Lost disk settings, trying to determine which is parity, and rebuild it

So, I lost my disk settings. I don't have any of the drives assigned. I'm trying to find out which of the two possible disks is my parity, then just assign the rest and rebuild parity.

I do not want to lose the data on all the data drives. I've rebooted unraid plenty of times since, trying to get the settings on the usb, and back and such. So no log file.

What's the best course of action?

Something like  - make a mount point, mount /dev/sdX to that, ls the contents?

Then after finding which is parity, how to get unraid running again without losing my data? I don't want to accidentally clear my data.

The normal recommendation is to do a New Config and assign all disks as data disks (I.e. No parity disk).  If you then start the array one drive should show as unmountable - that will be the parity disk.  You can now stop the array; do another New Config; and this time assign the disks correctly. When you now start the array the system will rebuild parity.  The order of data disks is not significant unless you have User Shares set to use specific disks, but this is easily correctable

It will be a good idea to take the chance to record all the serial numbers of your drives in case this happens again.  A screenshot of the Main tab is the easiest way to do this.

• Upvote 1