Slow write to cached and uncached drives

ReLe

Immediately after upgrading to V6 write speeds to my 7400k  640GB HDD cachedrive were 60-70MB/s. My cache drive stays almost empty most of the time, with daily writings at 2-32GB. Suddently the write speed dropped to 28MB/s. Cables from 1000M router to workstation and undraid are 1m long CAT6. Network speed is negotiated at 1000M. Parity check runs at 50-80MB/s range without errors, so disks should be ok.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, I fetched those log files, but did not see anything alarming and did not have time (two kids under 4 running and screaming around my server) to clean up them from my personal data.

I noticed that my old AMD C60 8W CPU was running 100% all the time. It worked ok in previous builds tho... So I made upgrade with 80€, 40€ for Intel G1820 and 40€ for ASROCK H81-VG4. I threw in Intel  9301ct Gigabit NIC and 4 port SATA3 card totalling 8 ports, to supply my 6 drives.

Now I get 795Mbps write and 891Mbps read to cache drive. So it was probably the CPU bottlenecking system, or infamous realtek RT8111 or both.

Old system consumed 68W when doing partity check. Now new system pulls 76W, but now my processor is 7x faster and paritycheck speed is running 40-130MB/s and when i access my share, filelisting is instant. This was not the case in my older builds.