Per Disk Utilization and Temperature Override Displaying Wrong

unRAID OS Version:

Description:

Just display abberations, but rather confusing.

When using the White theme, the per disk utilization levels and temperature threshholds are grayed out when set to the defaults and do not appear to be functional (even though they actually are)

When using the Black theme, the levels and thresholds appear properly

But, on both themes, using the actual overrides is counter intuitive as clicking into the box gives you the cursor at the beginning of the temp, and you cannot cursor forward or back, all you can do is start typing a new value (although it could be browser related -> I'm using Chrome) Figured out the cursor.  Don't particularily like how it operates, but its not a defect.

Other information:

Just a UI issue, everything works as expected, but doesn't appear on the screen how you would think it would.

The individual disk settings show a "placeholder", that is text when nothing is filled in the input field. This is an aid to know what are the global values.

The browser changes the text color of placeholders based on the background color, which gives it a different appearance in the white and black themes.

Understand the confusion, one may think an element is disabled, but when an element is truely disabled it will also change the color of the surrounding input box and its total appearance is different.

And to reconfirm: nothing broken in functionality, all works as expected!

The individual disk settings show a "placeholder", that is text when nothing is filled in the input field. This is an aid to know what are the global values.

The browser changes the text color of placeholders based on the background color, which gives it a different appearance in the white and black themes.

Understand the confusion, one may think an element is disabled, but when an element is truely disabled it will also change the color of the surrounding input box and its total appearance is different.

And to reconfirm: nothing broken in functionality, all works as expected!

Understood.  Maybe we should file this under "Just don't like it..."  ;)

Trouble is also that different browsers show placeholders in different ways.

I am looking at css coding to make that (more) consistent, but it ain't that easy...

If values are changed from default couldn't you just indicate that by plain text instead of colors? Example:

Warning disk temperature threshold (°C):  -USER EDITED-        50

Trouble is also that different browsers show placeholders in different ways.

I am looking at css coding to make that (more) consistent, but it ain't that easy...

If values are changed from default couldn't you just indicate that by plain text instead of colors? Example:

Warning disk temperature threshold (°C):  -USER EDITED-        50

I found a way to change colors and made it more obvious (and consistent) in both white and black themes.

• 2 weeks later...

On a related subject, I've increased the warning and critical thresholds for the SSDs in my cache pool to 50 degC and 60 degC respectively because I know they run hot but they are still well below the working limit in their specification of 80 degC. However, they still indicate "HOT" in the Dashboard when they reach 45 degC and the temperature parameter in their SMART status is also highlighted.

On a related subject, I've increased the warning and critical thresholds for the SSDs in my cache pool to 50 degC and 60 degC respectively because I know they run hot but they are still well below the working limit in their specification of 80 degC. However, they still indicate "HOT" in the Dashboard when they reach 45 degC and the temperature parameter in their SMART status is also highlighted.

The display on the Dashboard doesn't take the individual settings, this will be corrected in a next version.