Crashplan file dates incorrect??

hilly

Hi - I need to cross check this before i go further and drive myself more crazy .....

The dates i am seeing within Crashplan for backups are confusing me and i do not know if they are right or wrong??

Everything seems to be working correctly. I can backup from my PC to a set of backup folders on UnRaid and then i have crashplan set to move these to crashplan central. Backup runs as sceduled and then says "backup complete"

Now if i go into "restore" in the descktop client and browse to a file i know has been changed and then updated it has a "last backed up date" which is the date the header folder was modified and not the date the file was editied e.g. the folder date is 22/11/15 and so is the file even though i know the file was backed up on the 16/01/16.

If i go to the crashplan code42 website and log in, go into the restore option and browse to the same file i can select the file on the 16/01/16 as a recovery option even though the file has a date of the header folder.

Dpes all of this sound correct as it is very mkjisleading or do i have a problem and crashplan is updating the file every day but its selecting somhow and old file (although i have no idea where this might be coming from??

I have double checked my settings, i have checked the selection of files and folders, forced a new backup and nothing seems to change this situation.

Can someone check how their file dates look and maybe suggest some solutions to what is going on it this is not how things should be functioning please

Edit: i have added a doc to try to show the date issue.

Edit: Thought i would add an update as i got no response here but i am still discussing with Crashplan. I have been told the issue is to do with the selection i have made does not include the files in question and so they have been removed during their system maintenance. I have got back to them to show the files are in the selection, that i can add and edit files on my PC and these are replicated to my UnRaid server and this location is included in the overall backup selection. backup runs, can see several hundred files, does the backup, says all is done 100% etc - perfect you would think - except when i go into recovery there are no files to recover that are newer than the date i set this all up and adopted my old PC backup. i know the files are in a different location etc but they are clearly within the selection. I am waiting to find out how best to get these files to be included into the backup again as there is 1.2TB of astuff and it all seems screwed up and i do not want to start again. I have asked if changing the machine ID would work to kick it off and to readopt etc - there has to be a way to get them included again !! What is frustrating is that everything looks perfect on the backup side and i would never have known if i had not done a check to see what was recoverable - so maybe go and look as for several weeks i though things were fine and they were a long way from being so.

Maybe if there is no joy i just start again - but what a waste !!!

EDIT - OK so i got no answers here and the support from crashplan was pretty lame. They said in effect once you have deselected something from a backup you cannot add it back in. Also seems if you do not do the adoption correctly it will not pick up the same files again but in a different location. The end result was a screwed up backup from which i would never be able to recover. And so now everything is starting again and i have a wasted, useless 1TB plus of a backup which took many many weeks to get into place. Its a good tool but support was very lacking this time and it seems no one here was able to help either. Lesson is BE VERY CAREFUL what you do with migration, adoption and adding and deleting items from your backup selection in crashplan as it seems once you have an issue there are very few escape routes !

Folder_and_file_dates.pdf

• 2 weeks later...