unRAID Server Release 6.1.7 Available

limetech

I have 2 machines running 6.1.6. One updates fine (only Nerd Tools installed) but the other will not update (has Community Applications and Unassigned Devices, both latest versions).

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg

plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.1.7-x86_64.zip ... done

plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.1.7-x86_64.md5 ... done

Archive: /tmp/unRAIDServer.zip

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzimage

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzroot unzip error 0

plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

Any advice?

How much RAM does the one that failed have?  The unzip failed which makes it look as if it might have run out of free RAM.

You can always manually update by downloading the ZIP release from the Limetech site and then replacing the bzroot, bzimage and changes.txt files on the USB stick with the ones from the ZIP file.  You can do this over the network by going to the 'flash' share or by plugging the USB stick into a PC/Mac

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kicked off a copy of around 3 TB of files to a system with only half of that space available (didn't notice) and letting it run overnight. I woke up to find the system full, all the user shares gone, the user tab in the admin empty. A reboot brought the shares back but unfortunately I didn't think to copy the syslog off prior.

Trying to duplicate, no luck yet.

I was able to duplicate. It looks like the syslog was rolled, all it contained was lines reading as following for all shares

Jan 18 09:32:23 NASBackup emhttp: get_filesystem_status: statfs: /mnt/user/VirtualCD Transport endpoint is not connected

The /mnt/user directory existed as follows:

d???  ? ?      ?       ?            ? user/

The shares still existed and the share tab via the admin listed all shares, but the shares were not browseable. However, stopping and restarting the array resulted in all user shares gone and the share tab empty. Restarting the box restored everything to normal operation.

To duplicate, I ran the process to copy 4,421 files to the full array multiple times but I wasn't able to duplicate the missing share issue - until I went to bed and woke up in the morning so it may be an idle thing.

For the past couple of days, I have been trying to change the Banner to a Custom Banner on the 'Settings', 'Display Setting' tab.  First, in Photoshop Elements, I generated a .png file with the picture that I wanted to use with a size of 1270X90 pixels and saved it  in .png format.  I have tried the following things:

1--  I tried to drag-and-drop the .png file onto the banner on the Display Settings page.

2--  I tired clicking on the banner to use the browse method to select this file.

Either method worked!  In both cases, the banner changes in the Custom Banner entry UNTIL I click on the Apply button.  The webpage will refresh and it reverts back to the default banner.

I even copied the file to the root of the flash drive.  I have searched the flash drive looking for a .png file but the only other one there is the .png file that I generated for the root user on the Users tab. 

What am I doing wrong or it a bug?  I have attached the .png file in case for analysis if case there are different .png formats. 

Capture3.png.c262fbe3c9165d3083a389c1ae9cc88e.png

For the past couple of days, I have been trying to change the Banner to a Custom Banner on the 'Settings', 'Display Setting' tab.  First, in Photoshop Elements, I generated a .png file with the picture that I wanted to use with a size of 1270X90 pixels and saved it  in .png format.  I have tried the following things:

1--  I tried to drag-and-drop the .png file onto the banner on the Display Settings page.

2--  I tired clicking on the banner to use the browse method to select this file.

Either method worked!  In both cases, the banner changes in the Custom Banner entry UNTIL I click on the Apply button.  The webpage will refresh and it reverts back to the default banner.

I even copied the file to the root of the flash drive.  I have searched the flash drive looking for a .png file but the only other one there is the .png file that I generated for the root user on the Users tab. 

What am I doing wrong or it a bug?  I have attached the .png file in case for analysis if case there are different .png formats.

Downloaded your banner and changed my banner without any problem, see attachment...

Do you have an adblocker, if so can you whitelist the unRAID URL.

banner-update.png.424ea1cbb9d37b48a4d2c3e6fbff0515.png

Just made some more tests...

Updating the banner works fine in Chrome and MS Edge, but NOT in Firefox...

The location of the file (in case you want to manually copy) is /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/banner.png

As you might well have guessed, I am running Firefox.  So I copied the file over to /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/ and renamed it banner.png (is this necessary?) and that worked.  You are now aware of the issue so I guess you will be seeing what can be done to either correct the issue in Firefox or add some clarifying instructions in the 'Help' for the 'Custom Banner' setting so that the extra guy does NOT have the same problem.

As a little note of explanation, I thought that adding a custom banner to the GUI for one of my servers would help me to keep them straight  when working on both at once!  (Rebooting the wrong server does not endear one to the wife and family !    ::)    )

I really like the parity check history.  I added the last few months worth to parity-checks.log:

Nov  2 10:01:29|30688|130.4 MB/s|0
Dec  2 10:03:00|30779|130.0 MB/s|0
Dec 17 07:31:22|33588|119.1 MB/s|0
Jan  2 10:07:36|31054|128.8 MB/s|0

and then I noticed a problem with the data - the date does not include a year.  This will get confusing after a while, can we add a year to those dates?

I really like the parity check history.  I added the last few months worth to parity-checks.log:

Nov  2 10:01:29|30688|130.4 MB/s|0
Dec  2 10:03:00|30779|130.0 MB/s|0
Dec 17 07:31:22|33588|119.1 MB/s|0
Jan  2 10:07:36|31054|128.8 MB/s|0

and then I noticed a problem with the data - the date does not include a year.  This will get confusing after a while, can we add a year to those dates?

Storing it as yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss seems the logical choice.

... You are now aware of the issue so I guess you will be seeing what can be done to either correct the issue in Firefox or add some clarifying instructions in the 'Help' for the 'Custom Banner' setting so that the extra guy does NOT have the same problem.

It used to work in firefox, but something got broken in a later version. There are several reports on the Internet that jquery POST commands are not working properly in firefox, and that is exactly what I see hapening: firefox doesn't pass the correct parameters to store the file.

So it is in fact the case with this new version that it has PermitRootLogin set to no? I would be able to just change it in the sshd config file and it would revert back again right?

I think that I'm correct in saying:

The default sshd_config file, as delivered with unRAID v6.1.7, has PermitRootLogin set to yes.  If you are seeing this value set to 'no' then something in your system is modifying that file.

The file is held in the ram, so any edits you make to the file will be lost on reboot.

Is there a setting i am missing for the parity check history?

My log is a weird format and the GUI is blank :o

thanks for any help

parity-checks.log

Dec 01 08:57:38|0|0|0

Dec 1 08:57:38|0|0|0

Jan 1 08:56:20|0|0|0

Jan  1 08:56:20|0|0|0

Delete the file, it has rogue entries. Once you do a parity check it will be added to the history.

As Bonienl noted, simply deleting the parity log file should resolve this.  I had a similar issue (outlined earlier in this thread) ... although not nearly as bad ... but his suggestion resolved it instantly ...

Delete the file /config/parity-checks.log from the flash device. It should re-populate in a minute or less and make the latest result visible (unless the system was rebooted in the meantime).

So it is in fact the case with this new version that it has PermitRootLogin set to no? I would be able to just change it in the sshd config file and it would revert back again right?

I think that I'm correct in saying:

The default sshd_config file, as delivered with unRAID v6.1.7, has PermitRootLogin set to yes.  If you are seeing this value set to 'no' then something in your system is modifying that file.

The file is held in the ram, so any edits you make to the file will be lost on reboot.

Protip: copy any/all modified files in /etc/ssh to config/ssh on the flash

the rc.ssh startup script will autocopy them back in before it starts up.

Is there a setting i am missing for the parity check history?

My log is a weird format and the GUI is blank :o

thanks for any help

parity-checks.log

Dec 01 08:57:38|0|0|0

Dec 1 08:57:38|0|0|0

Jan 1 08:56:20|0|0|0

Jan  1 08:56:20|0|0|0

Delete the file, it has rogue entries. Once you do a parity check it will be added to the history.

thank you kind sir :D

... You are now aware of the issue so I guess you will be seeing what can be done to either correct the issue in Firefox or add some clarifying instructions in the 'Help' for the 'Custom Banner' setting so that the extra guy does NOT have the same problem.

It used to work in firefox, but something got broken in a later version. There are several reports on the Internet that jquery POST commands are not working properly in firefox, and that is exactly what I see hapening: firefox doesn't pass the correct parameters to store the file.

I rewrote the code for the custom banner and custom user pictures selection, and now use an approach which doesn't rely in tricking the browser cache. This works with all browsers.

Will make that available in a next version.

I rewrote the code for the custom banner and custom user pictures selection, and now use an approach which doesn't rely in tricking the browser cache. This works with all browsers.

Sounds like an opportunity to test the separation of the GUI from the core code  :)

[... although you don't want to start releasing a new version for every minor fix]

Sounds like an opportunity to test the separation of the GUI from the core code  :)

[... although you don't want to start releasing a new version for every minor fix]

The list is already longer than just this adjustment.

Indeed sounds like an oppertunity, though LT still has the final word here.

Updated to 6.1.7 without issues.

Log's are still not being displayed from Dockers (via the docker tab) or for unRAID (via the "main" page).

Be sure to disable any ad blocking programs for your unraid server.

I'm able to easily view logs from my Dockers via the main page and from the docker tab; using WinOS with FireFox with AdBlock Plus with my server whitelisted.