until..

 

Info App: All entry points have started
libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
Aborted
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
Aborted
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

 

Are you running embyserver:beta ?

I got the same error but only with the latest beta (4.6.0.34)

 

You can wait for a fix or specify the previous beta in Repository: emby/embyserver:4.6.0.33

  • Like 2
Link to comment
12 hours ago, CS01-HS said:

 

Are you running embyserver:beta ?

I got the same error but only with the latest beta (4.6.0.34)

 

You can wait for a fix or specify the previous beta in Repository: emby/embyserver:4.6.0.33

Yep, that was it.   I switched to the non beta version to get it working again but have just done this and it's working fine again.   Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, sittingmongoose said:

Has anyone gotta intel igpu working with emby on 6.9.1?  I have tried for two days but cant seem to get it to work.  Nvidia works fine though.

Working here. How did you try to enable it?

 

In 6.9.1 just run "touch /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf" from shell, remove old lines for this gpu from your go file, and reboot. The usual extra parameters should be in your Emby docker config.

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Rick Gillyon said:

Working here. How did you try to enable it?

 

In 6.9.1 just run "touch /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf" from shell, remove old lines for this gpu from your go file, and reboot. The usual extra parameters should be in your Emby docker config.

Yea I did all that :/ kinda stumped.  When you say touch from shell, you mean just from unraid terminal?  Or within the docker.

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

Emby Server do not render HDR, but faded colors. With both Apple TV, and LG app on the tele.  "Enable HDR tone mapping" is suggested by some on the Emby forum, but no such setting inside Emby Server. 

 

Any ideas?

Link to comment
3 hours ago, frodr said:

Emby Server do not render HDR, but faded colors. With both Apple TV, and LG app on the tele.  "Enable HDR tone mapping" is suggested by some on the Emby forum, but no such setting inside Emby Server. 

 

Any ideas?

 

It's in the beta. Switch your repository to emby/embyserver:beta or wait for the next release.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

Emby has been great on my low power J4105 system for two years but has become very slow on transcoding lately.  I'm not sure if it's due to upgrading to 6.9.x or what.

 

So I signed up for Premiere to use Intel Quicksync.  I had to switch to the Beta version but so far so good.

 

I did try to set my transcode directory to /dev/shm/ and that worked fine until it got full.  So now I need to switch it back to the cache drive but cannot remember what it was.  What does the docker need to be to use the cache drive?  Also what is the container path for Emby?  I swear I've looked for this but cannot find it.  Thanks

Link to comment
17 hours ago, ur6969 said:

This is what I can't remember.  I currently have it on /mnt/cache/emby and it seems to work.  Is that an ok spot?

may post a screenshot from your mapped window, something like this where you configured your cache drive

 

image.png.c17ab89433ba237804e0e90c47ee1e60.png

Link to comment
  • 2 months later...

I'm wondering if something recently broke in terms of viewing photos? For some reason Emby is no longer view the jpgs in my photos folder. It was last working a few weeks ago...as far as I recall. I checked the docker config and it's still set to 

/mnt/user/Photos/

Container path is /Photos

If I go to the Emby Server library and check the config it's still set to /Photos

I reran an scan of the library. I can see the subfolders for my trips but each subfolder shows no files. They are all jpg.

I even created a new library using /Photos and same thing. 

On the unraid tower shares tab and click Photos I can see the subfolders and if I click the subfolders it does see the jpgs.

All my other libraries for music and tv shows which follow the exact same structure all still work oddly.

I am running emby server 4.6.4.0

I even restared the docker.

 

Am I missing something?

image.thumb.png.8466b4b8edfe941cdb6066f3eb5d9ebf.png

Edited by DigitalDivide
Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.