ASP.Net 5 docker running on unRAID

Maniac

Hi all,

I have no idea if this was done before or not, but I could not find anything regarding asp.net and unraid, so I went to work.

I am quite new to all unRAID-related, and by that also everything Docker-related. But as I saw this enormous potential in using it, I went and read everything I could find on it. Especially on creating own images and containers. My focus was primary on getting a asp.net web site(s) working on unraid, without having to install a vm as a web-server.

Microsoft has done half of the job already for us, by creating asp.net 5 framework (or vNext) dockers that we can use. So i tested this first on my dev machine (windows) at work, by creating a demo mvc app (default app). After two whole days, I finally got it working there the way I wanted. :)

Now I pushed i to the docker hub, and then added it to the unRaid docker via terminal. It worked better that I expected! :) Success!

Next is to learn how to add all the info that the docker needs in unraid, version and Edit options.

aspnet5_docker_unraid.png.cf9275e5509e0f02cd2bde4019b32d68.png