unRAID Server Release 6.1.7 Available

limetech

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed that my monthly parity check didn't go off yesterday. Has been fine for months. Only thing changed was updating to 6.1.7. Scheduler shows it should have done it. Did 6.1.7 reset something to turn off the scheduler?

Mine ran fine yesterday automatically and all I did was upgrade...

Well mine didn't so where other that under Scheduler should I look to see where it got turned off (haven't touched anything yet)

Just noticed that my monthly parity check didn't go off yesterday. Has been fine for months. Only thing changed was updating to 6.1.7. Scheduler shows it should have done it. Did 6.1.7 reset something to turn off the scheduler?

Well mine didn't so where other that under Scheduler should I look to see where it got turned off (haven't touched anything yet)

Have you checked your log? Just a thought. Might be something there to indicate a problem.

Have you checked your log? Just a thought. Might be something there to indicate a problem.

I've restarted since then so I guess that's lost?

Bug in notifications??

I am in the midst of preclearing an older WD EZRS 3tb, and I have 2 of these.  One of which was in the server and I pulled it and then rebuilt onto a 3TB Seagate.  The second one is just in the server now being precleared, and it seems to have issues with pending sectors.  That I can deal with by throwing the drive in the garbage, but the notifications are being sent to me with the identification of the previous drive. 

Event: unRAID device sdi SMART health [197]
Subject: Warning [KIM] - current pending sector is 1
Description: WD30EZRS-00J99B0_WD-WCAWZ0361944 (sdi)
Importance: warning

The drive with the pending sector is actually WDC_WD30EZRS-00J99B0_WD-WCAWZ2007804

I get really excited when the latest post in this section is a release, and then I realize someone else commented on this thread...

Yes.  It would be helpful if the subject was reversed so that the version number came first: "6.1.7  unRAID Server Release Available"

In that way, the version number would be visible on the Main Page.

I finally got around to upgrading from 5.0.3, and was pleasantly surprised with the look of the new GUI, and the new plugin system.  So from what I've read it seems that 6.1.7 will be the last iteration of the current stable version, and the next release will be a 6.2 beta? Is that correct?

just upgraded from 6.1.6 to 6.1.7 and one of my disks is showing up as Unmountable with a Green Ball. The settings page says No File System 32. It was either XFS or BTRFS. None of the data on there was important in the short-term (dedicated to Time Machine backups, so as long as I can get backed up again before a HD failure I'm good). What do I do next?

just upgraded from 6.1.6 to 6.1.7 and one of my disks is showing up as Unmountable with a Green Ball. The settings page says No File System 32. It was either XFS or BTRFS. None of the data on there was important in the short-term (dedicated to Time Machine backups, so as long as I can get backed up again before a HD failure I'm good). What do I do next?

Start a support thread and post your diagnostics.

I finally got around to upgrading from 5.0.3, and was pleasantly surprised with the look of the new GUI, and the new plugin system.  So from what I've read it seems that 6.1.7 will be the last iteration of the current stable version, and the next release will be a 6.2 beta? Is that correct?

That's what it says in the beginning of this very post....

I do wish we had some sort of actual roadmap available though, with an outline of the intended changes and additions. I know forecasting that stuff is never perfect, but some official indications of the trajectory of unRaid would be nice.

I do wish we had some sort of actual roadmap available though, with an outline of the intended changes and additions. I know forecasting that stuff is never perfect, but some official indications of the trajectory of unRaid would be nice.

real bummed they removed the roadmap sub-forum when they did the re-org a few months ago  >:(

I just want to report that plugin update notifications are not running for me as of 6.1.7.  I also talked to a friend at work who indicated they stopped for him as well.  As can be seen in my screenshots below, I receive notifications for drive temps, docker updates, array status....its just plugin updates that are not being sent to the browser or to email.

Please note I just added a new video card for a VM and obviously I need to improve my cooling.  Just wanted to let you know I understand the reason for all the drive temp warnings (kids just discovered PC gaming).

Attached is my diagnostics. 

Here are links to relevant screenshots as in total they exceed the forum posting limit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l69tuxehxk7vl0g/unraid%20plugins.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g97yx51adwccr9f/unraid%20notifications.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/704r47kzzql4nl4/unraid%20notifications%20archive.PNG?dl=0

tower-diagnostics-20160208-2249.zip