IRQ #35, nobody cared

sansei

Running on 6.1.4, usually I had to restart the machine every 2-3 weeks. And every time, it's due to this error: Disabling IRQ #35

All remote connection is lost, I had to physically log into the box to reboot it.

Attached the log file dump via terminal method. Search for 'nobody cared' near the end of file. There are some call trace immediately after that, I don't have much clue about them though.

syslog-201601171800.txt

Had a similar issue, except in my case it was IRQ16 which was going dead. IRQ16 on my system was shared between USB and supermicro saslp-mv8 controller (PCIe slots on MB), however according to the motherboard (P5KC) manual the IRQs on the two PCIe slots where shared as well.

After some research and experimentation I established that basically the problem manifests itself whenever I have a monitor hooked up or hookup/turn on a monitor (I have a Quadro FX 580 on PCIe slot 1 -and the mv8 on the PCIe slot 2), which apparently causes some interrupt that some driver does not know how to handle.

Running the system with no monitor hooked up (and no USB devices besides Unraid USB boot stick) I have experienced no issues (currently around 96 hours and going).

You could try the following

1) Disable all unused integrated motherboard peripheral in BIOS (serial port etc..)

2) Set "Plug & Play OS" in BIOS to "NO" and determine whether or not you can manually assign IRQs to different devices

3) Disable all unnecessary integrated LAN (assuming that's what you are using) features (wake-on-lan etc.)

4) you could try booting with the "irqpoll"option, I have never tried this and my understanding is that in most cases it does not solve the issue

Of course you could also try a dedicated LAN card...