Windows 7 VM + Steam Issues.

I created a windows 7 vm with steam installed passing through a 970 and it works now what im trying to do is in-home streaming to a steam link my issues is that the link is not detecting the VM.

i can see the vm under network on my other pc i have sharing and discovery turned on in the VM but im unable to connect to it and im not really sure what the problem is any help appreciated.

[edit]

as an added issue any keyboard i've plugged in usb isn't being shown in the vm settings and im unable to assign a keyboard to the vm, been using onscreen keyboard.

I created a windows 7 vm with steam installed passing through a 970 and it works now what im trying to do is in-home streaming to a steam link my issues is that the link is not detecting the VM.

i can see the vm under network on my other pc i have sharing and discovery turned on in the VM but im unable to connect to it and im not really sure what the problem is any help appreciated.

[edit]

as an added issue any keyboard i've plugged in usb isn't being shown in the vm settings and im unable to assign a keyboard to the vm, been using onscreen keyboard.

Go to settings > VM Manager.  What network bridge are you using there?

[edit]

its using virbr0 also for whatever reason it's seeing the keyboard and i can actually assign it now...

[edit]

its using virbr0 also for whatever reason it's seeing the keyboard and i can actually assign it now...

That's your issue.

Stop the array.

Goto Settings > Network Settings

Set enable bridge to yes

Apply

Goto Settings > VM Manager

Change the default bridge from virbr0 to br0

Apply

Start the array

Edit your VM

Enable Advanced View Mode

Toggle your network bridge from virbr0 to br0

Apply

Start your VM

Steam streaming will work now.

[edit]

That's your issue.

Stop the array.

Goto Settings > Network Settings

Set enable bridge to yes

Apply

Goto Settings > VM Manager

Change the default bridge from virbr0 to br0

Apply

Start the array

Edit your VM

Enable Advanced View Mode

Toggle your network bridge from virbr0 to br0

Apply

Start your VM

Steam streaming will work now.

yeah that worked and im able to stream now.

now i have a different issue where im not getting any sound after assigning the GPU Audio controller

Assuming the GPU audio controller is HDMI.  Do you have an HDMI connection going to it?  Some GPUs that do audio through HDMI only actually activate the audio device when a valid audio connection can be detected.  As an alternative, you can try adding another sound device and selecting the on-board analog audio device.

Also make sure you followed these steps to fix the MSI audio issue with NVIDIA GPUs:  http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_6/VM_Guest_Support#Enable_MSI_for_Interrupts_to_Fix_HDMI_Audio_Support

Assuming the GPU audio controller is HDMI.  Do you have an HDMI connection going to it?  Some GPUs that do audio through HDMI only actually activate the audio device when a valid audio connection can be detected.  As an alternative, you can try adding another sound device and selecting the on-board analog audio device.

Also make sure you followed these steps to fix the MSI audio issue with NVIDIA GPUs:  http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_6/VM_Guest_Support#Enable_MSI_for_Interrupts_to_Fix_HDMI_Audio_Support

that didn't do anything for me but fortunately i remembered i had a USB sound card that i had laying around, passed it through and installed the drivers on the vm everything working perfectly.

last minor issue, because of the monitor the vm is connected to i can't do 1080p so when i stream a game it wont be full resolution on the tv screen