30 emails

Brucey7

I just upgraded to the latest 6.1.7 and on restarting got 30 emails across 2 servers telling me my disks are full!

This is NOT a defect, it is expected behaviour.

You need to set the appropriate disk utilization levels for your usage. See settings -> Disk settings

It is worth pointing out that as well as the global setting mentioned it is also possible to set disk specific settings for any drive to override the global setting.  this can be very useful if you tend to use a fill-up strategy for User Shares to avoid the warning for disks you have filled and are no longer writing to.

It didn't happen on 6.1.6, it is new in 6.1.7 and IMHO 30 emails is definitely not appropriate behaviour, it is a problem and therefore a defect. 

I have set the disk fill up settings exactly how I want them to get the right colour codes Green, Yellow (90%), Red  (99%) as they get fuller.  By all means an email as they cross the boundary during normal use but not on initial start, or if there must be on initial start then one email per server, not 18 emails from one server in immediate succession.

It didn't happen on 6.1.6, it is new in 6.1.7 and IMHO 30 emails is definitely not appropriate behaviour, it is a problem and therefore a defect. 

I have set the disk fill up settings exactly how I want them to get the right colour codes Green, Yellow (90%), Red  (99%) as they get fuller.  By all means an email as they cross the boundary during normal use but not on initial start, or if there must be on initial start then one email per server, not 18 emails from one server in immediate succession.

I think you only got the 30 emails because a bug was fixed where the previous level was not being remembered.  The test will be if you now reboot the server and get the same 30 emails - if so then there is a case for treating it as a defect.

Same here. 7 of 10 disks in my array are 100% full. Received 7 e-mails and 7 red notifications which led me to heart attack (thought of 7 redballs) once the unraid came online after a reboot.

This means that every day I will receive utilization warnings which I do not consider neither warning nor alert. Are we able to tell unraid we are fine with this and do not mention it further?

Same here. 7 of 10 disks in my array are 100% full. Received 7 e-mails and 7 red notifications which led me to heart attack (thought of 7 redballs) once the unraid came online after a reboot.

This means that every day I will receive utilization warnings which I do not consider neither warning nor alert. Are we able to tell unraid we are fine with this and do not mention it further?

Have you reset the notification levels for the individual disks that full?

Could you please advise how to do this?

I found where I *believe* you're supposed to be able to do this (Main, Array Devices, Disk X)  But, the settings are grayed out (when the array is either stopped or started)

Am I missing something?

I have stopped, rebooted and restarted one of my servers and no more emails, hopefully it was a one time thing.

I don't want to change the warning/critical levels, the colour scheme works for me, at a glance I can see where I have space.  When you are running allocation method "Fill-up", 100% full is by no means critical it is desired behaviour.

I found where I *believe* you're supposed to be able to do this (Main, Array Devices, Disk X)  But, the settings are grayed out (when the array is either stopped or started)

Am I missing something?

The settings are not grayed out, but show the global setting. Just enter the desired value and it will overrule the global setting.

Am I missing something?

The settings are not grayed out, but show the global setting. Just enter the desired value and it will overrule the global setting.

I filed a defect report as how they look on black theme is completely different than on white, and entering in the information is counter intuitive. 

Not to complain, but on white they definitely appear to be grayed out.  On black they don't

Go to the individual disks from the main menu and enter the desired level for each disk, this will overrule the global setting.

Am I missing something?

I filed a defect report as how they look on black theme is completely different than on white, and entering in the information is counter intuitive. 

Not to complain, but on white they definitely appear to be grayed out.  On black they don't

It is the way the browser displays a "placeholder" not sure if that can be changed.

IMHO the white theme is correct while the black theme isn't. The text is made lighter but the input field isn't disabled.

Am I missing something?

It is the way the browser displays a "placeholder" not sure if that can be changed.

IMHO the white theme is correct while the black theme isn't. The text is made lighter but the input field isn't disabled.

After I compared white to black I understood what was going on.  My opinion is that I don't like it. And would prefer the black.  On a quick glance, the fields when in white appear to be disabled, but they don't on black.  To each their own.  But, at the very least, the appearances between black and white should be the same.  So my defect report will still stand.

I have stopped, rebooted and restarted one of my servers and no more emails, hopefully it was a one time thing.

I don't want to change the warning/critical levels, the colour scheme works for me, at a glance I can see where I have space.  When you are running allocation method "Fill-up", 100% full is by no means critical it is desired behaviour.

It is a one time thing. You can stick to your current levels.