New Emby Docker

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, dcruff said:

How can I change the docker port mapping for Emby.  I'm trying to change it from the default of 8096 so that I don't have a conflict with my legacy Windows-based Emby server that I want to keep running until I get the bugs worked out of the UNRAID server.

Is this really the emby docker you are using? Doesn't look like this one is in Apps anymore. You can go directly to the correct support thread for any of your dockers by clicking its icon and selecting Support.

I don't use emby but it looks like the 2 versions on the Apps page already have bridge networking, so you should be able to just change the host port (but not the container port).

• 3 weeks later...

Having issue with Nvidia transcoding. It looks like I have everything setup including --runtime=nvidia  and both nvidia visible devices along with nvidia driver capabilities set and Emby sees the nvidia card but when I run emby from a browser it shows only software encoding not hardware encoding. I do not have VM's nor am I using the nvidia passthrough for any other dockers. Did I miss something?

emby_unraid1.jpg.31e15ff7922ec5eb90b05cd9e6753179.jpg

Emby_config1.jpg.6791ca5e4c921ee899ec73750e973ee3.jpg

Edited by mbppg
On 1/7/2022 at 12:55 PM, mbppg said:

Having issue with Nvidia transcoding. It looks like I have everything setup including --runtime=nvidia  and both nvidia visible devices along with nvidia driver capabilities set and Emby sees the nvidia card but when I run emby from a browser it shows only software encoding not hardware encoding. I do not have VM's nor am I using the nvidia passthrough for any other dockers. Did I miss something?

emby_unraid1.jpg.31e15ff7922ec5eb90b05cd9e6753179.jpg

Emby_config1.jpg.6791ca5e4c921ee899ec73750e973ee3.jpg

Thats because your GPU does only support decoding... on the nvidia website you can see that encoding is not supported from your gpu

image.thumb.png.e2306c9f7caa6a155c0548b13de96cff.png

Hello @all

I have the following problem. Emby does not store the meta data and images in the media folders. If I add the data manually to the folders emby loads them without problems. I suspect a permissions problem but can't solve it myself.

Emby is running as a Docker container on a Unraid host system. Here also runs a virtual machine with Xpenology (Synologys DSM) which shares a SMB share with Unraid and provides emby. On it are the libraries of the movies. This SMB share is mounted via Unassigned Device Plugin and here I also looked if there are any READ WRITE permissions, but found nothing.

I have made the appropriate settings in the libraries, see screens:

image.thumb.png.dc2627b974fe1eb983425be68f9f4608.png

image.thumb.png.b229f4f944692dffde239f5bb707e9f0.png

On the Emby Dashboard page, contrary to the above settings, the paths for the meta data are not traced back to the media directories, but are located in the config folder of the emby Docker container...

When I look at the path in the emby container for the media library everything is set correctly there. I created the whole "mnt" folder for all internal host hard disks from the UNraid host itself and from the SMB shares instead of just the SMB share. Everything together has read and write permissions according to the dialog. See for yourself on the screenshots:

image.thumb.png.3e1868b7c35c468ef9035d2e41c28f96.png

image.png.e297be5f49c21ac6200fc87d52192fbd.png

I hope you guys can help me to solve my problem. And yes in futher i will use a native unraid system where the data drives will also connected to unraid and not to a vm ...

Just finished setting up all of my Emby content.  I've been switching from a Windows server.  
When I went to change some of the visual aspects of the Emby home page, they didn't seem to be taking.  So I restarted Emby, which gave an error.  Then I restarted Unraid and now all of my installed dockers are GONE!  Rebooted Unraid again and the dockers are still gone.

I only had 2 dockers installed - Emby and Krusader

I don't know if I should reinstall them or not.  Suggestions?

embyserver-diagnostics-20220113-1920.zip

Edited by dcruff
On 1/12/2022 at 8:49 AM, WowaDriver said:

Thats because your GPU does only support decoding... on the nvidia website you can see that encoding is not supported from your gpu

image.thumb.png.e2306c9f7caa6a155c0548b13de96cff.png

Thank you @WowaDriver for catching that. What is weird is that hardware transcoding works in Plex on the same server. I do have a couple of Nvidia Quadro cards, I just need to find/get the half height brackets for them to install in my server.

• 1 month later...