unRAID Server Release 6.1.7 Available

limetech

Download

Clicking 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page is the preferred way to upgrade.

More really cool webGUI features and refinements from bonienl - thank you!.  A couple security updates, and a couple device support patches.

We are in the process of merging this code base into our 6.2-beta tree and expect the next release will be 6.2-rc1.

unRAID Server OS Change Log
===========================

Version 6.1.7 2016-01-15
------------------------
- ca-certificates: 20150426-noarch-2
- linux: 4.1.15
- linux: kernel changes:
  - patch: ixgbe: add define for X557 PHY ID
  - patch: mvsas: support RocketRAID 2782 controller 
- openssl: 1.0.1q (SSA:2015-349-04)
- reiserfsprogs: fix bug where '--yes' option being ignored
- webGui: incorporate bergware latest awesome improvements:
  - Replace leading zero with leading space in date search
  - Let "status reporting" use parity-check history file as well
  - SMART functionality enhancement
  - Add help text for SMART settings
  - Allow independent webGUI updates from unRAID-OS (or together)
  - Suppress display of SMART thumb in Dashboard when disk is faulty
  - Add warning when share is outside the designated list of disks
  - Use natural sorting for compute list of User and Disk shares
  - Fixed disable dropdown menus when cache only is selected
  - Keep local uptime updates accurate when tab is inactive
  - Fixed display of 1000GB to 1TB
  - Allow more number notations
  - Add option to highlight errors and warnings in display of syslog
  - Add color coding to both syslog and disk log
  - Add show/hide control to display of syslog information
  - Adjust dynamically the height of long lists to fit page, with automatic scrollbar
  - Added Docker and VM tables for auto-scaling of tables
  - Remove download button from header in syslog page
  - Update for SMART coloring and default selection
  - Make outstanding SMART alerts on dashboard acknowledgeable by user
  - Allow hot/max temperature thresholds per disk
  - Add global disk settings to disk settings page, individual disk settings to device page
  - Fixed wrong display when Fahrenheit unit is set
  - Fixed incorrect disk usage notifications when array goes off/online
  - Include all syslog files when viewing from GUI
  - Allow selectable placement of Users menu and re-use setting on system reboot
  - Misc. code and other improvements

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to work just fine -- just did the update and all went fine.    Glad to see this release, as there were several GUI issues in the 6.1.4, .5, and .6 releases, so it's nice to have a version that incorporates the fixes to those.

Looking forward to 6.2 and dual parity => setting up a dedicated test server just for that  :)

I'll update mine once the parity sync is finished. But just from reading the list the nice feature I pulled out is separating the GUI updates from the rest of unRAID. I follow the thread that talks about the daily updates/improvements/testing and having those on a faster GUI update schedule will be better for everyone.

Test server? Live on the edge man, go full production server. What could possible go wrong!!

... the nice feature I pulled out is separating the GUI updates from the rest of unRAID ...

I noticed that as well ... and agree it's a nice feature.

HOWEVER ... it's still listed as "built-in" on the Plugins page, and there's no Setting to select whether or not the user wants the independent updates [The notes imply you can do this => "... Allow independent webGUI updates from unRAID-OS (or together)"]

I assume there will be an indication on the Plugins page when you check for updates and a GUI update is available ... and the choice of doing the update independently or "together" will simply be whether or not you hit the "Install" button for the update or wait for the next core update.

I assume there will be an indication on the Plugins page when you check for updates and a GUI update is available ... and the choice of doing the update independently or "together" will simply be whether or not you hit the "Install" button for the update or wait for the next core update.

I assumed that as well. As in even if there isn't a core update but there is an update to the web GUI it would just show there is an update to unRAID. I guess we will all find out once a new GUI update is available.

I'm still very new to unRAID so disregard anything I say :)

We are in the process of merging this code base into our 6.2-beta tree and expect the next release will be 6.2-rc1.

I presume (and certainly hope) that the RC's won't be installed via the automatic update process.

In particular, if somebody is running an earlier v6 release, and does an update check after 6.2 RC1 is available, I'd think they should be upgraded to 6.1.7 -- NOT to the release candidate.    That should be a very conscious choice of those who want to participate in the RC phase.    Something along the lines of what you did earlier -- i.e. install it like you do other plugins ... copy the URL, paste it, then do the "install" works very nicely.

I presume (and certainly hope) that the RC's won't be installed via the automatic update process.

In particular, if somebody is running an earlier v6 release, and does an update check after 6.2 RC1 is available, I'd think they should be upgraded to 6.1.7 -- NOT to the release candidate.    That should be a very conscious choice of those who want to participate in the RC phase.    Something along the lines of what you did earlier -- i.e. install it like you do other plugins ... copy the URL, paste it, then do the "install" works very nicely.

Gary I suspect it will be like the last time, where if you want to run RC/Beta you install another "plugin" to get you onto that upgrade path...

ie: Opt-in rather than opt-out.

... I assume there will be an indication on the Plugins page when you check for updates and a GUI update is available ... and the choice of doing the update independently or "together" will simply be whether or not you hit the "Install" button for the update or wait for the next core update.

When a new GUI version becomes available before a unRAID release, there will be the possibility to upgrade to the latest GUI version on the existing unRAID version.

When a new unRAID version becomes available it will have the latest GUI version built-in, and the plugin manager offers a update for the unRAID version only.

Seems to be all fine.

A nicety would be a reboot button on the plugins page when one is required. Rolls in the switching to main tab, stopping the array and the reboot confirm & proceed tasks if you so wished.

Install "Dynamix System Buttons" plugin and you will have a reboot button on every page of the GUI

For users of CA who have moved the users menu via CA's Menu Settings, what you should be doing is setting CA's menu settings back to normal, restarting your server (to get all the system files back to stock) and then moving the Users menu via Dynamix' Display Settings.

- Add warning when share is outside the designated list of disks

Great feature!  Has already identified some inconsistent share settings on my system!

- Allow hot/max temperature thresholds per disk

- Add global disk settings to disk settings page, individual disk settings to device page

Can't see where to do this - I expected these to be on the "Disk X Settings" tab, but I must be overlooking somethings (I have cleared browser cache/history/cookies, etc but to no avail.

Screenshot_2016-01-16_23-52-22.png.aefd9b59c7ae628251317b8f2f65af38.png